The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

NPC Dialog Base on Your Character?

HotToddy
HotToddy
✭✭
Recently I was playing through some Dark Brotherhood quest lines and came across a delve named Hrota Cave located on the Gold Coast. POSSIBLE SPOILERS (just a heads up).

My main character that I've been playing since launch is a vampire - lots of fun and keep coming back for more adventures and I generally play him as more of the hero than the villain. Yesterday, I ran across an NPC who asked for some help killing an 'evil' vampire lord. So I went through the adventure, bested the villain and met up with the NPC who was, more or less, a vampire hunter.

I'm one to go through all the dialog in a quest - really enjoy the story lines. What I found interesting about this one was I kept prodding him about his 'distaste' for vamps. He finally stated (I'm paraphrasing), "did you not think I noticed your affliction?" and then went on to say as that he's heard of my exploits and I've been known to do more good than evil.

I honestly don't remember a storyline where my 'affliction' was noticed by any NPC, let alone my 'good v evil' alignment - even when it should have been. This may or may not be something new in the realm of ESO (although it's the first and only time I remember something like this happening), but it really drew me into that small quest and who my character is even more. Granted, the Gold Coast is a fairly new area to explore so maybe this was a new type of storyline that could employ a more 'personal' mechanic to immerse me more.

I'm just curious if anyone out there has experienced the same sort of gameplay mechanic in the dialog based on who your character is - a vamp, werewolf, a particular member of a guild (mage, thief, Dark Brotherhood, etc), or even a particular race? I found it really immersive and left me wanting more. Has anyone else had this experience? I'd love to hear your stories!
  • CheverTheShrimp
    I'm a dark elf in my main play though, and there was this one part in the thieves guild quest where you need to find and rescue someone's son being captured by dark elves to become a slave. When talking to him to free him, he pointed out that I'm also a dark elf and it must be a silly trick
    ~ Vvaelud | Dark Elf | Scorcerer | EP | Vampire | Lv 50 ~
    ~ Z'ahzun-Fa the Tiny | Khajiit | Dragonknight | DC | Werewolf | Lv 22~
    ~ Fryyn the Red | Wood Elf | Nightblade | AD | Werewolf | Lv 13~
    ~ Sir Chever the Mad | Dark Elf | Nightblade | EP | Vampire | Lv 17 ~
    ~ Ilvana Tesaani | Dark Elf | Templar | EP| Werewolf| Lv 12 ~
    CP - 144

Priests of Hircine
    PC EU Free werewolf bite guild
    Get your free bite today
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread

Aussie Player
  • HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    I'm a dark elf in my main play though, and there was this one part in the thieves guild quest where you need to find and rescue someone's son being captured by dark elves to become a slave. When talking to him to free him, he pointed out that I'm also a dark elf and it must be a silly trick

That's pretty cool! I know it's just a little detail, but it makes a big difference, especially when you've been playing a particular character that carries unique attributes. It's just a nice wink back to all of us who bother reading all the quest dialog.
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    Me gusta con sus muy frijoles grandes.
  • HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    threefarms wrote: »
    Me gusta con sus muy frijoles grandes.

walkingkidney.gif?w=650