The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet the Character - Drake of Blades"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Meet the Character - Drake of Blades."

Join us as we meet the Drake of Blades, one of the new characters you’ll encounter while playing through the Imperial City DLC game pack main story.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We're sorry, the page you're looking for can not be found."
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be interesting if she turned out to be the Altmer from the promotional cinematic (Three Alliances/The Siege). Would make for a cool tie in.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surragard wrote: »
    Would be interesting if she turned out to be the Altmer from the promotional cinematic (Three Alliances/The Siege). Would make for a cool tie in.

Speaking of which... can we hope for a new cinematic intro?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Desimator
    Desimator
    ✭✭
    "check back with us next week for an introduction to Captain Caudex, another character you'll encounter in the Imperial City."
    Does this mean it will be at least the end of next week befor ewe see IC on PTS?
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Surragard wrote: »

Speaking of which... can we hope for a new cinematic intro?

I could see them doing one down the road as a promotional with a future expansion pack. Hard to tell though. I'm sure they aren't cheap to produce but on the flip side we also have no idea if they already recorded future ones for planned releases.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Meet the Character - Drake of Blades."

Join us as we meet the Drake of Blades, one of the new characters you’ll encounter while playing through the Imperial City DLC game pack main story.

I dont understand the name "Drake of Blades". What's mean "Drake"? Is this just an untranslated name or does it have some meaning? Because the only meaning I found was "a male duck" :/
    Edited by MikeSkyrim333 on July 29, 2015 5:30PM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand the name "Drake of Blades". What's mean "Drake"? Is this just an untranslated name or does it have some meaning? Because the only meaning I found was "a male duck" :/

It's just an old word for "dragon" only seldomly used these days as far as I'm aware. At least here in Germany it's rather well known as being an alternative to "dragon".

It's used in other parts of the game already, for example there's the keep (and future town) "Drakelowe". "Drake" we know already and "lowe" is old Scottish for "flame"(!). So "Drakelowe" essentially means "dragon fire" or "dragon flame".

And there we're back at a central TES element. :)
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »

It's just an old word for "dragon" only seldomly used these days as far as I'm aware. At least here in Germany it's rather well known as being an alternative to "dragon".

It's used in other parts of the game already, for example there's the keep (and future town) "Drakelowe". "Drake" we know already and "lowe" is old Scottish for "flame"(!). So "Drakelowe" essentially means "dragon fire" or "dragon flame".

And there we're back at a central TES element. :)

So you want to say that "Drake of Blades" can be called "Dragon of Blades" or "Drake" remain untranslated in this case? I ask, because I want to know what it means in my native language, btw how do u translate "Drake of Blades" in German?
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Drache der Klingen". And yes, it essentially means "Dragon of Blades", but it's obviously just a title, which might have some connection to the Blades/Dragonguard as we know it from Oblivion. I guess it's at least some kind of code name or similar, especially considering the state of the Imperial City (traitors, escapees, guerilla warfare, etc.). She obviously organizes part of the resistance, but she also doesn't want her family to be pulled into this (e.g. as hostages).

It's definitely no actual first name or anything like that, because I'd consider it odd. You might have heard of people like "Sir Francis Drake", but again it's a family name here using the old word (just like families might be called "Miller", "Hunt(er)", "Bird", etc.).
  • OldSmeller
    OldSmeller
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice to see such a well developed autistic character in ES lore. This game has always had savants but never a true autistic character like this one.