The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ebonheart Pact Sergeant Armor

ZunaRoath
ZunaRoath
✭✭✭✭
After doing my main character's armor of Pact Legate, I decided to make my secondary character's armor. His name is Hjalmar War-Shield, and he is a Sergeant from the Pact. He usually uses a two handed axe, but he is also able to use a shield and a one handed axe should the situation require it. Even though, in the Akaviri Invasion, his squad didn't use this kind of weapons or armours, instead they used pelts to cover their bodies, skin painted with mud and blood, their appearance was more of beasts than men, they used stone weapons too, and magic to bring the "cold of Skyrim" over their enemies. BUT- that's not the armor I talk about in here. This armor consists of simple chainmail. It's based off the Nord style armor, along with soul shriven gauntlets and boots.

Hjalmar worships Kyne, so he got some engravings on both his gauntlets and boots of the goddess of the Sky. I leave you some renders here and the Sketchfab link in the end.

Before you ask, yes, he misses a finger, and that's why his left ring finger isn't there, he lost it in RP. Also yes, he has arms but not head <.< I'm currently working on a sculpture of his head.

P3gU3A6.jpg

c6w8g31.jpg

T0IqWsr.jpg

uNNLq6N.jpg

I had also gotten the idea of rigging it to make scenes, so yesterday I worked in the night to achieve it. It was a fast rigging between many crashes of Maya. I tend to prefer 3ds Max for rigging, but it also crashed a lot, tried ZBrush and results weren't great either (was my first rigging there), so I went with Maya. But as I said, it crashed a lot, so I wanted to do it fast but at least good. The results weren't bad at all for around 3 hours! (Rigging means put bones to a model, in a way you can move it, and animate it).

6Bm8NAA.jpg

OG5n121.jpg

(Here I used the arrows from Skyrim, it was like 2 am and I didn't want to make arrows, so the feathers look weird because they've no alpha)

D9tJuTq.jpg

TDTsjAP.jpg

And the SketchFab link :)

https://sketchfab.com/models/a1949411fd3540f8bde49e24a499cf70

I hope you liked it. I didn't bother too much with the ammount of polys, as I mainly wanted this and the Pact Legate armor to be kind of a reel for me and what am I capable of in Asset Creation, even though this is something that should be rigged.
[EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. This is excellent, @ZunaRoath. I really, really like the simplicity and functional look of the armour. And look at that... a proper sized shield! I'd love to see this in the game, but done properly to show the texture and form you have here, rather than the painted-on-torso appearance of some of the in-game sets.

+1 awesome. Wish I could give more.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    Wow. This is excellent, @ZunaRoath. I really, really like the simplicity and functional look of the armour. And look at that... a proper sized shield! I'd love to see this in the game, but done properly to show the texture and form you have here, rather than the painted-on-torso appearance of some of the in-game sets.

+1 awesome. Wish I could give more.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. And I agree, I wish there would be proper sized shields in this game. In RP I've to use the draugr one, but it isn't that big. And the armours too. Lately they seem to work on them better than earlier and give them some shape.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK