Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

For crafters' sake...

anitajoneb17_ESO
anitajoneb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Please guys, please gals, please everyone...

STOP telling us that our prices are too high and unfair. What you're asking from us is, concretely :
- To stop doing whatever we were doing ;
- To take a pen and a paper and write down everything you want in details (because YOU wouldn't write an email)
- To wait for you until you actually express what you want, send the mats, etc. (after which you're the one getting impatient... )
- To relog on our crafter
- To travel to one or two (sometimes 3) different places to craft your stuff. That usually involves teleporting, loading screens, walking, and often fighting, too.
- Check the amount of mats required towards what you sent. It something's missing, that's again typing, writing, sending, waiting. If it's too much, it's again writing down, counting, retrieving from crafting bag, don't forget to send those back, etc.
- Crafting the stuff
- Carefully sending it back to you, along with whatever extra mats you sent.

It is UP TO US, crafters, to decide what it is worth TO US. If you disagree on the price, just say NO, thank you, and move on. "No" is fine. But you have no right to tell us that we're trying to rip you off.

And on a side note : NO, you're not *entitled* to any of OUR stocks on mats, even if you offer to pay for it. In this case, too, we're allowed to accept or to refuse. Every single guild trader shop is basically full of mats anyway.

And two extra questions while we're at it :
- If you have sooo many friends and guildies that are ready to craft it for you for free, or so much cheaper... why do you ask us and not them in the first place ?
- If you don't trust *us* with giving the mats required for crafting, why do you ask us and not a person you trust in the first place ?

TL/DR : Crafters are normal players with limited playtime, just like you.

Thank you for your attention :)

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on December 12, 2016 12:25AM
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preach, my prices are far from high but people usually refuse to pay even after I make it purple and usually have to supply mats/style materials..... Kids these days have no manners
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When i have crafted for others its been for free and no tips and my mats, even for strangers.

Dont do it every day mind you.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone who is unhappy with any prices other players might charge for items or services has many alternatives including:
    - Go and farm for yourself, level up crafting, start researching and then craft your own gear. Others have put the time and effort in to do these things that you cannot be bothered doing, while you focus on PVP, Trials, Dungeons, etc.
    - Find someone else to make it for you.
    - Do without.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I know what you mean!!

I received a mail the other week asking for armor. It simply said "Lvl 20 gear for a nightblade. All Thieves Guild armor and all pieces purple. Have included tip."

There were no mats with the mail and the 'tip' was 1000g....

I promptly returned the gold, with a note listing out all the mats required with approx prices of each beside it, adding I would only make the armor if they either sent enough mats or gold.

Unsurprisingly, they never replied back.

"I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exactly this. I used to feel guilty for asking for the slightest amount of gold. Now, when someone keeps spamming chat asking for a crafter, I reply with "5k a piece, your mats". They take it or they don't. It's funnier when they try to argue the price as if I'm the one who needs their gold. Nah, you need me. I'm just trying to help you while also making my time somewhat worthwhile.

For friends, I don't mind crafting whatever they need. (Which is like 1 person lol)
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bigger problem is when they don't even know what they want. Spend a half an hour trying to figure out what they want, light, heavy or medium. They don't now the difference between traits and styles.

I usually only craft for people in my guilds because they are specific. Can someone make me 5 pc x set in y Trait and z style lvl 160. When I see in chat "anyone make me lvl 42 armor" I won't even reply.

The only time I make exceptions is when they are new players. Even then it's exhausting. That last free play weekend wore me out.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    I get a kick out of the guys at level 15 wanting purple gear. I don't even craft purple gear for myself at cp 633 unless I'm sure I'm going to keep it.

Or the low level guy wanting 9 trait this or that.

I took the time to learn the crafting, and still working on 9 trait medium and light armour after over a year of game play.

Time is money.

I've only crafted for a few guild members and when I do my prices are pretty low as I will only craft up to blue gear and cp 150 as I have a ton of those mats.

Wish I had a gold piece for every mistake I made crafting lol.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

STOP telling us that our prices are too high and unfair. What you're asking from us is, concretely :
    - To take a pen and a paper and write down everything you want in details (because YOU wouldn't write an email)
    - To wait for you until you actually express what you want, send the mats, etc. (after which you're the one getting impatient... )
    - To travel to one or two (sometimes 3) different places to craft your stuff. That usually involves teleporting, loading screens, walking, and often fighting, too.
    - Check the amount of mats required towards what you sent. It something's missing, that's again typing, writing, sending, waiting. If it's too much, it's again writing down, counting, retrieving from crafting bag, don't forget to send those back, etc.
    - Crafting the stuff

It is UP TO US, crafters, to decide what it is worth TO US. If you disagree on the price, just say NO, thank you, and move on. "No" is fine. But you have no right to tell us that we're trying to rip you off.

And on a side note : NO, you're not *entitled* to any of OUR stocks on mats, even if you offer to pay for it. In this case, too, we're allowed to accept or to refuse. Every single guild trader shop is basically full of mats anyway.

- If you have sooo many friends and guildies that are ready to craft it for you for free, or so much cheaper... why do you ask us and not them in the first place ?
    - If you don't trust *us* with giving the mats required for crafting, why do you ask us and not a person you trust in the first place ?

Well said, hence why I only do crafted sets for inner circle people now.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    My advice to crafters is check what set they want before you say yes. Twice I've said yes only to find they wanted one from Imperial City and it's a right royal pain trying to get to the crafting locations there.

I also never make armour for PvP players as I object to being slaughtered by someone wearing armour I made.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reasonable customer looking to get 5 pieces of Eternal Hunt on the PS4. Name your price in a PM and we can swap details if you have the time, I will be online in about 7 hours from the time of this comment. Promise to provide accurate materials, details, and respond with a sense of urgency! :-)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reasonable customer looking to get 5 pieces of Eternal Hunt on the PS4. Name your price in a PM and we can swap details if you have the time, I will be online in about 7 hours from the time of this comment. Promise to provide accurate materials, details, and respond with a sense of urgency! :-)

LoL glad to see that you got the idea.
    Unfortunately I'm on PC.
    That said, ANY crafter you'll find on your megaserver will be happy if you approach it this way :-)

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing you're paying for is the 3 months it took me to unlock 9 traits on each item. Yeah no, 200g isn't gonna cut it.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually craft for free as long as they provide ALL mats. I don't mind using my style stones if it's a common one and I have a full stack. Of course tips are always appreciated, though. I'm a few days away from having all 9 trait pieces, so I might start charging a little bit for the sets that require the higher number of researched traits.

What I can't stand is when they tell me "any style". I can't decide (I don't even know what I want to wear each morning, never mind picking something for someone else) and I don't know what you like/dislike, how hard is it to just tell me the damn style you want?
    NA PS4
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tell people mats details tip in mail and if im doing something there gonna wait. The one thing I hate most is when they come up to you and are like hey i need you to craft this ill just give you gold for what you need. Im not there to go shopping farm your own s*** and send me mail after.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im probably in the minority here but I would never craft for free for randoms. That’s like walking into a car dealer and saying you’ll buy a car from them but only for the cost of materials.

As someone else said, the ‘customers’ couldn’t be bothered or didn’t want to spend the skill points and time themselves and would rather PVE/PVP while you take time out and craft their stuff for them.

If you don’t need the inspiration to level up, then I struggle see why anyone would do it. The only time would be to help someone out specifically, eg helping a low level with new training gear or a guildie etc

But lets face it…. Most crafters are homeless bums now that one T arrived. Im earning my gold by selling crabs, such is the fall from grace. Every penny I get goes into the local tavern just to give myself something to do.
    Edited by Suter1972 on December 14, 2016 2:00PM
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Crafting the stuff

Oh definitely.

One of the reasons why I declined to be an officer of any guild is that I didn't want to feel the pressure of having a maxed out crafter and logging in that toon everytime someone asks for stuff to craft-- I pity my GMs. So I make it clear to people that I will craft for them for free, provided that I craft what you want when I want to craft it, and that you provide your own mats.
    Edited by me_ming on December 16, 2016 6:45PM
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually craft for free as long as they provide ALL mats. I don't mind using my style stones if it's a common one and I have a full stack. Of course tips are always appreciated, though. I'm a few days away from having all 9 trait pieces, so I might start charging a little bit for the sets that require the higher number of researched traits.

What I can't stand is when they tell me "any style". I can't decide (I don't even know what I want to wear each morning, never mind picking something for someone else) and I don't know what you like/dislike, how hard is it to just tell me the damn style you want?

My favorite [not]? Make it look cool.

I have never wished so hard for something like "Strawberry Shortcake" or "Hello Kitty" motifs in the game more than when I agree to craft for someone and they just say "Make it look cool." I usually ask what they are, Nord, Breton, whatever and use that style. It is so not worth the rarer/special style mats if you can't tell me what you want.