Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

BIS for a magsorc dps?

Milvan
Milvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello comrades, my magsorc is almost hitting 50 and it's time to study builds. What's the BIS for:

- Vet trial;
- Maelstrom.

Give me your thoughts and suggestions plz.
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    The Lich set with willpower and a magic friendly monster helm might work well for Maelstorm.

The Lich gives you nice recovery every minute if you are below 33% magic. (When it kicks in my magic regen is 3200)

The monster set from Dire Frost Keep gives a nice damage shield that also dishes out damage. So if you are planning on being in the thick of the fight it might be worth looking into.

Ilambris is another nice one as it will procs off the shock damage a sorc has.

Or maybe that Necro set that gives you a bonus to your magic for having a pet active so you can have some heals.

I've only ever done normal Maelstrom as vet is just not my cup of tea lol. Unfortunately I can't remember what set I used for my first run with my sorc.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBS or julinanos with sharpened elegant dual back bar with illambris. This is BiS for vMA. Want a cheaper version, make a TBS or julinanos staff and single sharpened weapon for the back bar then get the elegant jewelery with one armor divines and lasty sharpened elegant weapon for the overload bar.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBS or julinanos with sharpened elegant dual back bar with illambris. This is BiS for vMA. Want a cheaper version, make a TBS or julinanos staff and single sharpened weapon for the back bar then get the elegant jewelery with one armor divines and lasty sharpened elegant weapon for the overload bar.

Agree with this. You only need about 900 mag regen for vma, assuming you have pots, overload, heavy attacks and the arcane well passive. Lich would be a waste I feel, although it's basically BiS for pvp.
    PC | EU
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now im using 5x BSW, 2x Ilambris, 3x Infal Aether, VMA Inferno/Lightning (sharpened) in v.trials

Works a treat!
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all! Really looking forward into these setups. Anybody else?
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,