The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What are your thoughts on this.

Oxalias
Oxalias
✭✭✭
For some new pvp content/map the three alliances could fight in a naval battle.

Capturing/sinking ships with siege.

I thought this would be a good change of pace for eso. Through out TES lore there are references to fleets sea battles so having pvp take place on a sea battle wouldnt be absurd.

The problem I have with this idea is that the layout might end up like cyrodiil with a un accesible central point with all sides fighting from two directions. It would be cool if the layout was dynamic and the faction fleet position changed or something.

Just an idea c:
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. However I'm having difficulty trying to figure out how the map layout would be. Most of the lore in the game has the fighting centered in Cryodiil, any fighting outside are small espionage/skrimishes in the PvE territories with Pirate/skirmishing naval battles, nothing really large scale.

Another issue is how the mechanics will work. Will multiple players controll one ship, or will each player get a ship on their own. This can be a very huge problem because many players almost refuse to work togeather to operate a single ship. And single crewed ships could just lead to the usually problems in PvP such as zergs, AP farming, ect...
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Emothic wrote: »
    I like the idea. However I'm having difficulty trying to figure out how the map layout would be. Most of the lore in the game has the fighting centered in Cryodiil, any fighting outside are small espionage/skrimishes in the PvE territories with Pirate/skirmishing naval battles, nothing really large scale.

Another issue is how the mechanics will work. Will multiple players controll one ship, or will each player get a ship on their own. This can be a very huge problem because many players almost refuse to work togeather to operate a single ship. And single crewed ships could just lead to the usually problems in PvP such as zergs, AP farming, ect...

Guilds have ships. Make guilds matter again.

As far as Naval combat goes, make it to where ships have limitations to resources it takes to make them, so not everyone has them and it is risky to combat or leave it somewhere. (I.E. DC landing near Sejanus and leaving their ship by the coast, so EP burned it and they wasted 1million AP or something on the ship)
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a rl cadet sailor, i approve this. I can steer the wheel hey :D
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of new pvp battle areas but first Zos needs to figure out a way to encourage players to use the entire map we already have. For instance-the gates between Rayles and Brindle and DC and KC NEVER have battles while the ashmile and chalmile gates are constantly bottlenecked. Those little towns weren't enough of an addition to make any real difference in spreading up fights.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing Archeage, I'm afraid any implementation of sea combat in this game would just be depressing. Still quite sad about the gear/crafting system in that game.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My booty is ready .

pirate-cat-pissed-off-face.gif?w=718&h=404
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds fun, but any kind of objectives in pvp is over shadowed by AP farming, need to do something that makes objectives more attractive and get the players off this farming mentality. There could be a lot more fun and great fights all over the map now if it was not for all the farming.

So many people don't care about the map it's all about personal gain, objectives would be the way you need to get your personal gain, and in ways it could not be exploited, in this game give an exploiter an inch and they will take a mile so sad :)
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on December 26, 2016 11:38PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something like this would take significant resources to implement and maintain -- something ZOS does not allocate to AvA.

Not only that, but the game is sprawling and convoluted enough without adding another layer of complexity. I would prefer to see existing AvA gameplay fixed, improved and diversified.

Edited by zyk on December 27, 2016 12:00AM
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    It would be interesting. Features like guards, claimable ships, maybe even have them moving on the river to make them more dynamic so people would have to go on at ports or entry points, or even jump off bridges to get on the ships. People could be knocked out and killed in the water so it means players would have to be smart about taking or defending it. They could also be worth some kind of bonuses like the home keeps or scrolls.

Only problems I see with this are the possibilities of farmers, but more than likely that will die out shortly, and it would be pretty complicated to add this to the game despite how diverse it could be and I don't have enough faith in Zos to add something like this without making huge mistakes. Kinda like how the towns were supposed to add to the small pvp people and make more use of the map instead of just the 6 emp keeps *coughfailcough*
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oxalias wrote: »
    For some new pvp content/map the three alliances could fight in a naval battle.

Capturing/sinking ships with siege.

I thought this would be a good change of pace for eso. Through out TES lore there are references to fleets sea battles so having pvp take place on a sea battle wouldnt be absurd.

The problem I have with this idea is that the layout might end up like cyrodiil with a un accesible central point with all sides fighting from two directions. It would be cool if the layout was dynamic and the faction fleet position changed or something.

Just an idea c:

You have a better chance of winning the lottery than this happening. So I choose to fantasize about that instead.