The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eso on Playstation 4 PRO

RouDeR
RouDeR
✭✭✭✭✭
My new PS4 pro will come tomorrow , and I have some questions .

I have 720p , 1080p Tvs and considering to buy 4k TV , so my question is : DO I get more graphical Detail quality on my 1080p than the higher resolution 2160p ?
Will the framerate of the game in massive pvp battles be more stable for example on my 720p TV than a 4k TV ?
In the end i`m wondering do we sacrifice performance for visual quality with the bigger resolution displays ?
  • Madrajin
    Madrajin
    I have my PS4 Pro. Running ESO on a 1080p Sony Bravia TV. I can't see any difference.
  • webmastereb17_ESO5
    The Patch should be online since 1.18
    Edited by webmastereb17_ESO5 on November 10, 2016 7:34PM
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything - from my experience - your frame rate is going to eat butt x10 more than previously... especially in big cities with dueling... *** it ZOS, dueling was a nice idea, but when everybody stands at wayshires doing it - people don't even load in - just 1000s of black sillouettes and gameplay at 10 FPS. I don't know why this happens - but on regular PS4 they would atleast load after a second or two - now for some reason on the PRO it seems to take ALOT longer.

I wish they never added player dueling - PVP lag doesn't affect me much - since I'm not a big PVP guy - but it's annoying that now this framerate breaking spam can be found virtually everywhere in the game.

As for the 1080 thing - it looks basically identical to regular PS4, my eye notices nothing different, and I have a 4k TV. (I'm going to redact this statement - I just spent about an hour fighting with it, but I found out my PRO was automatically displaying in 1080 because I didn't have "Full Colour" set to automatic - tried to put it on 2160p and black screen... fixed the Full Colour setting and boom 2160p and yes - it looks pretty damn gorgeous.)

To put the cherry on top - the game 'CTD's on PS4 PRO once every 2-3 hours reliably.... since One Tamriel my regular PS4 hasn't crashed the game one single time. Not even a week with the PRO and we're looking at almost 10 crashes - really hope ZOS looks into this - the game's stability should be better on the PRO, not worst.
    Edited by lagrue on November 23, 2016 9:59PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • RSebire
    RSebire
    Soul Shriven
    Madrajin wrote: »
    I have my PS4 Pro. Running ESO on a 1080p Sony Bravia TV. I can't see any difference.
    Its about 170W difference.
    Even more with the super slim
    Oh and the super slim has a way better frame rate too strangely enough.

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 week with the PRO and i can say that the game on my 4k 65ks7500 looks AWESOME , the frames are stable , npcs and players are loading faster than the regular ps4 , the crashes has been aweys there tho ...the lag in big cities is just a distant memory , the upgrade to PRO with a decent 4k tv is worth the value for me :)
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 Pro is great in PVE and the improvement to performance/graphics are noticeable. However, if you play a lot of PVP in Cyrodiil, please wait a month or so as the Pro is very unstable. You will bluescreen every 15mins - 30mins. The instability is almost exactly the same as it was when the game first launched on PS4 - so I am sure ZoS/Sony will fix, but it will take time.

• akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need 4K HDR tv not just any 4K tv for the best graphics.
    It does looks better, performs fine, except Cyrodiil and the odd error that will crash the game.
    Enjoy other great 4K games in the mean time until ESO or PS4 fix the problems.
    Pc na
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally have less lag in combat on PS4 Pro and i do notice the difference in graphics.
    However since i'm on ps4 pro i crash everytime i go to crafting station in mournhold probably due to high population?

Not a huge deal but it surprised me.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I crash in high populated areas too, very annoying.
    Pc na
  • PC0523
    PC0523
    ✭✭✭
    Like everyone has been saying, eso looks awesome on the PS4 Pro with a 4K TV. But Cyrodiil seems to crash a lot for me and requires me to log into another character before being able to load into the character that crashed in Cyrodiil.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC0523 wrote: »
    Like everyone has been saying, eso looks awesome on the PS4 Pro with a 4K TV. But Cyrodiil seems to crash a lot for me and requires me to log into another character before being able to load into the character that crashed in Cyrodiil.
    it happened the same thing to me few hours ago . Im sure that the devs will make the cyro more stable area in future updates ,patiens and feedback is all we need : ) cuz now we have got the power to handle the game properly it just needs optimisation .

Edited by RouDeR on November 22, 2016 7:27PM
  • PC0523
    PC0523
    ✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    it happened the same thing to me few hours ago . Im sure that the devs will make the cyro more stable area in future updates ,patiens and feedback is all we need : ) cuz now we have got the power to handle the game properly it just needs optimisation .

I sure hope you're right. I crashed back to back last night and made Cyrodiil unplayable. :-(

This was in Scourge on PS4/NA during prime time.

I still have my original PS4 and am seriously considering just using the Pro for PVE and then switching inputs and use the original PS4 for PVP. But I'm hoping it doesn't come to that lol.
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    I blue screen like a mofo is the easiest way to put it in Cyrodiil on my PS4 Pro running 4k. Last night game crashed over 10 times within less then 15 mins. This was at Chalm PS4 NA.

With the PS4 Pro I get far less frame rate related issues but I don't know whats up with the crashing. Sure it happens on the normal PS4 but it's 10x worse on the Pro.

I did a test at like 1AM EST running 2 PS4's. My PS4 Pro and my sons normal PS4.

My son was following me around in Cyrodiil. In a 30 min time frame I got 11 blue screen, my son got 1.

Out of the 11 blue screen I suffered, all 11 kicked me out of Cyrodiil after immediately logging back in. The 1 single blue screen my son had after he immediately logged back in he was in Cyrodiil at the location he was before he crashed.

This has to be fixed ASAP, and ASAP means just that, don't make us wait till the next stupid DLC for a fix.

Edited by PikkonMG on November 23, 2016 6:30PM
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno where the f zenimax answer? Game is broken on PS4 Pro from launch date and you didn't even release patch to disable your 'enchancements'
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, I now avoid going into Cyrodiil cos of the crashes, and playing skyrim if pve crashes too on pro.
    Pc na
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fix is 1080p on PS4 PRO...

Done the tests... not happy with that being the solution...
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1080p doesn't fix crashing for me - It actually crashes more frequently.
    PS4NA
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fixed for me 1080p no crashes in 3 days now...

I still want to put my 4k back on.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the last patch maintenance (and the release of the crates) I haven't experienced any more horseplay. The textures are finally loading good, I haven't crashed in a few sessions now. I refuse to roll back 4k, that'll never be a solution, just a band-aid. It could just be me but I feel my stability and gameplay has vastly improved since that patch and 2 days of maintenance.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    1080p doesn't fix crashing for me - It actually crashes more frequently.
    Did you set console output to 1080p or changed in-game settings?
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In-game settings. I play too many other games on the PS4Pro and stream videos to worry about playing with output settings every time I want to play ESO. It's all good - I stacked my PS4 on top of the Pro (looks quite good) and run ESO on my old PS4.

I'm somewhat disappointed since ESO supporting the Pro was a major factor in my decision to upgrade my TV and console, but... first world problems, right? lol

If, in a future update, the patch notes specifically mention fixes for performance and crash issues on the Pro, I'll be happy to try again.
    PS4NA
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    In-game settings. I play too many other games on the PS4Pro and stream videos to worry about playing with output settings every time I want to play ESO. It's all good - I stacked my PS4 on top of the Pro (looks quite good) and run ESO on my old PS4.

I'm somewhat disappointed since ESO supporting the Pro was a major factor in my decision to upgrade my TV and console, but... first world problems, right? lol

If, in a future update, the patch notes specifically mention fixes for performance and crash issues on the Pro, I'll be happy to try again.
    Strange but it much more simple for me to switch console settings which actually helps(in game settings does not make any difference if 4k enabled), also game performance on PS4 Pro in 1080p mode is just much better plus we still have better shadows
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAUnMvi6PaA
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange but it much more simple for me to switch console settings which actually helps(in game settings does not make any difference if 4k enabled), also game performance on PS4 Pro in 1080p mode is just much better plus we still have better shadows
    I followed your suggestion last night and what I found was that when I set the PS4Pro to output 1080p, I lost HDR. Maybe that's an issue with my TV, but the PS4Pro reported HDMI 1.4 output with no HDR capabilities. When I switched back to Automatic on the resolution, I got HDR back.

Point being, I purchased an HDR TV and an HDR-capable PS4 to experience HDR gaming, something @ZOS said was supported with ESO (The game looks simply amazing in HDR, in my opinion).

So I went back to native 4K, and managed to go about 60 minutes between crashes in Cyrodiil - Much better than the 10-15 minutes it would run before 1.19 but still pretty pathetic - I don't dare drop a cold fire down for fear of losing it)

Like others, I'll just continue to mash the "Report Problem" to Sony every time it happens, attaching screenshots and video. Hopefully that's helpful to Sony and the ESO team in finding a fix.
    Edited by dotme on December 14, 2016 2:17PM
    PS4NA
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be related to PS4 as well as TV, i don't have HDR supported tv so i can't say what exactly wrong.

PS: it seems like water reflections are gone into oblivion, 1.20 didn't fix them, and actually did nothing to reduced grass render distance, two more patches and 1080p enhanced will look more horrible than original PS4 release -_-