The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is ESO Support always like this now? Should I keep trying?

AlMcFly
AlMcFly
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone. I've recently returned to the game and remember the Support Team being fairly responsive and helpful back at initial game launch. I filed the attached request recently with Support and began getting concerning responses that seem to simply be copy-and-paste form emails, and saying they will close my ticket if I in turn do not respond again (to keep the ticket alive). Ultimately this isn't helpful and it seems like the email's purpose is just meant to "wear me down", hoping I lose interest in my particular problem.

Disclaimer: I was fully prepared to receive no response at all from them until after the holidays. I also didn't expect this to be resolved in a short time. However, immediately receiving these types of responses makes the whole situation much worse than receiving no response at all, in my opinion. I'm not even convinced that these people responding are human.

My questions are:

1. Is this normal for ESO Support to respond in this way?

2. Should I keep playing this circular game of replying until somebody actually tries helping? or should I just give up now while I still have my sanity?

3. Has anyone successfully been helped by Support to solve a similar guild problem? If so, how long ago was this and did you have to go through the same email treatment?

Thanks for your help. :)
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    This is my problem as well, I haven't been able to get more than a generic email response
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, it must have been the holidays. I got a reply back from a human at ZOS who is genuinely helping with my case. I guess I worried for nothing. I hope everyone who is experiencing similar types of emails also get their problems resolved sufficiently. My opinion of their Support Team has increased in positivity as of now :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, first off, they always "close" the ticket. Just words, nothing to be concerned about. This is because people write tickets, solve their own problems, and never tell anyone. So, reply to every email they send you. This re-opens the ticket. Also, don't worry about any time limits that they give you to reply.

They send out generic automatic responses. Some of them may even be related to the ticket. Keep replying until a real person replies. You will know when that happens.

ZOS does not staff for AAA support. My impression is that they are chronically understaffed for the volume. You may have to reply to several tickets before you get an answer.

It is normal, considering the time of year, keep replying.

As for your guild problem... you are doing the right thing.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6097
    Edited by Elsonso on December 28, 2016 8:43PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus