Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate the New Life Festival"

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mad0ni0n wrote: »
    Icy wrote: »
    You can do all 9 quests whenever you want, but can only complete them once daily.
    What about Imperials!!??? Don't they get a quest????

An Imperial quest wouldn't really make sense as each quest takes place in an appropriate zone for that race, you can't really have a quest in cyrodiil!

Well you can, but there will be .... challenges to questing there. o:)
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on December 15, 2016 2:53PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    The new Stalhrim crafting motif, is it a crown store exclusive item?

Or can it drop like the Skinchanger motif from the rewards of the new life festival quests?

Crown store exclusive, like the Grim Harlequin motif was.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reco wrote: »
    Could all of you sarcastic posters stop being sarcastic here? You are the sole cause why official ZOS people stop participating on threads. You troll and flame and poison, and they understandably go away. Stop.

@Reco

It's not sarcasm it's actually the reality that this as designed is causing issues.

Ppl can't even interact with the NPC
    Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=mZBxuu2dZpT1WDnncfaUC5JBU5LfJ8dtfsCKV3Qilfs%3D

I type this after getting kicked off the server due to very long loading issues to Eastmarch

**Update**
    So i've finally completed a quest after a few drops from the server....where is this "Keg" and how does one access it.
    Honest question @ZOS_GinaBruno as it may just be inaccessible due to the hundreds of ppl around
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 15, 2016 4:34PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • NivekViking
    I am not a developer / writer / programmer, but why in the world would someone think putting nearly the entire population of players in one area was a good idea? Lag is incredible, disconnects are frequent. What a miserable execution.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. I THOUGHT ZOS had learned from the debacle of the placement of the questgiver for the Cake week. So for Halloween they had the questgiver come to you wherever you were and it worked perfectly. So WHY did they go back to a questgiver in a single location? I still can't even get the quest because I can't get the questgiver to show up through all the other players, many of whom are spamming loud and flashy spells just to make it harder. REALLY ZENI WHY DID YOU DO THIS?????????????????
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Unbelievable. I THOUGHT ZOS had learned from the debacle of the placement of the questgiver for the Cake week. So for Halloween they had the questgiver come to you wherever you were and it worked perfectly. So WHY did they go back to a questgiver in a single location? I still can't even get the quest because I can't get the questgiver to show up through all the other players, many of whom are spamming loud and flashy spells just to make it harder. REALLY ZENI WHY DID YOU DO THIS?????????????????

Game design team and the server team have not seen each other in months. The game designers don't know that the servers cannot handle creating that many instances of Eastmarch.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Si finally got it and now on my 2nd quest of Castle Charm Challenge I'm at the Old Goat Inn with about 50 other people and the vast majority of us CANNOT get the performance kit to work. Yeah, this is SUPER fun ZOS.

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Si finally got it and now on my 2nd quest of Castle Charm Challenge I'm at the Old Goat Inn with about 50 other people and the vast majority of us CANNOT get the performance kit to work. Yeah, this is SUPER fun ZOS.

It worked for me when I went into quest items and clicked on it manually. Hope this helps.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are timeouts and crashes because of festival. If the crashes/timeouts happen in Eastmarch, the toons can't get back. Logging to character always times out. Put more resources to Eastmarch.
    Edited by helediron on December 15, 2016 4:56PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they designed these quests did NO ONE stop to think how many players would be mobbing all these areas and the effect this would have on the functionality of the quests themselves?

• SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    When they designed these quests did NO ONE stop to think how many players would be mobbing all these areas and the effect this would have on the functionality of the quests themselves?

i believe they did think about it...but didnt care. Its the kindof problem that will "work it self out". They will simply weather the storm of the early rush crashes and rage. More and more people will crash, more and more people will be more strategic about what time of day they try to do the quests, ie real late night, early morning. Or people will just give up on it for a few days then start doing the quests. So in essence, it fixes it self.
    Edited by SuperLarrio on December 15, 2016 5:16PM
    "Scissors is in a good place right now but Paper is way OP"-Rock
    "Rock is in a good place right now but Scissors is way OP"-Paper
    "Paper is in a good place right now but Rock is way OP"-Scissors
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i believe they did think about it...but didnt care. Its the kindof problem that will "work it self out". They will simply weather the storm of the early rush crashes and rage. More and more people will crash, more and more people will be more strategic about what time of day they try to do the quests, ie real late night, early morning. Or people will just give up on it for a few days then start doing the quests. So in essence, it fixes it self.

That is a HORRIBLE design plan if so.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, we're actively looking into how we can help alleviate some of the high ping that you're running into, though please understand that some crowding at the start of an event is to be expected.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we're actively looking into how we can help alleviate some of the high ping that you're running into, though please understand that some crowding at the start of an event is to be expected.

We would have thought YOU GUYS would have thought of that and worked out ways to minimize the impact. I thought that was the point of having the questgiver for the halloween event come to YOU. Everyone complained about how bad it was trying to get the quest from the NPC "baker" during cake week and I thought changing the way the quest giver worked was in response to that lesson. PLEASE never do an event like this again where you don't design the event to handle the load of players you KNOW are going to be trying to do it and where you have an NPC in ONE location everyone has to keep returning to.

I'm REALLY disappointed in this.
    Edited by MornaBaine on December 15, 2016 5:35PM

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But if every player has to return to the same location to see the quest giver and to renew the buff every two hours, it's not just going to be the start of the event that is crowded.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oddly enough, half an hour into the event the ping went back down even with the same amount of people, at least for me.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We actually expect that ZOS will anticipate this and either change game designs to not make it happen, or change the server so that it can support the game design. I get that you plan for average, and this is way above that, but nothing about this should be acceptable to people inside ZOS. You should be actively working to avoid stuff like this.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even return to eastmarch now, been kicked from the server due to being unable to connect 3 times in a row.

Lets think...megaserver technology, so 10's of thousands of players on a single server. Bright idea no1 - lets send all players to the exact same spot every few minutes as they complete a quest. Stupid, stupid design decision...unless you are testing how to improve Cyro ( >:) )
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

By design it's not going to apply only at the beginning. Everyone and all their Alts have to come back to refresh exp, and turn in or start quests

It's never going to die down and consider it's not even peak time. FYI next week will be worse as schools out
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • DonWalking
    DonWalking
    ✭✭✭
    Wait so if I'm Imperial then do I just don't get anything? I'd still like the XP boost though...
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    for me it's unenjoyable to stress to get the xp boost and drop from any activity to go on the spot activating a boost , i could go and get a blessing somewhere now that i'm on it .. gamebreaking , because it's stupid to level a char and not take this xp buff but it's a lot of headache for me to repeat that every time .It make's my interest for the activity i was dooing go away just because the long loading screen .

We all appreciate ZOS for the xp boost and the fest goodies , but like we'd have to spend a part of the gameplay time dooing only this go activate xp boost and get back to what i was dooing . kinda lame really

just my opinion
  • Euphie
    Euphie
    Soul Shriven
    I'm really enjoying the 'New Lag Festival'! ;p
  • Skulfur
    Skulfur
    ✭✭
    Just a small idea - maybe next time you could place an NPC in every alliance, cause we all know from Cyrodiil how much the servers like it when everyone is in one spot. But after beeing dropped from server three times I was now able to port away from Eastmarch. I guess it's time to wait a bit, I'll get my motif eventually. And that motif looks really nice.
    EU Server
    Zerg Squad [Guild]
    AD - Skulfur - Sorcerer - AR50 22.12.2016
    AD - Pidarfur - Nightblade - AR28
    AD - Triggerfur- Templar - AR23
    DC - Zergfur - Sorcerer - AR11
    EP - Maneufur - Sorcerer - AR32
    EP - Smellfur - Nightblade - AR7
    EP - Tobleronefur - Sorcerer - AR23
    I'm really just too lazy to list the other characters.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DonWalking wrote: »
    Wait so if I'm Imperial then do I just don't get anything? I'd still like the XP boost though...

You can do all of the quests regardless of the character's race.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno You also need to put a LOT more wolves on Betnikh,

• AnEvilPuppy
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can you tell us if the xp boost from this event not stacking with xp pots or scrolls is intended? Had worked with previous xp events so why not this one?
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can you tell us if the xp boost from this event not stacking with xp pots or scrolls is intended? Had worked with previous xp events so why not this one?

Can anyone give firm confirmation of this? Surely we're not getting both the non-stacking and the buff removal on death issues again?
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Vendrath
    Vendrath
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to the issues caused by everyone being in the same area, you have jerks who think it's great to spam high particle effect spells and abilities
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    I love the fact I can't log into the server, great event!
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭

[Some of us [Most of us]] We're paying for this game to be understanding to the poor servers and design of the event?!
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum