Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can anyone school me on how to fish?

Runs
Runs
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
PC using gamepad mode, I usually go by when my bobber gets dragged under as well as the vibration.

YFTf1x4.png

With the event, I can't keep track of my bobber, and the vibrations happen before it goes down too... as if a fish is nibbling but hasn't bit.

Is there an easier way?
Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get a mod or 4. They show you where the holes are and where the rares are. Plus they give you a screen flash of when to reel in.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaye63 wrote: »
    Get a mod or 4. They show you where the holes are and where the rares are. Plus they give you a screen flash of when to reel in.

Thank you, didn't know one would have an indicator for when to real :D
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are addons which will put a giant hook on your screen when it's time to reel it in...can't remember the name off the top of my head...but search for one, you'll find it!
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my, this is going to be an absolute joy on console isn't it?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I am going to wait until this weekend to dive into this event.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh I forgot about the fishing for this event. Time to gouge the 1000s of bait I have to others >:)
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First person can make fishing a lot easiet at times. Also your fishing rod will move significantly when a fish has taken a bite. Finally, if you have high quality sound you can actually fish with your ears with your eyes closed, however I've not tested this out in a large group to see if it's inhibited by a horde.

It migh be worth fishing somewhere non-event related to begin with to get a feel for the mechanics, so you're well prepared for the madness of the intensive fishing session you've shown. Goodluck!

Also, 'school' you on how to fish? Clever. :)
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had never fished in game before today. Still found it really easy to finish this quest once I knew the tell. Just pay close attention to your fishing rod.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Votan's Fisherman addon is great, otherwise 1st person is best.

Fishing school link.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Players Helping Players
    Staff Post
  • Daganerabus
    Daganerabus
    ✭✭✭
    Worms (bait) , a fishing pole. A lake or water hole that has fish in it. Put bait on hook. Cast line into water. Wait. Pull out a fish!
    Don't wat the fish though! It might be tainted!
    Thats why "Organic" is the best solution!
    :D
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is fishing guide, by @MissBizz that I found to be both humerous and useful.

Watch, listen and learn. o:)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :D Thanks all, I ended up getting it all worked out. I ended up using Votans Fisherman to help me. Before that I couldn't stop reeling in when someone else's pole moved, at least not without switching to first person.

Thinking about going for the Master Angler title now that I can properly catch fish :)
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    :D Thanks all, I ended up getting it all worked out. I ended up using Votans Fisherman to help me. Before that I couldn't stop reeling in when someone else's pole moved, at least not without switching to first person.

Thinking about going for the Master Angler title now that I can properly catch fish :)

Uh oh. Going for Master Angler? Sounds like someone's hooked.
    If you can be anything, be kind.