Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gold Value of Stalhrim Shards?

lagrue
lagrue
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, so I had a tonne of mimic stones leftover from the halloween exclusive motif - anyway, it dawned on me that I could easily just make low level Frostcaller gear with them, and then decon and get a Stalhrim Shard back out of some of them.

I'm wondering how much I can sell these for? Obviously the 5 Mimic Stones that came bundled with Frostcaller weren't enough, so I imagine these Stalhrim Shards should have atleast some kind of value.

Anybody know? I'm a console player so we don't have any real way to check except go to every trader and search - I checked about 10 and nobody is selling them.
Edited by lagrue on December 25, 2016 1:07AM
PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
*GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4, they've been selling for 15k each. I've seen them advertised on PC text chat for about 18k.

From my perspective, they're worth very much, because I'd rather spend my in-game gold to craft these exclusive motifs than pay real money.
    Edited by Pandorii on December 25, 2016 1:08AM
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    On PS4, they've been selling for 15k each. I've seen them advertised on PC text chat for about 18k.

From my perspective, they're worth very much, because I'd rather spend my in-game gold to craft these exclusive motifs than pay real money.

Nice! That sounds like a sweet profit, thanks for that! I'll just cut that 15k to 12 and make some super good sales (hopefully)
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you already know, but I do want to remind you that deconning a piece of gear has a 'chance' of giving you the style material. RNG may not be kind to you if you try to sell the materials compared to selling the crafted gear in that style to someone.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They go for a pretty penny in guild store, but I paid a friend 20k for 2 Stahlrim swords to be crafted, since she had to use mimic stones. I'm glad I got those swords because they are beautiful af.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been paying about 6k - 7k each on PC/NA but most are posted higher than that. I'd suspect that just under 10k is a reasonable price to pay there.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I'm sure you already know, but I do want to remind you that deconning a piece of gear has a 'chance' of giving you the style material. RNG may not be kind to you if you try to sell the materials compared to selling the crafted gear in that style to someone.

Oh yeah, I know - luckily that chance pays out for me about 80-90% of the time. To me, mimic stones aren't especially valuable, so to convert them to gold sounds like an awesome option, even if I lose a little. The only reason I would opt to avoid crafting gear is because I would have to find people and take requests and likely add traits, whereas I can just easily dump mats in the guild trader.

Thanks anyway for the warning though, many would not be so nice :)
    Edited by lagrue on December 25, 2016 2:38AM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*