Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Viper's Sting Bow?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know which version of Fungal Grotto (I or II) has a chance to drop a Viper Bow, also whether it is Normal or Veteran? Thank you!

Edit: I just read from a source that it only drops in 1H, 2H and shield. Can anyone confirm this?
Edited by Valykc on November 7, 2016 5:24PM

Best Answers

• Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah the bow drops too, just a pain to get in sharpened. And in guild stores (on xbox NA) there are only a couple priced well over 300k.
    Answer ✓
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drops from Fungal I, normal or vet.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Answer ✓
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah the bow drops too, just a pain to get in sharpened. And in guild stores (on xbox NA) there are only a couple priced well over 300k.

Awesome thank you!

Reverb wrote: »
    Drops from Fungal I, normal or vet.

Thank you as well!
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that only some bosses (and sometimes chests) drop the weapons. The end boss is guaranteed to drop a weapon or jewelry, but most other bosses only drop armor pieces.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    Note that only some bosses (and sometimes chests) drop the weapons. The end boss is guaranteed to drop a weapon or jewelry, but most other bosses only drop armor pieces.
    Ah ok thanks bud!

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »

Some bosses have always had drops with special names. They used to be just vendor trash but have now been added to set items. Like I think Gamyne Bandu has always had chance to drop a precise dagger, but it is now part of Viper set. I don't think any Fungal boss drops a special Viper Bow.

I would suggest running Fungal I on normal repeatedly. You can skip some bosses and head straight to final boss and hope for a weapon drop. I think it is 50/50 jewelry or weapon. But I think there are 15 different kinds of weapons (3 Two-Handed, 4 1-Handed, Shield, Bow, 3 Destro, 3 Restro). Since only half the time you get a weapon, that drops to 1 in 30 for a Bow, amd since 3 different sets, 1 in 90 for a Viper Bow, and with 8 traits, 1 in 720 chance of a Sharpened Viper Bow.

If a friend in group is willing to trade, that would cut it in 4 to 1 in 180. Still long odds. You'll probably end up being stuck with a charged Bow or some garbage trait like that.

They really need to fix RNG on weapons and monster shoulders. Both take way, way too long to farm/grind.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    If a friend in group is willing to trade, that would cut it in 4 to 1 in 180. Still long odds. You'll probably end up being stuck with a charged Bow or some garbage trait like that.

Actually the best trait for a Viper bow is infused, since the set does not proc directly from ranged attacks, but enchantment procs are considered as "melee" by the game engine. Not sure if intended or an oversight, but I've been killed by ranged Viper procs, did some research and saw that players reported the enchantment proc just before the viper in the death log.

Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Actually the best trait for a Viper bow is infused, since the set does not proc directly from ranged attacks, but enchantment procs are considered as "melee" by the game engine. Not sure if intended or an oversight, but I've been killed by ranged Viper procs, did some research and saw that players reported the enchantment proc just before the viper in the death log.
    This wouldn't make infused the best though, just not as useless as charged/training/etc...Sharpened will still be bis for a viper bow, especially if the op is wanting it for ganking. Also just in case anyone is curious, viper procs off of ambush (bow gankers pay huge money for sharpened viper bows).
  • Skinless_Jerk
    Skinless_Jerk
    ✭✭✭

This wouldn't make infused the best though, just not as useless as charged/training/etc...Sharpened will still be bis for a viper bow, especially if the op is wanting it for ganking. Also just in case anyone is curious, viper procs off of ambush (bow gankers pay huge money for sharpened viper bows).

genuine question.. wouldnt precise be better for ganking with the extra crit damage? i get sharpened is good but ganking is killing people unaware (unbuffed haha) so when their bffs are down would sharpened be more beneficial that more extra initial crit damage?
    CP561 Breton Templar
    CP561 Woodelf NB
    CP561 Orc Sorcerer
    CP561 Dark Elf Dragon Knight
    CP561 Redguard Dragon knight
    CP561 High Elf NB

MBE for my contribution to the world of sarcasm
    Velcro is a rip-off
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭

genuine question.. wouldnt precise be better for ganking with the extra crit damage? i get sharpened is good but ganking is killing people unaware (unbuffed haha) so when their bffs are down would sharpened be more beneficial that more extra initial crit damage?

@Skinless_Jerk

Precise increases critical chance, not critical damage. Typically gankers will use Shadowy Disguise before their opener to get the guaranteed crit.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Skinless_Jerk
    Skinless_Jerk
    ✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »

@Skinless_Jerk

Precise increases critical chance, not critical damage. Typically gankers will use Shadowy Disguise before their opener to get the guaranteed crit.

ohhhh my mistake, i thought it was crit dmg, thanks for clearing that up.... sharpened it is thn hahahahah
    CP561 Breton Templar
    CP561 Woodelf NB
    CP561 Orc Sorcerer
    CP561 Dark Elf Dragon Knight
    CP561 Redguard Dragon knight
    CP561 High Elf NB

MBE for my contribution to the world of sarcasm
    Velcro is a rip-off
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »

@Skinless_Jerk

ohhhh my mistake, i thought it was crit dmg, thanks for clearing that up.... sharpened it is thn hahahahah

@Skinless_Jerk

No problem! It's a sad state of affairs that weapon traits are pretty much sharpened or bust at the moment.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    I smell a sdk gank build
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.