The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sub benefits continuing after sub lapsed

Lunarhound
Lunarhound
✭✭✭
Has anyone ever encountered this before? My girlfriend subs month-to-month by buying a month, then immediately canceling so that it doesn't auto-renew. She just prefers to pay manually. A couple of weeks ago, she mentioned that she'd gotten on to play after being away for a week and expected to not have access to certain areas or her crafting bag because her sub had probably lapsed. When she logged on, however, she could still get to all DLC areas, still had her craft bag, and could still dye costumes. Her Character screen still said "ESO Plus" at the bottom. When she mentioned this to me, we checked her account on the web site and it said her subscription was active but had 0 days remaining. When we got on together again, a few days later, she still had her sub benefits, her character screen still said ESO Plus, and the web page still said Active with 0 days remaining. The next time, two days later, the same thing. Her account seemed to be stuck in "active" status even though it had lapsed and she hadn't paid. She wasn't getting the monthly crowns, but all other benefits seemed to be intact. After that third time, she just went ahead and signed up again. She was charged, got her crowns, and everything went back to normal, but we're curious whether it'll happen again next month. Anyone else ever see this, or have any idea what might be going on?
Edited by Lunarhound on December 14, 2016 2:36PM
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunarhound wrote: »
    Has anyone ever encountered this before? My girlfriend subs month-to-month by buying a month, then immediately canceling so that it doesn't auto-renew. She just prefers to pay manually. A couple of weeks ago, she mentioned that she'd gotten on to play after being away for a week and expected to not have access to certain areas or her crafting bag because her sub had probably lapsed. When she logged on, however, she could still get to all DLC areas, still had her craft bag, and could still dye costumes. Her Character screen still said "ESO Plus" at the bottom. When she mentioned this to me, we checked her account on the web site and it said her subscription was active but had 0 days remaining. When we got on together again, a few days later, she still had her sub benefits, her character screen still said ESO Plus, and the web page still said Active with 0 days remaining. The next time, two days later, the same thing. Her account seemed to be stuck in "active" status even though it had lapsed and she hadn't paid. She wasn't getting the monthly crowns, but all other benefits seemed to be intact. After that third time, she just went ahead and signed up again. She was charged, got her crowns, and everything went back to normal, but we're curious whether it'll happen again next month. Anyone else ever see this, or have any idea what might be going on?

Better report it in game and ask for a reason as to why its happening, it's good to honesty is still alive out there.
    Options
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh... I guess you'd return that 100 dollar bill that you found on the sidewalk to the bank... just tell them to hold on to it until someone comes to claim it.

You have a gift horse there...is there any reason to look it in the mouth?
    Options
  • Lunarhound
    Lunarhound
    ✭✭✭
    Shhh... I guess you'd return that 100 dollar bill that you found on the sidewalk to the bank... just tell them to hold on to it until someone comes to claim it.

You have a gift horse there...is there any reason to look it in the mouth?

Well, yeah. A bug in the system is a bug in the system. The fact that it worked in our favor this time doesn't mean it will next time. I'd think any time someone's account can get stuck on a particular status when it's supposed to change, it needs to be addressed. Not doing so means it could come back to bite either us or someone else later.

At this point, we've already reported it and contacted tech support. I'm just curious whether it's something anyone else has run across. It doesn't seem likely that she's the only one who'd ever have experienced it.
    Options