The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do HoTs not prioritize targets?

Anele_Sunder
Hello all

So, I've recently returned to the game and have been healing, mainly.

Something that I've noticed is that, when in combat, Rapid Rejuvenation will not prioritize targets "intelligently", as I see it anyways.

So I'll be in a scenario where 2/4 people have Rapid Rejuv running on them, 2 others don't and the 2 players that don't have the HoT have taken significantly more damage than those that do have it. Yet for some reason Rapid Rejuv will constantly apply to the same 2 players that already have the HoT, sometimes to the point of running out of magika entirely. And when it does get a target that doesn't have a HoT it will sometimes only get 1/2 of those who actually need it.

I don't know what is going on, is there a mechanic I've missed that makes this intentional ? Heals need to be consistent, on demand and this is incredibly frustrating to deal with.

Would appreciate any information.

Thanks

Edited by Anele_Sunder on December 28, 2016 9:37PM
  • Anele_Sunder
    Also something to note, Rapid Rejuv behaves as I'd expect when out of combat.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it only targeted the most damaged ally, then it would be too easy. ;)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Anele_Sunder
    :/
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    If it only targeted the most damaged ally, then it would be too easy. ;)

not true. it used to smart target whoever didnt have it on them. They broke it about 3 patches? back and its never been fixed. Search for the post in the forums about it.
  • Anele_Sunder
    It's nice to see that it's been acknowledged by other players, but disappointing to see it go this long without a fix.

Fingers crossed it happens soon
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to see that it's been acknowledged by other players, but disappointing to see it go this long without a fix.

Fingers crossed it happens soon

Will most likely be fixed sometime in early 2019.

- @Wrobel
  • Anele_Sunder
    mtwiggz wrote: »

- @Wrobel

:( That would be aweful
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mtwiggz wrote: »

- @Wrobel

:( That would be aweful

you must be new around here.