The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Best Mundus Stone for Mag DK DPS

Cazic
Cazic
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm running all divines and currently using the Atronach stone to boost my mag recovery. Stats are:

29.5k mag
13k health
10k stam

1170 mag recoery

That's without food or drink. I'd normally run tri stat food, so add 4-5k to each of those base stats.

2.3k spell damage unbuffed
48% spell crit

Basically I feel that ~1200 recovery is safe and any lower would be a bad choice. But, I'm tempted to change to the Mage or the Thief for a DPS increase.

Thoughts?
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Thief. Divines is basically irrelevant unless you're using a % base mundus stone, as flat a value mundus simply does not receive enough of a buff from divines.
    Edited by Tremors on December 21, 2016 9:33PM
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming this is a PVE build. Thief is absolutely the answer unless you are wearing Twice Born Star. Then, the answer is thief + shadow. Also, dont run tri-food. Run Blue Health+Magic food.

There is absolutely no reason to give any thought to your recovery in PVE other than champion points. Most of my trial toons have about 800 magic recovery. You get your sustain from your healer with Orbs and Ele Drain.

If this is a PVP build, Then Attro is good and divines is useless.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to reply but saw that @Oreyn_Bearclaw already said everything I was going to. Literally everything, pve, pvp and food suggestions. So just listen to him, no other replies are needed :D

:endthread:
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I was going to reply but saw that @Oreyn_Bearclaw already said everything I was going to. Literally everything, pve, pvp and food suggestions. So just listen to him, no other replies are needed :D

:endthread:

LMAO :smiley:
    Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming this is a PVE build. Thief is absolutely the answer unless you are wearing Twice Born Star. Then, the answer is thief + shadow. Also, dont run tri-food. Run Blue Health+Magic food.

There is absolutely no reason to give any thought to your recovery in PVE other than champion points. Most of my trial toons have about 800 magic recovery. You get your sustain from your healer with Orbs and Ele Drain.

Good to know. Thanks.

Which trait would you recommend over Divines for PVP--Impen or Infused?
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazic wrote: »

Good to know. Thanks.

Which trait would you recommend over Divines for PVP--Impen or Infused?

Impen is king in PVP. Some people run infused on the big pieces, especially if using tri-stat glyphs, but that is a judgement call. Small pieces should definitely be impen IMO for most builds. There are certainly expectations to every rule.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on December 21, 2016 11:55PM
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impen is the biggest factor towards smoothing out damage spikes, which in turn increases your likely hood of surviving burst. Thus in PVP it is generally considered the go to trait, different players feel comfortable with more or less Impen. Ultimately it is not going to save you from massive damage from multiple people, it will help smooth the damage though so given you have some self survivability it can save you.

Provided your Crit is below 70-80% without Mundus then you should go Thief for PVE. Magicka management is integral to DPS, ultimately though most fights will not be a pure stand and burn dps, there will be DPS "Windows" where you will get a good segment of rotation, there will be burst windows, there will be times where movement and mechanics interrupt full rotations. It is much better to try to maximize DPS potential and then manage your sustain through group help, potions, proper ult usage and finally heavy attacks when necessary.

The primary function of running all Divines for PVE is to take advantage of the scaling of percentage based Mundus stones (Thief + Shadow) which are significantly out of proportion to the other Mundus stones. If all Mundus was scaled the same as Warrior or Apprentice then Divines would be significantly less valuable as a trait.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options