The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Problem with Blacksmithing Levelling

john.lissendenb16_ESO
john.lissendenb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi,

Can anyone help, I have reached Level 10 in Blacksmithing, but everything I craft is still at Level 1, is this correct? is there something else I should be doing to craft Level 10 Equipment? I have researched a number of traits which and can add to the equipment, but it is still at level 1.
I have also crafted a set (Ashen Grip) which again is at Level 1.

Thanks
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting leveling just unlocks the ability to invest in the Material Passives that let you make higher level items. So, invest points in the Material Passives.

Now, in your case, you need to add materials to what you want to make. Iron or Jute or Rawhide go up to L14, so just use more mats on each piece. You see this on the indicator for the level of the item.

Edited by Nestor on December 29, 2016 4:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to add more material to craft higher level of items. So in the crafting window beside the iron ore there should be a plus sign you can click. That adds more material which makes the item a higher level.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • john.lissendenb16_ESO
    john.lissendenb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, I will try that.