Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

how the f* h am i suppose to do the belching contest ?!

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
i cant keep buying expensive beers off my criminal guild mates and belching at everyone who walks past in the hopes that i hit a player maybe and yes before you ask i already ate the food off the tables and i am so stuck here in game not able to do this cause no one will answer me in chat in anything other that none complete sentences for apparently typing is not a taught skill in today's public school systems

insane+rage.gif
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do realize that after you use the napkin once (hint, hint, which makes you belch loudly), you just have to wait until you get a non-belched on player in your target and the usage prompt ("press E" in the middle of your screen) pops up again.

Voila, achievement optional quest step accomplished.
    Edited by Leandor on December 18, 2016 12:43PM
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why is everyone buying the beer? And pushing it on us?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My bad, that's the other achievement.

You go get the quest to hunt ingredients. You collect these. You go back into the arena where the quest giver is located. Before handing the ingredients back in to the quest giver, you consume one of these beers. Then you hand in the ingredients.

Voila, achievement accomplished.
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    My bad, that's the other achievement.

You go get the quest to hunt ingredients. You collect these. You go back into the arena where the quest giver is located. Before handing the ingredients back in to the quest giver, you consume one of these beers. Then you hand in the ingredients.

Voila, achievement accomplished.

I drank my beer after eating the food on the table and drinking from the keg and it unlocked that achievement for me, so I guess you can drink the beer whenever as long as you have that quest active.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I drank the ale after the quest was complete and burped in the general direction of the large crowd of peeps but it did not give me anything. I was told by another player to click "E" so I stood by the chef and spammed the E over and over and over and eventually I got a popup achievement accomplished. I have also been told that you have to burp on someone who has not already been burped on. Idk what is true.

I thought, you know what I'll check the guild trader there on the island and see if they are reeling a profit selling beers. Their inventory had nothing. I'm thinking if I had the trader there I know what I would be selling night and day! Tho I would not charge much more than what it took to procure the ingredients. In the spirit of the season. Still, seeing that trader had no ale for sale hurt something inside me, lolz.

And ty Leandor and Greifenherz for your quick response to my thread! I appreciate your input on this matter greatly. :D

Edited by Jemcrystal on December 18, 2016 1:07PM
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure you can just open your inventory and manually activate the "used napkin" to get this achievement. Worth a try anyway - find a player, open inventory, and use the napkin which is in the quest item section of your inventory.
  • Daganerabus
    Daganerabus
    ✭✭✭
    Time to switch beer! Perhaps some hard liquer!
    lol. kidding.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to srink thw twice spiked ale while the quest is active and after you have hunted for the meat and the honey, its the crafted drink from the recipe you get from new life box.

If you have already done the drink the betnikh ale and are at the napkin phase its too late
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I remember, you simply just consume the ale from your consumables quickslot while in the area (not even sure if it needs to be in the vicinity, or just on betnikh)

I'm pretty sure I did it way after i'd handed the quest in too.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The napkin part finishes the quest before you have to return to Benda. The napkin when you click E is non negotiable so it doesn't seem it would be the achievement part. The achievements seem to be a hidden task (tho hinted at) above and beyond the requirement of the quest. Note achievements are not required to complete the Festival and get looty! They are for people seeking the title.

Now here is the embarrassing part. When I started this (and many other posts like it about other aspects of this Festival) I DID NOT KNOW THE ACHIEVEMENT WAS ONLY FOR A TITLE and no other gain but a title. I was at that time under the impression that we would receive some kinda major looty-booty in purple if we went the extra mile. I no longer care about achievements so my thread is obsolete for me. But it might be interesting to other players still.

Here explains the achievements some more at the bottom page: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Life+Festival but still lacks any depth.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrani wrote: »
    I am pretty sure you can just open your inventory and manually activate the "used napkin" to get this achievement. Worth a try anyway - find a player, open inventory, and use the napkin which is in the quest item section of your inventory.

What I did
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory - Quest Items - Napkin
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to switch beer! Perhaps some hard liquer!
    lol. kidding.

In rl, carbonation in beer gives a much better belch than hard liquor without the fizz...
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread. Now I know there is also actually an achievement and some items that could be useful to hunt down during NLF 2017! :o

Merry X-mas everybody!