Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can no longer login to main site, but can to Forums?

KiroElmarok
KiroElmarok
✭✭✭
Hey, returning player to ESO and was wonder why I can no longer login to the main site with my email and pass anymore.

Was there a purge of old accounts?

Was hoping to return seamlessly to play with some friends that just got into the game, but I'm at an impasse here.

Thanks in Advance.
Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you mean logging into the game, or the account page, I recommend a password reset at http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming you mean logging into the game, or the account page, I recommend a password reset at http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home

That one of the problems as well, I can't use the email associated with the account to recover.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That one of the problems as well, I can't use the email associated with the account to recover.

I still suggest the help URL. You will definitely want to request a password reset. Use an email address that you have access to when they ask for one.
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭

I still suggest the help URL. You will definitely want to request a password reset. Use an email address that you have access to when they ask for one.

I understand what you're saying, go to the link and attempt to reset my password.

I don't think you understand what I'M saying. When I attempt to recover the account with my creditials, its says, "Could not find account matching those details."

So, again.. thanks for trying, but you've miss understood the problem.

• KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    To add to my issue, I was able to use an alternate account to login (an older account) but the account didn't have my game purchases.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you are right, I did not get that your email was not recognized by ZOS. I thought that you had a password issue on an account where you no longer access the email that ZOS knows you by. I suspect that someone like @ZOS_CoriJ is going to have to make an appearance.
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    No, you are right, I did not get that your email was not recognized by ZOS. I thought that you had a password issue on an account where you no longer access the email that ZOS knows you by. I suspect that someone like @ZOS_CoriJ is going to have to make an appearance.

the strange part is that my forums side of the account is still related to the email address is question.

Submitted a ticket, so cheers on pointing me to the support page.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the strange part is that my forums side of the account is still related to the email address is question.

Submitted a ticket, so cheers on pointing me to the support page.

The forum and the game account are two separate things. Glad you were able to submit a ticket.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was wonder why I can no longer login to the main site with my email and pass anymore.
    We actually got rid of the ability to use your email as a UserID shortly after the game launched. While there are some exceptions depending on where you're logging in, you should be using your UserID name and password. :) Also, we do not purge accounts. So we can at least confirm that your account is accessible, it is just your access that is an issue at this time.

If you're having trouble with password reset keep in mind that you do need to use the first and last name as you entered it exactly when you first registered the game. Otherwise, we would suggest replying to your support ticket when you get a response. We cannot handle account issues from the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_CoriJ wrote: »
    was wonder why I can no longer login to the main site with my email and pass anymore.
    We actually got rid of the ability to use your email as a UserID shortly after the game launched.

I know.

While there are some exceptions depending on where you're logging in, you should be using your UserID name and password.

I know, I do, how do you think I'm posting on the forums right now?
    Also, we do not purge accounts. So we can at least confirm that your account is accessible, it is just your access that is an issue at this time.

Why is my account locked?

We cannot handle account issues from the forums.

I'm no fool. As you can see in the thread I didn't say anything in regards to my account other than its unrecoverable or locked or whatever... at this time.

My support ticket was answered, to which I replied immediately.

Confused why its says, "Could not find account matching those details." when I use the email tied to the account for recovery...

• KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    Delete this thread...

• ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We see you're now in game. Glad you solved your issue. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.