The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New to Crafting... Couple questions.

knavery
knavery
✭✭
Hey all,
I'm pretty new to crafting and have a couple of questions. All I've done up to this point is collect mats, and deconstruct items. I have 50 in woodworking, clothing, and blacksmithing. However, I don't really understand how actual creation works.

I'm working on my templar healer and I've been reading that Kagrenac's Hope is the best set. Of course I'm a few traits away from being able to make it. So, I'm thinking of going with half Seducer's and half Juliano's though I'm not sure if those are still favored while working on my high end set.

The questions I have:

1.) When researching traits for Kagrenac's, do I need 8 traits researched for each piece? How do I find out what those traits are?
2.) When making items, they always show as white. How do I up the superiority of the item?

Thanks!
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yes, you need 8 traits for every piece you want to craft. You can check the traits at the crafting station.
    2. You have to improve them at the crafting station, if you have the skill - check your crafting skill line.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • knavery
    knavery
    ✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    1. Yes, you need 8 traits for every piece you want to craft. You can check the traits at the crafting station.
    2. You have to improve them at the crafting station, if you have the skill - check your crafting skill line.

My crafting skill lines are MAXED. In other words, I have maxed all the skill points in at least clothing and blacksmithing. I'm wondering HOW to improve the superiority when making the item. Thanks!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    knavery wrote: »

My crafting skill lines are MAXED. In other words, I have maxed all the skill points in at least clothing and blacksmithing. I'm wondering HOW to improve the superiority when making the item. Thanks!

Improvement is a menu option, just like Refine and Research. Check your passive, though. As you add skill points, the cost of improvement decreases. You should also do this for refining and research if you have not.

You might find this link helpful.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When a set says it needs 8 traits, or 2 traits, it doesn't matter which traits they are. You simply need the correct number researched for each piece.

On my first crafter I used dropped items for research. This worked, of course, but some of my early sets had rather inconsistent traits until I filled in the missing ones. For my second crafter I picked a trait and researched the same trait for each piece, so I could make a full set of "infused" or "reinforced" or whatever trait I wanted at the time.

Everything you make is white. You need to use tempers to improve the item. Until you put skill points into it, you'll use a lot of tempers. When you get everything maxed, you use 2 tempers for green, 3 for blue, 4 for purple, and 8 for gold, for each piece.
  • knavery
    knavery
    ✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    When a set says it needs 8 traits, or 2 traits, it doesn't matter which traits they are. You simply need the correct number researched for each piece.

On my first crafter I used dropped items for research. This worked, of course, but some of my early sets had rather inconsistent traits until I filled in the missing ones. For my second crafter I picked a trait and researched the same trait for each piece, so I could make a full set of "infused" or "reinforced" or whatever trait I wanted at the time.

Everything you make is white. You need to use tempers to improve the item. Until you put skill points into it, you'll use a lot of tempers. When you get everything maxed, you use 2 tempers for green, 3 for blue, 4 for purple, and 8 for gold, for each piece.

Thank you both very much. That's exactly what I was looking for. :)
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    knavery wrote: »

You have to max the passives in each skill line, we'll you don't have to, but it will cost less to upgrade from white to green, green to blue, blue to purple and purple to gold. 2,3,4 and 8 respectively.

After making a piece go down to the improve tab, select the piece you want to improve.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on December 19, 2016 9:36PM
  • TheHarshWinter
    Hello there, instead of creating the same post I`ll write here.

I`m 24 lvl crafting character. I`m grinding for 40 hours to lvl up my Blacksmithing. Is evr ok? Cuz 40 hours of stupid farming = only 7th lvl blachsmithing(I`m deconstructing only) Can anyone help to do it faster? Really annoying. I need a 40 lvl of Blacksmithing... awesome.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there, instead of creating the same post I`ll write here.

I`m 24 lvl crafting character. I`m grinding for 40 hours to lvl up my Blacksmithing. Is evr ok? Cuz 40 hours of stupid farming = only 7th lvl blachsmithing(I`m deconstructing only) Can anyone help to do it faster? Really annoying. I need a 40 lvl of Blacksmithing... awesome.

Decon gear above your level is the fastest route.
  • skiptomyluau
    skiptomyluau
    ✭✭✭
    Sell your gold tempers while below CP 160 and use the proceeds to buy all the cheapest blue/green armor from the guild stores. You can hit 50 in a week or so
  • skiptomyluau
    skiptomyluau
    ✭✭✭
    Also lots of intricate items for sale in guild stores cheap easy inspiration. I did that for 45-50 in 1 day