Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lorebook/s for Grim Harlequin?

me_ming
me_ming
✭✭✭✭✭
When I bought the Grim Harlequin motif, I wasn't able to see the lorebook/s in my Library. I don't know if that was intended. Or if ZoS has plan of adding it to our Library. But I do wonder if this is the same case as the new crown only motif that came with the New Life event?

Need info about this @ZOS_GinaBruno Please. Thanks.
"We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
-Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No lorebooks for crown store motifs.
    Crown store bought items contributing to achievements was thought to be not a good idea when they release the GH motif so they excluded them. Although the way ZOS is marketing atm, they don't give a damn anymore and soon it will be a case of anything goes.
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Crown store bought items contributing to achievements was thought to be not a good idea when they release the GH motif so they excluded them. Although the way ZOS is marketing atm, they don't give a damn anymore and soon it will be a case of anything goes.

Oh wow! Seriously? If that's true, that makes me really sad. I mean, sure, I maybe one of the few, but I actually like reading the lore in this game (especially the motifs), I bought their books!!! lol. Did they say why it would be a bad idea to include crown store bought items as part of the achievements? It's not like your achievement points gives you any advantage in game. It's practically just there without any purpose. And honestly, they don't even have to include it in the achievements, I just want to read the lorebooks of this motif/s. I didn't read it when I used the motif, thinking I could open my library and it'd be there. :(
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    me_ming wrote: »
    Synfaer wrote: »

Oh wow! Seriously? If that's true, that makes me really sad. I mean, sure, I maybe one of the few, but I actually like reading the lore in this game (especially the motifs), I bought their books!!! lol. Did they say why it would be a bad idea to include crown store bought items as part of the achievements? It's not like your achievement points gives you any advantage in game. It's practically just there without any purpose. And honestly, they don't even have to include it in the achievements, I just want to read the lorebooks of this motif/s. I didn't read it when I used the motif, thinking I could open my library and it'd be there. :(

Same here! Didn't read it initially, as I was wanting to get on with the NL Festival and thought I'd just read it later. They don't have to contribute to achievements, just be in the Lore Library. How about a special section that's separate from the rest of the Lore Library?
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is. I remembered reading it from Haskill (Sheogorath's servant):

uesp.net/wiki/Online:Grim_Harlequin_Style_(collection)

Look around a little in your Eidetic Memory.
    Edited by Karius_Imalthar on December 20, 2016 10:44PM
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shall check this in game. Thanks for this suggestion. :)
    Edited by me_ming on December 21, 2016 11:07AM

• Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Why bother with that motif if the style stones don't even drop in game. Its a set only you will ever craft for yourself unless you start a PayPal account to start crafting for others.
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is. I remembered reading it from Haskill (Sheogorath's servant):

uesp.net/wiki/Online:Grim_Harlequin_Style_(collection)

Look around a little in your Eidetic Memory.

Checked it. It's not there :(

• me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike0987 wrote: »
    Why bother with that motif if the style stones don't even drop in game. Its a set only you will ever craft for yourself unless you start a PayPal account to start crafting for others.

You can craft and decon, then sell the stones. I know they are quite expensive. Moreso, why not craft for myself? I do like how it looks. I bought it because I like it, and so when I feel like updating my look, I can craft it (yes, I have a ton of spare mimic stones). I didn't buy it so I can craft the motifs for others (at least not the reason why I got the motif). And that's why it bothers me that I didn't get the lorebook as well, I paid for the motif (which should include the lorebook).