Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Good weapon for sorcerer?

water12518
I have tried vma, but it's like impossible for me now... So any good weapon for sorcerer except vma weapon? Thank you.

Best Answer

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    water12518 wrote: »
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Hello Water,

I have a complete guide in my signature as well as over 100 maelstrom runs on my twitch page now which hold some rather useful information so feel free to check them out.

Before I assist you further, Are you aiming on STAM? Or Magicka?

What CP are you also?

Do you have much experience with the game itself?

I only ask these important questions because this will be beneficially to me helping you further.

Luke

Hi Luke,
    I'm aiming on magicka sorcerer. And my cp is 332. I'm not very good at playing eso with PS4, but not too bad. XD

Thanks.

Hello,

I'll post a few scenarios for you.

1. Assuming you have mats and money. Elegant will be the biggest killer with high price on precise / sharpen.
    From my experience sharpen/precise on elegant weapons are fine... I see a 2-3k DPS difference in Maelstrom and you won't be heavily effected by it.
    - Craft a set of Julianos armour, elegant rings and neck, elegant dual weild for 20% extra damage when overloading, GOLD staff with SHARPEN this can be from any set in the game it doesn't matter.
    - Valk Skoria Helm/Shoulders from City of Ash 2, extra HP and the buffed meteor does amazingly well now with one TAM not to mention the 1k HP you get from the 1 piece bonus.

Option 2. Julianos, Will Power rings/neck, Gold Sharpen Staff Sharpen, Valk Skoria Helm Monster Set - This is the cheaper alternative which you'll only have to worry about mats which are very cheap now days.

Option 3. TBS, elegant rings/neck dual weapon elegant, Valk Skoria Monster Helm - ultimately allowing you to have 2 mundus stones but I really don't like TBS now days.

Ultimately to keep it simple, Julianos + Monster helm + Will Power and a GOLD Sharpen staff you'll be able to do everything easily.

Overtime you should be aiming for Scathing Mage for 498 Spell Damage + 128 from the one piece as well as the crit you obtain from this set. This paired with Julianos is stupid the crit is so high and spell damage is also decent.
    I in this case drop elegant as this combination will give more damage through all sources than just overloading with energy overload ultimate.

If you have any questions in bars/setups please let me know so I can assist further.

Luke

PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

Answer ✓
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Water,

I have a complete guide in my signature as well as over 100 maelstrom runs on my twitch page now which hold some rather useful information so feel free to check them out.

What CP are you also?

I only ask these important questions because this will be beneficially to me helping you further.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• water12518
    Hello Water,

What CP are you also?

Luke

Hi Luke,
    I'm aiming on magicka sorcerer. And my cp is 332. I'm not very good at playing eso with PS4, but not too bad. XD

Thanks.
  • water12518
    water12518 wrote: »
    Hello Water,

What CP are you also?

Luke

Hi Luke,

Thanks.

Hello,

I'll post a few scenarios for you.

1. Assuming you have mats and money. Elegant will be the biggest killer with high price on precise / sharpen.
    From my experience sharpen/precise on elegant weapons are fine... I see a 2-3k DPS difference in Maelstrom and you won't be heavily effected by it.
    - Craft a set of Julianos armour, elegant rings and neck, elegant dual weild for 20% extra damage when overloading, GOLD staff with SHARPEN this can be from any set in the game it doesn't matter.
    - Valk Skoria Helm/Shoulders from City of Ash 2, extra HP and the buffed meteor does amazingly well now with one TAM not to mention the 1k HP you get from the 1 piece bonus.

Option 2. Julianos, Will Power rings/neck, Gold Sharpen Staff Sharpen, Valk Skoria Helm Monster Set - This is the cheaper alternative which you'll only have to worry about mats which are very cheap now days.

Option 3. TBS, elegant rings/neck dual weapon elegant, Valk Skoria Monster Helm - ultimately allowing you to have 2 mundus stones but I really don't like TBS now days.

Ultimately to keep it simple, Julianos + Monster helm + Will Power and a GOLD Sharpen staff you'll be able to do everything easily.

Overtime you should be aiming for Scathing Mage for 498 Spell Damage + 128 from the one piece as well as the crit you obtain from this set. This paired with Julianos is stupid the crit is so high and spell damage is also decent.
    I in this case drop elegant as this combination will give more damage through all sources than just overloading with energy overload ultimate.

If you have any questions in bars/setups please let me know so I can assist further.

Luke

Thank you very much!! That helps me a lot!