The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

@ZOS - Since 1Tamriel, any new word on Jewel Crafting?

Cronopoly
Cronopoly
✭✭✭✭✭
Why I ask if there was any new word on Jewel Crafting...For Example, Once you have no use for Armor & Weapons it is easy to break them down with some chance at recovering some base materials... (No chance at recovering applied glyphs...another post another day)

With Jewelry, once it's not useful to any of your toons, it can only be vendored at a loss as it's bound, of course. (Again another question is raised to why it's bound then?) How come I cannot give jewelry to another, if crafting is not in the game. Not trying to propose a Crown store new "Unbinding" mechanic either...

I use the example of Purple old jewelry, that gets vendored for 50-70 gold etc after it's rental period is up. (IQ test there) On the original Guild Store market it might have been worth from 10K - 25K avg. Jewelry seems a one way rathole in practice is my point. This is not unknown, which is why i'm asking if this is intended permanently or if there is some change intended in the future...

P/S.
:wink: - Zos can likely combine all armor crafting into one line "Upgrade" crafting armor line, as with 1 Tam, not too many sets are to be made for those at level 50 "currently", and nothing at all, by design can be made Jewelry wise.

So has Weapon/Armor Crafting been made obsolete for end game PVE/PVP after just 2 years...? honest question
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far, at this point, in the interlude between the 1T upgrade to drops and before the completion with uptick for equip crafts it appears to some equip crafting is at a low point.

Some suggestions of needed fixes are in my signature.

I honestly don't want jewel crafting or improvement or trait change on dropped sets. I feel both of those just further the 'drop set chase' for crafting making drop sets even better.

I want crafting to get unique capability. Give it ability to remove a 234 bonus from craft sets during crafting creating unique to crafts 4pc sets.

Let drops keep jewels and crafts get 4pc.

Let drops keep trait grind and crafts choose traits.

Let each serve different roles not slave crafting to drop support.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    SNIP

I like where you are going with this. Makes alot of sense. Hopefully someone takes some of this into consideration.