Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a quicker way to level up mages guild and how do you level up to un lock soul assault

jroc699_burr
jroc699_burr
✭✭
i have forgotten how to unlock soul assault lol
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Do the main story line for soul assault and collect books for Mags's guild.
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    is there a quicker way for mages guilds these days fighters guild is so easy but mages guild is not so easy
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there a quicker way for mages guilds these days fighters guild is so easy but mages guild is not so easy

The quest rewards the same exp as 1 book I believe, there's no quick way about it, just do it.
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    dammit does the mages guild dailies level it up as well and or the main story line for the guild quests doo or no? on my main i have full ten but my templar needs it bad
  • Lemonzy
    Lemonzy
    Collect all books on one character and wait for Housing Update where you can have a lorebook bookcase. So easy XP :smile:
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    fingers crossed i do have it all on my main just my templar i need the passives wanted a quick way i spent countless hours getting all the damm lore books on my magika sorc a while ago ruthless grind
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For mage's guild just go pick up lorebooks while you are doing skyshards... It is a one-time investment of time in order to level it up.

As others have said, you get soul assault by doing the main story quests. It takes a few hours to go through all of them. You get skill points for every one, very nice.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    for sure thank you guys for the help :)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lore books are worth 5 mage guild xp each. Collecting all the books in a series, tab in you jornal, is like an extra 20 xp. Mage guild daily quest is 10 xp. Not sure how much xp you get from the main story line mage guild quests, but probably about the same.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    i wonder if this xp buff and scroll gives u more mage guild xp and training gear as well
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Lore books are worth 5 mage guild xp each. Collecting all the books in a series, tab in you jornal, is like an extra 20 xp. Mage guild daily quest is 10 xp. Not sure how much xp you get from the main story line mage guild quests, but probably about the same.

Mage guild main quests give you 40xp altogether. You get for the book found in the end of each quest (4x5xp). And the extra set completion bonus after finding the 4th book (20xp). Won't take you much further in the line...
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wonder if this xp buff and scroll gives u more mage guild xp and training gear as well

Nope
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    dammit lol the first time was brutal but must be done i need passives and some buffs for my magic templar
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dammit lol the first time was brutal but must be done i need passives and some buffs for my magic templar

My only advice is use a website or add-on and be thorough. The 5 per book isn't enough on their own to get you to Mage Guild level 10. You'll need some completion bonuses.
    Edited by driosketch on December 28, 2016 4:54PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    yaa i did full books best way to go for sure thank you guys
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorebooks addon makes it easy.

When I make a new character, I spend roughly 15-20 hours of playtime doing all the skyshards and lorebooks in each of the non-DLC zones, as well as completing any dolmens and world bosses that are up when I pass by them. This gets me to level ~35 or so and roughly 120 skill points. I only complete *all* non DLC zones on chars that I expect to run a lot of builds on. My VMA stamsorc for example, I stopped with about 6 zones unfinished b/c I had enough skill points and mage's guild was 10.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    if i had it on pc would be easy as pie but us console users no addons blowss