Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Char name and player ID

MajesticHaruki
MajesticHaruki
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,
I am relatively new to the game and on numerous occasions I noticed that it displays either the char name or the player Id in chat. My question is can I find a player's Id ( i mean those that start with @) if I only remember the name? A player whispered to me about a trade and I kept his name but cannot find him online now. I noticed that whispers don't include the player's id like in guilds. So a second question (which might have been the first) can I whisper to a player that is online but I don't know his char name, only his Id? Sorry if it's not clear what I am asking.
PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I am relatively new to the game and on numerous occasions I noticed that it displays either the char name or the player Id in chat. My question is can I find a player's Id ( i mean those that start with @) if I only remember the name?
    To knowledge, the best way is to send that character a friend request. Once you are friends you will have their account name in your friends list, and if you mouse over it, you will see the name of their character they're currently playing.

There is also a way you can see character/ID names when mailing by mousing over one or the other when they've sent you mail, but I've not done that in so long I forget the finer points of that, sorry.
    A player whispered to me about a trade and I kept his name but cannot find him online now. I noticed that whispers don't include the player's id like in guilds. So a second question (which might have been the first) can I whisper to a player that is online but I don't know his char name, only his Id? Sorry if it's not clear what I am asking.
    Yes, you can.
    If you can be anything, be kind.