The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Veteran malstrom arena 6 bug

aLi3nZ
aLi3nZ
✭✭✭✭
I can do a video of this. It's very frustrating since I haven't been able to pass this round. My high end pc lags and doesn't show most of the ability effects when the spider swarms come. Doesn't matter what video settings I choose fps drops to 20 or so and lack of visual queues for abilities still occur. Has this been reported?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability visual effects disappearing when the spiders come has always been a thing afaik. It might have been reported at some point but tbh there are worse bugs that I would rather were fixed first. Once you've become used to your abilities visuals disappearing when the spiders come it shouldn't bother you. They're still there and doing damage. Try to not let it put you off and carry on regardless. It might cause you a few deaths at first because it will distract you, but if you expect it and ignore it there's no reason why it should hinder you.

There used to be a worse bug in stage 9 where being snared would prevent the use of liquid lightening until the snare wore off. Thankfully that's been fixed now.
    PC | EU
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could deal with it but that plus lag /fps drops plus the boss spider hitting for 40kspits unless I do everything perfectly means I keep failing at this. Would easily pay 1m gold for any maelstrom staff
    Edited by aLi3nZ on December 29, 2016 4:24AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    I could deal with it but that plus lag /fps drops plus the boss spider hitting for 40kspits unless I do everything perfectly means I keep failing at this. Would easily pay 1m gold for any maelstrom staff

You might already know this but the small minion spider that spawns 10s after the boss (not the totem weaver) has a nasty snare that makes everything harder. Kill that spider and the snare will lift allowing you to avoid the red patches on the ground. Can I ask what class you are?
    PC | EU