The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DLC Dungeons and LFG

Tipsy247
Tipsy247
✭✭✭
What is everyones opinion on random queued dungeons placing low level (below 30) players in any of the DLC dungeons? I understand why Zenimax has done this as one should want to play the content one has bought. However, this is not the case. Perhaps a level 15 who is just learning how to heal can complete ICP, but it has rarely been the case in my experience. It almost always leads to several wipes and the group eventually disbanding. The content in the DLC dungeons is not for beginners. They were built to be a challenge. Lowbies have to wait until level 31 to get into Volenfell but can jump head first into ICP as soon as they reach level 10. I also want to say that I know there is someone who is going to want to say that it is easy to carry a low level through those dungeons or some variant of that. If I was good enough to carry, I would be keeping strictly to veteran to avoid all of this.
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    Tipsy247 wrote: »
    What is everyones opinion on random queued dungeons placing low level (below 30) players in any of the DLC dungeons? I understand why Zenimax has done this as one should want to play the content one has bought. However, this is not the case. Perhaps a level 15 who is just learning how to heal can complete ICP, but it has rarely been the case in my experience. It almost always leads to several wipes and the group eventually disbanding. The content in the DLC dungeons is not for beginners. They were built to be a challenge. Lowbies have to wait until level 31 to get into Volenfell but can jump head first into ICP as soon as they reach level 10. I also want to say that I know there is someone who is going to want to say that it is easy to carry a low level through those dungeons or some variant of that. If I was good enough to carry, I would be keeping strictly to veteran to avoid all of this.

Its really quite stupid isnt it? I've carried a bunch of groups through these DLC dungeons (when all 3 other group members will be lvl 10-30..) because i often do random normals on my main just for fun /helping / xp.
    And i've been on the other side of the coin on my alt where a few people almost brand new to the game just couldnt handle the intensity of nWGT as their first dungeon when we were all under lvl 30.. and who can blame them when you compare it to Fungal Grotto etc.
    I mean they couldnt out dps the healing on the 2nd bosses even with interrupts on Otho.
    I'm not saying its impossible but its a bit of a stretch..
  • Thundertalon
    Thundertalon
    ✭✭
    Yeah it is a problem. And the mechanics of the DLC dungeons are pretty involved, to the point where even high-level players have trouble. Honestly, there's really no reason why we shouldn't be able to turn off DLC dungeons from the random dungeon qeue.
    Pact: DK dps & magblade; DC: magplar, PC NA
    Looking to do group quests (Craglorn, IC, dungeons, etc) - just let me know
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot random cp561 people I've run them with have trouble with them so I only do them with guildies because even if they don't know the mechanics I know they'll have a mic