The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Boosting your AP

Earthewen
Earthewen
✭✭✭✭✭
I am wondering about the practice of boosting AP by lining up friends from an opposing faction and killing them for the AP boost. Is this an acceptable method of boosting the standings in the emperorship? I have heard conflicting ideas and am just wondering. In my opinion, it's pretty cheap. However, I'm not sure if it is considered acceptable. I'd like to know what to tell my guildies. If it is accepted, then my peeps who are out there all day and all night could be in first place right now. Maybe, they should do this if it's not considered cheating or exploiting by ZOS.

Does anyone have information about this? Please let me know. I don't want to break any rules of ZOS or do anything considered bad by fellow players in all factions.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's exploiting to farm AP with the goal of beating players legitimately fighting for Emp. You're griefing every other player on your faction trying for emp. It's undermining the entire system forcing your way into the emperor position in a way that you were never intended to get there, the definition of exploiting.

Looking forward to the day when getting Emperor is less a mindless AP grind, and more an intelligent measurement of a players contribution to their factions overall success in a campaign.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the day when getting Emperor is less a mindless AP grind, and more an intelligent measurement of a players contribution to their factions overall success in a campaign.

I hope you're still young ...
    biggrin.gif
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

I hope you're still young ...
    biggrin.gif

This simple Khajiit dreams of warmer sands. :')
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's exploiting to farm AP with the goal of beating players legitimately fighting for Emp. You're griefing every other player on your faction trying for emp. It's undermining the entire system forcing your way into the emperor position in a way that you were never intended to get there, the definition of exploiting.

I agree, the way to get emporer is too easily exploited. Majority of the time I see players who are emporer are the ones who play the game non-stop for days boosting AP. And then when they get emporer all they do is just sit in a keep or outpost boosting even more AP. Majority of emporers I see on the game now are players who use emporership just to pad thier own stats. They couldn't care less if their alliance is losing the campaign, and will use their many emporer buffs for thier own selfish gain.

What I like to developers to do is adjust the system of obtaining emporer. I believe that players should be able to become emporer by the combination of their AP gain, as well as their contrubtion to that campaign. For example how many keeps, outposts, and resources they capture, and how many they defended.
    Edited by Emothic on December 15, 2016 1:58PM
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP tends to be a small world and I have been playing eso since it came out on Xbox. We remember who boosts ap by exploiting the game. I have experienced all of EP coming together to crown an emp who we like and respect! It's an awesome feeling and what keeps me playing. Becoming an emp is also about politics. People whine when their faction won't help them yet they have not been nice to other faction members.

I do not understand why people don't realize this.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    PVP tends to be a small world and I have been playing eso since it came out on Xbox. We remember who boosts ap by exploiting the game. I have experienced all of EP coming together to crown an emp who we like and respect! It's an awesome feeling and what keeps me playing. Becoming an emp is also about politics. People whine when their faction won't help them yet they have not been nice to other faction members.

Nor do I. I worked day and night when I pushed for emp. There was another faction member who is a twitch person. He wanted emp but was not ahead of me in the AP. He did everything he could to rattle and upset me. Sent me sexually demeaning whispers. Bad mouthed me on his Twitch channel. Called me a repair ***. (The next day, he was repairing walls and told his fanboys, "AP is AP." He was reported for the harassment, but ZOS wouldn't do anything because he was running a Twitch channel and they would lose their free publicity.

I went without sleep for at least two days to try and get the emp title. I knew that I would be starting a new job and wouldn't be able to probably ever get it again. My guild was furious with how he was constantly calling me out in zone and harassing me. Then other guilds saw it and got angry, too. My GM was in talks with the rest of the faction (EP). They were determined that this Twitch *** would not get emp before I did. At that point, I was so tired they were just kind of leading me around and helping me focus on the job. LOL I was exhausted.

Well, we all did flip the emp ring just in time. He was furious. He got on his Twitch channel and did an all call to all of his watchers that weren't EP to come out and flip the ring. Most of his watchers at that point of the night were AD, so they started pushing after most of the EP logged off. Not me. I stayed and defended everything I could with the dwindling numbers until it was just me a couple of guildies through the night.

In the wee hours of the morning, I got a whisper from a raid lead over on DC. Apparently, the Twitcher had contacted him and asked him to flip the emp ring away from me. He even offered him gold to do so. DC told him what to do with his gold and said, "No." The DC wanted me to know that they would not ever help this dude. Not only that, DC showed up to fight AD (who was still pushing) to defend my last emp keep.

Eventually, AD did flip the ring. And that is when the entire faction of EP said this dude, "There is no way we will ever push for you to be emp." And they didn't. He was always bragging about being a solo player out there and how guilds sucked, and now he was begging the rest of EP to group up the push the emp ring for him. They said, "No."

He eventually asked to speak to me in TS to ask me to ask them to push for him. I told him I would if he publically apologized for the way he had treated me and tried to publically humiliate me. What he said on his channel was bad, but not as bad as what he said to me privately and in zone (which was blotted out on his channel). He refused and so did I.

The end of the story is that he never did get emp that campaign. Some of his friends started had sending me hate whispers (because I had already blocked him, I'm guessing.) and telling me it was all my fault. I hadn't asked for anything else except to just play the game and see what I could do with emp, and keep it as long as I could to help my faction win the campaign. What the guilds did, they did on their own.

The good thing from it all was that I did get emp. EP rallied together and did win the campaign despite the JERK. And after three or four days of little to no sleep, I crashed with the satisfaction that I did my best against the odds that were constantly being stacked against me. :-)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Earthewen - that was a great story, love reading it...thanks for taking the time to write it :)

good to know that the "karma police" are alive and well...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emothic wrote: »
    What I like to developers to do is adjust the system of obtaining emporer. I believe that players should be able to become emporer by the combination of their AP gain, as well as their contrubtion to that campaign. For example how many keeps, outposts, and resources they capture, and how many they defended.

So you are saying that someone who just sits in keeps "defending" is contributing more than other players who are actually killing people as long as they are not doing it around keeps. Lol. That system would be more broken than what we have now.
    Edited by pieratsos on December 19, 2016 9:07PM
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure that's what he meant exactly. However, I think there is a huge problem between different types of playing. The PVP of this game was built around large scale combat with it being advertised as "hundreds of players" able to play in the same vicinity and on the same map. We have seen the fallacy of that idea with all the lag in TF at the moment and Azura's before it was made non-champion points. Clearly, the game isn't as advertised.

However, does ganking contribute to the overall purpose and goal of PVP in ESO? In some ways, maybe. It is little more than harassing the raids, which slows them down from taking keeps and other objectives. Some people just don't want to play in a raid or group. Okay, fine. But stop whinning about getting zerged. This game was built for large-scale PVP. Slowly but surely, they have whinned so much that ZOS has had little choice but to gear things towards the solo players. this is usually because the free advertising they get from the Twitchers who threaten to stop playing and take their fan boys with them. ZOS quakes in its boots at that thought, and so tries to accommodate a very small portion of the population, and usually the ones who aren't paying to play. Where gaming is concerned, I've finally learned that logic does not play a part in the decision and playing making processes.

Sad really. Very, very sad.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    Not sure that's what he meant exactly.
    Well thats what he said. If u are going to propose something to change then it has to be better than what we have now.
    . Some people just don't want to play in a raid or group. Okay, fine. But stop whinning about getting zerged. This game was built for large-scale PVP.
    Solo - small scale players are not whining because they are just getting zerged. The problem is all the broken mechanics, sets and abilities that those zergs are abusing which makes it impossible to fight them even when you outplay them. Player skill isnt even a factor in PVP anymore so it all comes down to numbers. If you are fine with that ok but stop telling people not to complain because they want skilled PVP. And what we have now isnt large scale PVP. Sorry but zergballs going back and forth isnt large scale PVP.

ZOS has had little choice but to gear things towards the solo players.
    Yes they geared things towards solo players so much that they finally managed to basically kill solo play. Lol. Would like to hear tho what exactly did they do for solo play cause as far as i know in every patch they add something that does exactly the opposite.

• Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

So you are saying that someone who just sits in keeps "defending" is contributing more than other players who are actually killing people as long as they are not doing it around keeps. Lol. That system would be more broken than what we have now.

What I said are just simple examples, I did not bother to go into detail about it. But if you wish. For it to be considered a Defense the objective (keep, outpost, resorces) has to be ticked/flagged. Marked as being attacked, once it is defended then that players will recive that "point" for a defense. The players must also be active in combat during the defense. Means they either need to take or cause damage. Sitting inside the inner postern doing nothing will not count. You could also have it to where offensives could be worth more "points" then defending. A system like this can easily be modified, to add a multitude of requirements for a player to become emporer.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What I said are just simple examples, I did not bother to go into detail about it. But if you wish. For it to be considered a Defense the objective (keep, outpost, resorces) has to be ticked/flagged. Marked as being attacked, once it is defended then that players will recive that "point" for a defense. The players must also be active in combat during the defense. Means they either need to take or cause damage. Sitting inside the inner postern doing nothing will not count. You could also have it to where offensives could be worth more "points" then defending. A system like this can easily be modified, to add a multitude of requirements for a player to become emporer.

If we are going to be more specific then how about this. I sit in a keep just shooting with ballistas doing "dmg". Maybe i can kill a few that will be rezed obviously so in reality i didnt actually do anything. While at the same time another player is between the two keeps and slaying everyone who goes to help the attackers. You tell me who is contributing more. The point is defending/taking keeps is not the only way to contribute to the campaign.
    Edited by pieratsos on December 20, 2016 4:44PM
  • Elladan_Eloheimik
    Elladan_Eloheimik
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the way to get emporer is too easily exploited. Majority of the time I see players who are emporer are the ones who play the game non-stop for days boosting AP. And then when they get emporer all they do is just sit in a keep or outpost boosting even more AP. Majority of emporers I see on the game now are players who use emporership just to pad thier own stats. They couldn't care less if their alliance is losing the campaign, and will use their many emporer buffs for thier own selfish gain.

I like this idea. This is a great idea. Awesome!
    # JothanTheGreat

XB1 NA

AD-HE-MagDK

Guild - Wrath of Aldmeri
  • Elladan_Eloheimik
    Elladan_Eloheimik
    ✭✭✭

Nor do I. I worked day and night when I pushed for emp. There was another faction member who is a twitch person. He wanted emp but was not ahead of me in the AP. He did everything he could to rattle and upset me. Sent me sexually demeaning whispers. Bad mouthed me on his Twitch channel. Called me a repair ***. (The next day, he was repairing walls and told his fanboys, "AP is AP." He was reported for the harassment, but ZOS wouldn't do anything because he was running a Twitch channel and they would lose their free publicity.

I went without sleep for at least two days to try and get the emp title. I knew that I would be starting a new job and wouldn't be able to probably ever get it again. My guild was furious with how he was constantly calling me out in zone and harassing me. Then other guilds saw it and got angry, too. My GM was in talks with the rest of the faction (EP). They were determined that this Twitch *** would not get emp before I did. At that point, I was so tired they were just kind of leading me around and helping me focus on the job. LOL I was exhausted.

Well, we all did flip the emp ring just in time. He was furious. He got on his Twitch channel and did an all call to all of his watchers that weren't EP to come out and flip the ring. Most of his watchers at that point of the night were AD, so they started pushing after most of the EP logged off. Not me. I stayed and defended everything I could with the dwindling numbers until it was just me a couple of guildies through the night.

In the wee hours of the morning, I got a whisper from a raid lead over on DC. Apparently, the Twitcher had contacted him and asked him to flip the emp ring away from me. He even offered him gold to do so. DC told him what to do with his gold and said, "No." The DC wanted me to know that they would not ever help this dude. Not only that, DC showed up to fight AD (who was still pushing) to defend my last emp keep.

Eventually, AD did flip the ring. And that is when the entire faction of EP said this dude, "There is no way we will ever push for you to be emp." And they didn't. He was always bragging about being a solo player out there and how guilds sucked, and now he was begging the rest of EP to group up the push the emp ring for him. They said, "No."

He eventually asked to speak to me in TS to ask me to ask them to push for him. I told him I would if he publically apologized for the way he had treated me and tried to publically humiliate me. What he said on his channel was bad, but not as bad as what he said to me privately and in zone (which was blotted out on his channel). He refused and so did I.

The end of the story is that he never did get emp that campaign. Some of his friends started had sending me hate whispers (because I had already blocked him, I'm guessing.) and telling me it was all my fault. I hadn't asked for anything else except to just play the game and see what I could do with emp, and keep it as long as I could to help my faction win the campaign. What the guilds did, they did on their own.

The good thing from it all was that I did get emp. EP rallied together and did win the campaign despite the JERK. And after three or four days of little to no sleep, I crashed with the satisfaction that I did my best against the odds that were constantly being stacked against me. :-)

Awesome! Good for you.
    # JothanTheGreat

XB1 NA

AD-HE-MagDK

Guild - Wrath of Aldmeri
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are the player I will push for and stay up all night to help! I don't know if you are on Xbox or not, but I respect you!

I have never been emp even though I've played for a long time because I just simply don't have the time.

• Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's face it ... Getting the status of Emp only means that you were not sleeping or doing anything else (if you went to get it legit) or you boosted your AP through means that are not ethical and border on exploitation. It doesn't mean you're a good player. It just means you were out there the longest and you know where the AP was flowing.

I've been very lucky. I have been in two very good PVP guilds and was a raid lead for both. We made our own fights and AP flow which is a ton of fun. It still is, too. We manage to get AP any night we go out as a guild and have a blast doing it. We fight hard and we don't give up ... At least until bedtime. :
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭

If we are going to be more specific then how about this. I sit in a keep just shooting with ballistas doing "dmg". Maybe i can kill a few that will be rezed obviously so in reality i didnt actually do anything. While at the same time another player is between the two keeps and slaying everyone who goes to help the attackers. You tell me who is contributing more. The point is defending/taking keeps is not the only way to contribute to the campaign.

Firstly, if you are using balistas to shoot at enemy players who are attacking your keep you are aiming at the wrong target, depending on the situation. If you are defending the outerwall it is better for the defenders to focus their siege on the enemy siege. Hitting and killing the enemy players won't really have much effect on the offensive forces, as they can revive. However if you focus your defense against the enemy siege equipment, you can reduce their effectiveness in attacking in a very effecient manner. If all of the defenders are doing so, they can actually cause an offensive siege to fail. This can also be done to a limit on the inner walls as well. Hitting enemy forces with defensive sieges is a viable option toward a defense if the attackers are being pushed back, or to defend a breach. Reguardless though you are trying preventing the enemy from attacking, and thus defending.

Secondly, as I stated in my first post. "I believe a players should be able to become emporer by the combination of their AP gain, as well as their contrubiton to the campaign.... " So even though that player is not defending, their AP can count toward them to becoming emporer. There is to be a balance between a players AP and their defensive/offensive "points" in the requirements of becoming emporer. Again, the system can be easily modified to reduce the exploitation of easily becoming emporer as much as possible.

Reguardless of my idea, some change needs to be made. The current system is far to exploitable and not attempting to find a change to fix this sytem is not going to help.
    Edited by Emothic on December 21, 2016 1:41PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Firstly, if you are using balistas to shoot at enemy players who are attacking your keep you are aiming at the wrong target, depending on the situation. If you are defending the outerwall it is better for the defenders to focus their siege on the enemy siege. Hitting and killing the enemy players won't really have much effect on the offensive forces, as they can revive. However if you focus your defense against the enemy siege equipment, you can reduce their effectiveness in attacking in a very effecient manner. If all of the defenders are doing so, they can actually cause an offensive siege to fail. This can also be done to a limit on the inner walls as well. Hitting enemy forces with defensive sieges is a viable option toward a defense if the attackers are being pushed back, or to defend a breach. Reguardless though you are trying preventing the enemy from attacking, and thus defending.

Secondly, as I stated in my first post. "I believe a players should be able to become emporer by the combination of their AP gain, as well as their contrubiton to the campaign.... " So even though that player is not defending, their AP can count toward them to becoming emporer. There is to be a balance between a players AP and their defensive/offensive "points" in the requirements of becoming emporer. Again, the system can be easily modified to reduce the exploitation of easily becoming emporer as much as possible.

Reguardless of my idea, some change needs to be made. The current system is far to exploitable and not attempting to find a change to fix this sytem is not going to help.

Well ok u focus the siege destroy them. Plus u kill players with siege u get AP and u also get a very nice bonus tick on top of that. So u actually get both AP and contribution to the campaign by just sieging while the other guy is busting his ass actually killing people and is just getting AP. But again thats not the point. The point is how do u justify what contributes to the campaign and what doesnt. One player is killing people midway and another is killing them just outside the keep. Why is the one doing it outside the keep contributing more than the other guy when in fact they both do the exact same thing.

Like i said. The point is not that ur system of both AP and contribution to the campaign counting for emp is a bad idea but what u justify as contribution to the campaign and the skill required to do it. Being around keeps whether defending or attacking is not the only way to contribute to the campaign. If u do it that way the only thing u will achieve is to invite all those AP farmers tp farm around keeps so they can get both AP and contribution to the campaign which is only going to make things even worse. The main issue with cyro now is that the map is not being used and thats why u have those AP farmers in the first place. They have nothing else to do. If you want to change that then u have to give them incentives to do something else. And while the incentive of becoming an emp is good, the idea of forcing them to stack in keeps to achieve it is bad and that is what causing the problem in the first place.
    Edited by pieratsos on December 21, 2016 3:05PM