The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fighter's Guild Skill Line Doesn't Offer "Major Brutality?"

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
The Mage's skill line has a skill that offers "Major Sorcery," but the Fighter's Guild skill line doesn't get "Major Brutality?"
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can get major brutality from weapon skills, but I don't think the same can be said of major sorcery.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    You can get major brutality from weapon skills, but I don't think the same can be said of major sorcery.

You can get Major Brutality from 2H and Dual Wield, but not from Bow or OH and Shield.
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    Also why do stamina characters have the only reliable source of minor force? That seems really stupid. Almost every class in the game has a source of major brutality/sorcery, but weaving beast trap into your rotation as a stam character is automatically going to allow more dps for non magicka builds
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, why have things be different?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    That's not a rational way to look at it. What other missing buffs do magickal builds have over stamina in this case? Isn't extra crit damage essential to dps in pve? Many magicka builds run beast trap
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can get Major Brutality from 2H and Dual Wield, but not from Bow or OH and Shield.
    And you cant get major sorcery from destro resto dualweild 1h&s
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Yeah, why have things be different?

IKR. I hate how things are different. When I log on my Magicka NB, it's because I want to play my Stamina NB, but with a blue resource bar. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Mage's skill line has a skill that offers "Major Sorcery," but the Fighter's Guild skill line doesn't get "Major Brutality?"

Don't forget: Not only do you get Major Brutality from 2H, DW, and some class abilities- but the Fighter's Guild passives STACK on top of your damage. You can quite literally get 11% extra weapon damage just by having Expert Hunter and Flawless Dawnbreaker slotted.

While the Mage's Guild ability, Structured Entropy, gives Major Sorcery- nothing else increases spell damage for the amount of spell power with the amount of Mage's Guild abilities slotted.

Both guilds have their trade-offs, though.
    Edited by Savos_Saren on December 28, 2016 7:33PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1h&shield has less use for major brutality as its considered a defensive weapon line by design.

Basically 2 of 3 stam weapons provide major brutality and I've only seen one good PvE Pure bow build that was any good. The one solitaire magika
    Offensive weapon doesn't provide major brutality.

So the normal PvP and PvE stam builds using offensive weapons have one of the melee weapons on one bar and hence have access to major brutality.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not a rational way to look at it. What other missing buffs do magickal builds have over stamina in this case? Isn't extra crit damage essential to dps in pve? Many magicka builds run beast trap

Risk reward so. and I wonder if magicka builds use light weight so they would stay away from the target and dps?
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar