The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best tank build

jgshankles
What is the best tank build? I have a imperial dragonknight.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you want to do. But lets say you want to do PvE content. There´re a lot of good tanking sets out there. I will name a few good setups but I recommend go looking at Tamrelfoundry to look for good builds.

What I´m aiming to use for my tank:
    *5 Ebon (3 rings+ 2 body pieces) Don´t use ebon shield+weapon since there´s a bug where you lose the health buff when swapping front/backbar
    * 5 Tavas favour (craftable)
    * 2 Bloodspawn (Drops from last boss in Spindleclutch II)

Instead of using ebon you can also use alkosh (drops i Maw of Lorkaj, 12 man trial)

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tank builds arent really something you should be worrying about min/maxing

there are several group oriented "buff builds" with the current meta being:

5 Alkosh
    2 Bloodspawn
    5 Tava's

then there is an ultra ulti gen build

5 tavas
    3 Potentates
    2 Bloodspawn
    2 random

then there is the trials group buff build

5 Ebon
    5 Alkosh
    2 Bloodspawn

there was a med armor meta of

5 Powerful Assault

i personally was using:

5 Ebon
    5 Seducer
    2 Alessia's Bulwark

A lot of people will tell you Stamina builds are the best and i guess if youre going into the meta thats true but I personally feel like Magicka DK is leap and bounds superior to stamina dk tank on all accounts. Ive tanked all the veteran content in the game save a vMoL clear. got the second boss in there though. Ive tanked both mag and stam. ive tanked in kragenac's hope and currently do pledges and VDSA with rattle cage and seducers.

seriously, you can basically put on anything and tank anything in the game.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Nord StamDK Tank and I run 5 Black Rose, 3 Thunderbug jewelry, 2 Mighty Chudan, and Agility S&B. Pierce armor, venomous claw, absorb magic, fragmented shield, volatile armor. Back bar is random 2h with rally, reverse slice, wrecking blow, igneous weapons, and talons. Running the Lord mundus and tori stat food and potions. As long as the healer throws me shards, I don't die.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA