Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favourite City you would settle in ? And Why?

• Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    @geonsocal

Great, thank you, between me and you I voted for Vulkel Guard, smallish town, great beaches yet inns and other adequate facilities, including a port so I can go on cruises in my old age.... But also would luuuuv to have a holiday house In Morrowind overlooking a view with flowing lava!!!! Would be just breathtaking. Giant mushrooms friendly floating netchs, in my mind Morrowind would be a tourist hotspot.... But the heat and ash as you say makes it hard to settle down there. ....... Let me know your vote.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an AD I think daggerfall and shornhelm are beautiful, dunno if it's because I'm from the uk and just like brick-work or what.
    PC | EU
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    @FriedEggSandwich Despite being from AD I'm sure you have some 'Breton' in you still, can I take Daggerfall as your one mer one vote?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mozsta69 wrote: »
    @FriedEggSandwich Despite being from AD I'm sure you have some 'Breton' in you still, can I take Daggerfall as your one mer one vote?

I've always "rp'd" (I don't rp lol) that my altmer is an 8th orsimer so that would fit ;) Technically speaking I prefer shornhelm for it's quietness and convenience, but daggerfall is more awe-inspiring. So yeah you can take daggerfall as my mer vote :)
    PC | EU
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    @FriedEggSandwich thank you, and updated my spreadsheet, we are now upto 49 votes. My goal is 100 lol to make it slightly more legitimate.... BIG THANK YOU!!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mozsta69 ... i had found it, then i had suddenly "unfound" it...

thankfully i remembered that i had seen this strange shining rock there at one time; and, i was able to track the location down again on an old map i had found in a chest in a fallen chapel in cheydinhal...

in all of tamriel - cyrodiil is where i enjoy to be...i am not particularly fond of the cold - so, most of my time is spent wandering about in what is currently called the aldmeri dominion territory...

hopefully I can convince some other veteran soldiers from this accursed war to come and settle down in the area also - once all the foolish fighting finally dies down...

i enjoy the fact that it has such easy access into imperial city, there is always plenty of fresh slaughterfish and game in the woods nearby...also not too far from that quaint little village of cropsford, which consistently produces some of the best vegetables in all tamriel...and contains a fine elf woman whom i would like to better know...

my happy home will be the lunar fang docks...soon to be renamed - geosport

sure, yes - i understand there is a bit of a vermin situation going on there at the moment - however, no question that when i'm ready to settle in i will clean that area up for good in no time at all...i am happy to say i have a few friends whom have a bit of a nasty bite themselves...i will make myself some nice comfortable rugs and jackets with some of the better hides...

there are two sturdy houses for guests and workers, another spacious building along the dock, which will serve as both storage area and home for myself and whatever other old soldiers are willing to carve out a spot for themselves in this beautiful land...there is even a pavilion on the grounds designed for sanguine himself to revel in...

by zenithar when this ridiculous war comes to an end - we will be richer than king emeric himself...

if you have not found it yet (although if you are angling for fishing mastery - i am sure you have) - please come visit us...we will fish, we will dance, perhaps even engage in a friendly duel or two - then we will eat, drink mead and enjoy a nice bowl of some fine mountain flowers :)

here is my happy little home to be:
    _skyshard_Tooth_of_Jone_or_Jode._image_eso_2014_02_27_17_43_24_625_m.jpg
    Edited by geonsocal on December 8, 2016 6:58PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ivehn
    Ivehn
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would choose Skywatch; it’s next to the water, it has so much greenery, and the buildings look pretty. There are a lot of spots to enjoy a nice view, and little flowery alcoves to laze around, and the marketplace seems boisterous and lively. My second choice would be Davon’s Watch for the same reasons, and also, for those falling petals. Landscape-wise, I'm fond of the extremes: northern Eastmarch, especially during the night when you can see the auroras, and Alik’r desert, again at night time, because the stars are so bright :smile:
  • The_4O4
    The_4O4
    ✭✭✭
    North Point in Rivenspire. It's a comfy little port tucked in between the jagged mountains and rolling hills. It's not too big, but it's big enough for me. And the view from the light house is breathtaking. Shornhelm is also nice, but it's too busy for my tastes.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anvil, I like the building style and it's laid out in a semi-circle with everything (stores, crafting, etc) close together.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    @geonsocal

Hi Geon;

My apologies as I have been away from my home (and thus my paper quill and ink) for a few months looking for my cousin who joined the Pact to go to the war. The damned war ! How many more Dunmer have to lose their lives.
    Its not as if the Akhaviri invasion was not enough now Molag Bol and his forces are upon us and the best we can do is kill each other !
    Well I was not successful in finding him and the House has the greatest fear of yet another one of the family perishing due to the war. The House was not at all favourable of me returning empty handed and with only vague information.
    May Almalexia Guide him home , its all we can do.

So again my apologies dear friend and thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I have to say ...wow , this is the exact type of spot I myself would desire to retire in once this dreadful war is over.

What an amazing spot I have to say the best response yet. Close to Nature and water but yet acces to the Imperial city hopefully once its free. Exactly what the doctor ordered!

I could do with a bit of a lava view being a Dunmer but this is so far, easily my favourite response. I would love nothing more than to join you on the porch , with some mead in hand and fishing line in tow as we tell tales of our adventures during this disgusting war. Let it be known Lunar fang docks is now on the map! (or in the spreadsheet actually)

Thank you and stay safe.

• Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I think I would choose Skywatch; it’s next to the water, it has so much greenery, and the buildings look pretty. There are a lot of spots to enjoy a nice view, and little flowery alcoves to laze around, and the marketplace seems boisterous and lively. My second choice would be Davon’s Watch for the same reasons, and also, for those falling petals. Landscape-wise, I'm fond of the extremes: northern Eastmarch, especially during the night when you can see the auroras, and Alik’r desert, again at night time, because the stars are so bright :smile:

@Jaimeh

Hail Jaimeh,

Aaaah Skywatch ! I believe is one of the most underrated cities and Im surprised at the lack of votes.
    Now apart from the rude Highelves trouncing around the place I love the city as well , it has a natural beauty mixed with the Aldmeri Architecture as well so much space and all the services one could hop for, thank you for the vote it is regiestered taking my toal now to 51 total votes. !!

May Almalexia be with you.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    The_4O4 wrote: »
    North Point in Rivenspire. It's a comfy little port tucked in between the jagged mountains and rolling hills. It's not too big, but it's big enough for me. And the view from the light house is breathtaking. Shornhelm is also nice, but it's too busy for my tastes.

@The_4O4

Hail 404!

North point it is , I have not personally yet been to Rivenspire but I can say you are the second vote for North Point and 52 in total , thank you and may Almalexia guide you my friend.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Anvil, I like the building style and it's laid out in a semi-circle with everything (stores, crafting, etc) close together.

@starlizard70ub17_ESO

Hail Starlizard;

Apologies for the delay as I have just returned home to Davons Watch and a urgent errand to find someone in this wretched war.
    I have not yet been to Anvil myself but your vote has lifted it to be in clear third place , after Riften and Windhelm so it must be place to behold.

Again thank you for your vote , you have made a small contribution to the book I am writing called ' Trip Advisors Tamriel Edition' by Darth Mer.

May Almalexia Guide you !
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please put me down for Velyn Harbor in Malabal Tor. The inn between the beach and the crafting with the bank there is where my toons rest their heads at night.

That said we work out of Wayrest normally as to our eye it is the most asthetically pleasing of the larger more populated towns and has fantastic array of utility with the guild tradets and undaunted / guild dailies that our home in Belyn Harbor can not provide. When housing drops we may move to Wayrest more premanently because I gather houses are going to be only available at 40 locations and Velyn does not seem to feature on the list.
  • JkahrrRadnar
    JkahrrRadnar
    ✭✭✭
    Though there are many beautiful cities in the lands I've visited, my heart is firmly tied to the land of my ancestors -Skyrim. There is nowhere I'd rather be than wandering its wilderness, though to be honest the constant, icy cold of Windhelm does not much agree with me. Maybe one day I'll have the chance to visit Whiterun and the hall of the Companions? That is a place I wish to settle in.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    jarydf wrote: »
    Please put me down for Velyn Harbor in Malabal Tor. The inn between the beach and the crafting with the bank there is where my toons rest their heads at night.

That said we work out of Wayrest normally as to our eye it is the most asthetically pleasing of the larger more populated towns and has fantastic array of utility with the guild tradets and undaunted / guild dailies that our home in Belyn Harbor can not provide. When housing drops we may move to Wayrest more premanently because I gather houses are going to be only available at 40 locations and Velyn does not seem to feature on the list.

@jarydf You have been recorded in the annals of time as a vote for Velyn Harbour, the first vote in fact for this beautiful part of Tamriel , taking my vote count to 54!

Happy new year and thank you for your Vote Jarydf!
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Though there are many beautiful cities in the lands I've visited, my heart is firmly tied to the land of my ancestors -Skyrim. There is nowhere I'd rather be than wandering its wilderness, though to be honest the constant, icy cold of Windhelm does not much agree with me. Maybe one day I'll have the chance to visit Whiterun and the hall of the Companions? That is a place I wish to settle in.

Hail @JkahrrRadnar from Skyrim,

I am currently travelling through your homeland and also marvel at the beauty of Skyrim, however im very thankful to be in Riften as my Dunmer Bones could not handle the Eastmarch cold any longer, oh how I do miss the warmth of a good lava flow.

I very much appreciate your vote , is there a particular town or village you would prefer to retire in Skyrim ?
    As I am recording votes at a town/village/lodge level rather than regions, thank you again
  • b0ssy11
    b0ssy11
    Auridon is very beautiful, reminds me a little bit of Japan
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    We love the land of Wrothgar, and the City of Orsinium. Something about it feels well built, like the look of the street and architectural buildings.
    Wish the developers would put in player housing there. We would fight Malacath himself and tear out his left tusk to be able to live in Orsinium.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    We love the land of Wrothgar, and the City of Orsinium. Something about it feels well built, like the look of the street and architectural buildings.
    Wish the developers would put in player housing there. We would fight Malacath himself and tear out his left tusk to be able to live in Orsinium.

Hail @Victoria_Marquis , oh Orsinium, I have heard great tales and stories about this mighty Orc City , I myself have not yet been there , yet I do have a invitation to the city which once I have done my dealings in Abahs Landing I will attend.

Thank you your vote has now been registered!
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall because that's where my character ended up. Read my post 'Character Origins (Tell us your story)'
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    @Chrysa1is

Thank you for the vote, making it 56 Votes. Riften still leads the way with Windhelm coming second!!
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you have to ask such difficult questiones. Well, I guess I'm gonna have to go with Kvatch. It's a lovely city with fountains, a hedge maze and even an arena. It is where I spend most of my time, so it seems only fair that it's what I vote for.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    Why do you have to ask such difficult questiones. Well, I guess I'm gonna have to go with Kvatch. It's a lovely city with fountains, a hedge maze and even an arena. It is where I spend most of my time, so it seems only fair that it's what I vote for.

Hail @MAEK ,

Lol Well Tamriel is just so beautiful this question needs answering !
    Thank you for your Vote, you have now lifted Kvatch to a tied Third position behind the freezing yet partying Windhelm and Riften....Kvatch now has 4 votes in total, Windhelm 5 and Riften has 7 Votes to lead the way.

May the Three be with you.
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerfall.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    @thomas1970b16_ESO

Thank you for your vote ...Daggerfall it is (3rd vote for Dagerfall, Riften still leads with 7 , 58 votes in total)

Thank you again the more votes the more accurate my research haha
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭

Yeah my main altmer character has been in orsinium for a while and it's growing on her. Mostly the colder north areas, I prefer it to the likes of windhelm.
    Edited by Druachan on January 24, 2017 6:56PM
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.