Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things that can invigorate PvP that do not mess up PvE

Joy_Division
Joy_Division
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just some observations I’ll offer as someone who has played on all three factions, doing pretty much everything from going at it alone to zerging with the best of them. At its core, I believe the PvP potential in this game isn’t as far off as people often make it out to be and with a little TLC from the developers would make it something that most of us who are here – and many who have left – would legitimately enjoy logging into.

I won’t touch on balance issues, mostly because I assume the ZoS team has already pretty much finalized what we are going to get on the PTS (next month?), so I’ll probably just wait until then to offer my thoughts. Besides, the point of this post is how to make Cyrodiil a fun place to be without messing up PvE or making a radical change to ZoS’s systems (though I will make one exception at the end of my post for a long-term suggestion for the overall health of the game).

Firstly, I would recommend watching videos by @Alcast , @FENGRUSH, and @Etaniel (I do not want my post being taken down due to profinity in these videos so I won't link them, but they are easy to find on these peoples youtube homepages) who views are largely in accordance to my own. I think it’s *very* telling when so many people who play every night nod their head in agreement about fundamental issues. Alcast and FENGRUSH’s are lengthy, I don’t care, listen to them anyway. The TL;DR syndrome has gotten us into the mess we are in. TL;DR quite frankly needs to take a back seat to thoughtful analysis. I especially urge everyone at ZoS, in particular @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_MattFiror and @ZOS_RichLambert to watch Etaniel’s 7-minute video. If they are not moved after watching the beautiful Cyrodiil map languish and go to waste, then that is 1000% proof PvP will remain stagnant and stale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNH6kVKeAfE

Anyway, my suggestions and why:

Add tangible incentives to actually use the entire map of Cyrodiil.

I will tell you right now, nothing you do to the scoring system will motivate me to get on my horse and claim Bloodmayne Farm for the Ebonheart Pact. Nothing. It’s boring. I get naught out of it. I have better things to do with my time just to get zerged down just for another purple Ring of Fury and 5 wall repair kits in 23 days. To get me to go somewhere other than Alessia bridge, ZoS is going to have to do more than putting down a random flag some place just so I can waste 1 million AP on a training Marksman’s Restoration staff and armor that’s not impenetrable.

Something like this might:
  • Supply wagons traveling in-between each enemy keep. Let me loot columbine, mats, fun stuff.
  • The Alyied Wells are a nice idea, however 10 minutes is not worth the bother for such a small bonus to a stat I don’t really care about.
  • Strategic resources in random places on the map. If I liberate them, I get some raw mats. These count on scoreboard and have minor Alliance wide combat effects.
  • Put control flags throughout Cyrodiil. These also have minor Alliance wide combat effects (maybe in proportion to how much home territory flags an Alliance controls). I get a small utility buff for flipping it.
  • NPCs encampments / supply dumps. Put a boss NPC here (that’s actually mildly threatening). Make this give the God of War AP buff bonus (the same one for defeating delve NPC bosses).
  • In random spawning spots over Cyrodiil are ancient relics of the Dwemer/Alyieds/Akaviri that function as either consumables and deployables and, get this, collectibles, skins, stuff to hang in my house that I can sell to PVE players. One of these is a “dwemer ground oil”. I absolutely will go out of my way to get these.
  • Have things (resources, NPCs, daedric stuff, the usual fantasy plot items, etc) away from the Emperor ring that are harvestable at marked and known locations that players can go get and bring back to the Alliance base. I get a small pocket share of this stuff and AP for doing this. Have flags at these. The more an Alliance controls, the sturdier their castle walls are, the stronger their NPC are, and more effective their siege is.

In short, ZoS needs to use the wonderful and detailed map they already made!. Augment it in such a way that I have a (selfish) reason to go somewhere other than following the fights within the Emperor Keep ring. Take a lesson from the First Person Shooter games who figured out 20 years ago how to motivate players to visit every part of the map.

Also, please stop restricting stuff like skins, achievements, and house loot to PVE. People who like PvP also like this stuff and would love the opportunity to get some of this from PvPing. Also it’s a good way to motivate new players to give PvP a chance.

We have said this since April 2014 and nothing has changed. Talk to the people who actually made the beautiful map of Cyrodiil and how only 10% of it gets used and see how they feel about that if you are not willing to listen to us.

Stop pretending the scoring mechanics and parameters of campaign rules are going to spread us out to other campaigns.

IC gated campaigns, keep resources worth a lot of points, elimination of buff campaigns, etc., all these measures were adopted and yet many of us flock to that one pop locked campaign. Is it really a mystery as to why? I want to jump in and quickly find fights and there is AP to be had by dumping oils on the AD potatoing to the Alessia Bridge. Go ahead and ask EP not to nightcap Haderus again. I’m sure the 576th time you ask nicely will be the charm. Even when people and guilds move around to try and avoid the pop-locked “lag” server, the pop-locked “lag” server eventually moves with them. Can we please acknowledge that for better or worse, a large portion of the PvP community chooses to play the pop-locked “lag” server for various reasons?

So instead of wasting time with highly dubious decisions like making the Aleswell Farm resource worth more points than the Elder Scroll of Mnem in an Elder Scrolls game [!], please refer to the point immediately preceding this one to make the map more engaging such that the pop-locked server isn’t always so laggy.

Personal Opinion: Most of you probably disagree with me, but the population cap is too small. Yes, I said it. Large map + small population = we need to concentrate in order to have meaningful fights. Also my guild feels compelled to respond to Arrius under attack because there isn’t anything else being attacked and there isn’t a strong friendly presence aside from us. Shrinking the population caps has been paradoxically counter-productive. Go ahead and disagree. You tell me to spread out and all I find is empty map space. So, nope, going to head to the only swords on the map.

Campaign Rewards:

ZoS isn’t even trying here. Really, still Rings of Fury that everyone already got 9 months ago? I make more gold just from undaunted plunderer in one night running trials than an entire 30 day campaign cycle AND there is still gear to be had in Trials that I want (as do my 11 trial mates that I can trade). Oh, I can get cool skins, achievements, titles. When we say, “ZoS doesn’t care about PvP,” this is why. There is no excuse for such a disparity of neglect.

“It’s broken and we know it, but we’ll fix it in 6 months without even testing it.”

I do not know how ZoS convinced itself this was an efficient business model, but it is beyond stupid and totally counterproductive. It just leads to untested overreactions that shift the pendulum too far. Can you say destro ultimate? Go listen to Wrobel’s interview on ESO live after the Orsinium patch and how he conceded that a “stam” patch was needed and coming. Boy did it come. And then some. Blacksmiths all over Tamriel were overburdened with orders for 2H swords from the roly-poly Dawnbreaker+Viper+Velidreth horde that invaded Cyrodiil. He and his team had spent the past 6 months addressing the magicka-stamina imbalance – meanwhile now all trials DPS are back to magicka! I don’t blame Eric for having to chase his proverbial tail, this is clearly a decision made by his bosses who have deluded themselves that balance patches every year [!] is somehow conducive to each class feeling competitive and fun. It’s not. @ZOS_RichLambert if I were a cynical person, which I am not, how would you convince me after seeing your flawless vMA run on youtube with your sorcerer (congrats), that you have no issues with the one balance patch a year model because you are not trying to solo open world PvP on your magicka DK?

End the RNG gear nightmare

Please consider Armor & Weapon Trait adjustment (again). You tried and before and missed. I know we are a diverse community with lots of ideas, but sharpened and divines/impen rule the rest. A great deal of the RNG frustrations in ZoS’s current system that has an entire run hinging on getting one specific weapon with a specific trait. This goes beyond training and prosperous. The others are mostly too niche, too inefficient, or too situational to make me genuinely excited to try something new. If you are going to rely on random boxes and RNG, the traits have to be at least decent otherwise we will want to throw our computer out the window. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to blow 1,000,000 AP to come away with reinforced light boots and a charged restoration staff that are flat out uncompetitive in a PvP environment?

I personally would limit the number of straight percent increases. With everything quantifiable, it becomes too easy to figure out the obvious “best-in-slot.”

I Just made General, what did I get?

Nothing but a title. I get more out of your game finishing your DLC that takes little more than a week than a rank that has taken people more than a year of consistent playing. It looks like you are hesitant to add any PvP skills (a mistake IMHO, but I digress), but you ought to give us something to reward progressing our Alliance War heroes … or are we operating under the false assumption that PvPers don’t care about stuff like that? Why does a Grand Warlord have to buy an alliance themed horse from the Crown Store? Don’t you think that player has done enough for the game and invested enough time to it to reward her something cool and thematically appropriate? Other stuff you could do that is not strictly increasing our power might be a Squire assistant to help carry siege, camps, repair kits, etc., a nice big shiny to place in our home, a scepter collectible (please allow us to use these in Cyrodiil), or perhaps access to a special “King’s Reward Chest” to pick stuff for personal use or that can be sold to other players.

Long term project. Please get started: Fundamentally CHANGE to the CP system.

I don’t mind end game progression. But there is way too much power in that CP system, so much power that you actually took it out of the base game at launch under the assumption we’d get it back (which IMHO has had very adverse balance issues, but that is another topic). And I hate the fact that there are two different game systems in play with CP and non CP. You have a hard time even balancing one of them, are you serious that you can do both even though they are under entirely different rule sets? No way.

The mistake IMHO is it’s just a pure percentage unimaginative power gain. And a large one at that. 25% bonus to stuff…wow, how many newer players have just said “forget this” seeing that grind. Instead of +X% damage and -Y% resource cost, I think the CP system should be a way to customize our characters by picking stuff that either augments our abilities or allows us to do interesting things beyond the scope of our skill-lines. This would make such that you aren’t strictly more powerful the more CPs you get (yeah balance!), rather your character is more versatile and unique (yeah build variety!). Stuff like:
  • Ranges abilities can shoot/cast further
  • Faster speed & less stamina consumption
  • Your Breath of Life hits an additional target
  • You generate ultimate faster
  • Your Molten Whip now is a stamina based ability
  • You are an Ice master, your fire/shock effects are weaker but Ice is stronger and does X.
  • The medium armor Athletics passive applies to you in Light Armor
  • Your potions last a little longer.
  • Your synergies are 10% more effective

So a little power, yes, but this is subtle stuff that allows us to personalize our characters more. Personally speaking I would be much more interested in becoming an Ice Master than just taking out my calculator to see whether or not this generic +damage star is mathematically better than this other generic +damage star.

Just by doing the above, I would be *much* more interested in PvPing every night. I understand the CP thing is a pipe dream, but I could tolerate the balance issues better than I currently do if there was something to do on the map besides go to the Alessia Bridge, your RNG reward system did not give me high blood pressure, and If there was something busted like proc sets, I knew ZoS would implement gradual measures to find a happy medium rather than the crazy pendulum shifts we get every 6 months or so.

I know ZoS looks at its metrics and see that what, just the same 400 people play on NA every night, which is why we haven’t even had someone come onto these PvP forums to say: “Hey, here is what we have in mind for the future.” It’s a shame.

I will remind everyone that at launch, when reviewers were criticizing ESO, it was PvP that was singled out for praise. There was a time when more than 400 of us played nightly. Just from a single post here from April 2014: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/88049/do-you-think-there-should-be-an-aoe-cap/p1 thousands of people actually spent the time to vote about a PvP topic!

I will admit that One Tamreiel has made the PvE side of this game a lot more interesting and enjoyable. Why, oh why, can’t ZoS put forth a commensurate effort for PvP? The map is already made, now implement mechanical reasons to motivate us to use it!
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory 2 cents - I think a combination of these, plus yours, could redirect the motivation of the everyday PvPer. Making Cyro a healthier place.
    • Better rewards from Cyro Quests including a lot more gold and AP.
    • Replace the Home Keep bonus with the Blessing of War bonus.
    • Get rid of "D ticks" and replace with defensive/offensive bonus AP on kills. (Like Domination objective kills in FPS games)
    • Make scrolls worth more..
    • Introduce PvP equivalent master/vma weapons and be able to earn them if on winning team, smaller percentage if on second place team, no chance for losers.

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    no ap rewarded from kills. that helps quite lot.
    second problem. most good guys spend their time farming weaker players, not fighting good players.
    no bonuses for farmers, thats just so tiring. more bonuses for people who actually try to keep map active. not stale like bleakers 24/7 or alessia bridge 24/7.
    the random object middle of map just gets pro raid go there, and farm the n00bs, again, instead of at bleakers or at some random resource tower they would do it at this specific object, but this problem sorted when no ap rewarded from kills.

problem with this post> it comes from pro and refers to pro:s, no any kind of support towards n00bs/casuals.

ps> seriously good thing> ranking system and forced campaign playing where game recognizes player to be good/strong/pro to be playing in campaign where similar ranked ppl are, and campaign for those who arent really that good, but i guess humanity is doomed since most of us mmo players are quite arseholes and we would somehow try cheat and make it look like we are n00bs when we slaughter armies in few man up to 12 man groups.
    Edited by kuro-dono on December 14, 2016 9:53PM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome post. Your ideas on the CP system are great, it's what I wanted from the start. A system that allows you to make choices to diversify your character, not something that requires you to take out your calculator for the best possible outcome.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, a joy post without some "buff templar" content! That is unless I missed it.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to cherry pick from a very well-written article, but Etaniel's right, the CP changes you suggested (albeit not the specific ones, but the general ideas) are something that needs to happen very soon. Anything that modifies damage output without sacrificing sustain is incredibly broken and forces newer players into a horrendous grind that keeps getting worse with each patch. At its core, the CP system could potentially work and help develop each character's... well, character, but as it stands right now, there are several unused passives that are never considered under any circumstances, and others that are essential, regardless of your build.
    Unfortunately, the CP system is a mirror image of the other balance issues that ruin this game, including itemization. So even though these changes are a great idea, they are a hard contradiction to the current dev team's track record. It's simply something they are not creatively capable of engineering.

Regarding rewarding players for extended time investments and achievements, this is lacking on all fronts. Researching up to full 9 traits on every piece of gear doesn't even have a title, in fact I can't even remember if there's an achievement either. Master Angler needs a fishing hat or something aside from another pink dye. GO or even General deserves some kind of custom mount &/or costume that they don't have to buy because they've already put so much time in this game.
    If ZOS rewards their veteran players for sticking around this long, my respect for them would go through the roof.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CP system is one of the only things the game has going for it now that doesn't punish old players.

*EVERYTHING* else is catered to new players.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great post. Let's hope you get some dev eyes on this.

I agree most everything except gated IC - that content really needs its own server(s), queue, and population control.

It's never too late to make this game the home run that it was always meant to be, especially with regards to PvP.
    Edited by Solariken on December 14, 2016 11:19PM
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You had me at ground oil!

Wonderful post!
  • MightyBantam34
    MightyBantam34
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic post.. but my guess pvp will stay the same as battlegrounds are meant to be getting worked on . i actually like the map of Cyrodiil and the 3 faction war so ain't bothered about battlegrounds.
    While your suggestions are mostly excellent and would surely keep me playing the map I expect Cyrodiil will stay the same till this game dies off . #shame on you zenimax
    +1 on making IC its own instanced campaign
    Edited by MightyBantam34 on December 15, 2016 5:01AM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You make some very good points, I'd absolutely love to see at least some of these get implemented, and it would almost certainly draw a good few more players to cyrodiil.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I've seen you on PS4 NA.... maybe not. Idk.

Either way I agree with you. We just need ZOS to care. Only then will work get done.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You nailed it here Joy excellent post!

Let's hope the devs look at it
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on December 15, 2016 11:00AM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always felt that ZOS has an aversion to giving out any kind of rewards. It's like they come with a tacked on awkwardness, usually being worthless.

I find it amusing that people actually sat down and discussed giving a handful of wall repairs after a 30 day campaign. Bizarre stuff.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great post - havent got time to comment yet. Its one of the issues Ive thought about talking about on stream. For the reason that I want it to get more traction and ideas spinning that ZOS will have to consume really and do something with. Its a hard one to solve again, how to change Cyro in a way they can afford that will actually work and make a difference. But its the players out there that know what will work and what wont from incentive PoV. Its up to players to vet a solution. And I think some simple moves could make a huge impact.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The right hand don't know what left hand doing. Sadly, thats how it is going now. Zos suggest to spread out on campaign to reduce lags but in the same way promoting zerging and punishing small-scaling.
    It is sad how ZOS treatening PvP nowdays - instead of provide some info about future of pvp(and U13 in particular) they prefer to call possible information just as "useless speculation".
    Edited by Cinbri on December 15, 2016 3:15PM
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, hire that man.

PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    I've always felt that ZOS has an aversion to giving out any kind of rewards. It's like they come with a tacked on awkwardness, usually being worthless.

I find it amusing that people actually sat down and discussed giving a handful of wall repairs after a 30 day campaign. Bizarre stuff.

Do they still refuse to stack with repair kits from keep vendor?!
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    reiverx wrote: »

Do they still refuse to stack with repair kits from keep vendor?!

I haven't checked that one in a while. It really bothers me that I can't stack siege equipment though. What's the big deal with that?
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Great post - havent got time to comment yet. .... And I think some simple moves could make a huge impact.

This is key.

Cyrodiil only needs simple changes.
    If they were implemented in such a manner that players could test and provide feedback quickly, small changes could be iterated to have lasting and miningful effects.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, nice post Joy.
    I don't exactly know how anyone will get rid of the "AP funnel" locations on the map. No one wants to go out alone to any resource because they are met with 12478145874 ppl of the opposing team. Even if it were only 2 or 3, these days it's hard to defeat that or even get away. On any class. This stems from insta-kill proc'ing sets. My point here isn't the sets, but the fact that people feel safer in numbers. They might not be all grouped up, but your odds of survival go up when the mob faces a more organized team.

Your suggestions as good as they are will work for a short while. Until everyone has gotten their fill of these objects and loot etc I have a slightly more involved idea. Where are the daedric forces? Where are the dragons, giants, behemoth monsters? Surely they thrive on the chaos of battle, and where does that take place? Yep, Cyrodiil. I propose a "4th faction" involvement. A.I. driven invasions to keeps that haven't seen action in awhile. Defeating a "boss mob" with millions of HP could grant a huge variety of rewards. If your faction ignores these beasts, they will destroy all of your keep walls, paving the way for the other factions to just waltz in and take your flags. (see what I'm getting at here? ) Every faction would have to choose where they need to concentrate their efforts.

Of course the timing would be random, and you could see the invading force moving on the map. Sadly, this is only a pipe dream as well. Because the lag would have to be solved first. Something I fear we all know isn't happening anytime soon.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post. Totally agree about how pve rewards are insanely better than pvp. Your cp idea scares me though. It seems like something that would be super unbalanced and there will always be a setup that becomes meta. I'd rather them just make it so everyone gets 561 cp when they enter Cyrodiil or do some other rebalance. They should do that with trials too as pve is so gear and cp based already. So much barrier of entry to pve. A friend of mine pulling competitive numbers lost so much of his dps when sharpened got buffed that he couldn't even hit some dps number his group required because his weapon traits weren't bis.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty good post.
    Ishammael wrote: »
    You had me at ground oil!

Wonderful post!

RIP ground oils.

The CP stuff you mention has always been what my friends and I wanted and thought we were getting before we saw the actual CP trees. All I ever wanted from this game was relatively balanced play which I felt we were close to at one point, and for ZOS to add non-power creep ways of making your character unique. Add flavor to the game you know. I was expecting something like a whole bunch of passive talents (the 10, 30, 75, 120 point bonuses) that you had to choose from instead of just slamming points into damage and healing increases. Very disappointing. I want to spend a CP and have my character/play style changed, morphed, into something relatively unique that I liked, not just have my CP reinforce my predetermined role in the game.

As for making use of the Cyrodiil map I feel that a bit of randomness is needed. Random money/mat carts would be cool. I have fun memories of the scheduled ones in BDO. There's more that can be done though. I feel money and mats won't bring in players every time though. It's hard to keep people interested in these things imo because they have nothing personal to lose. So what if I die to someone, I even welcome it sometimes just to port somewhere else. There's not even some form of reputation/rank on the line.

Which is why aside from Battlegrounds I want more interaction with guilds and Cyro. I want a k/d ratio against specific guilds, tax my guild gold or AP for it I don't care. I want to feel like when I lose I really lost something, and when I win I really won something. Campaign rewards as crappy as they are currently can't really be buffed enough to make me tryhard for 7-30 days between each campaign. There needs to be more within the campaign that is rewarding beyond adding flags in random places or gear that I will have all I need of in weeks.

Just some random thoughts. I don't really have time to list all of the things that could be added to this game to make it more enjoyable.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the general fear of removing horribad traits on items in a low pop game like eso is that people will stop running dungeons when they get what they want.

one thing i loved about SWG was the mechanic of your gear breaking and needing to replaced. kept a fluid market for crafters. so putting that into eso would mean drastically increasing drops, but would keep people replaying content...and add a little twist to cyrodiil. "Ive got about a few more hours worth of my vma staff before it breaks, should I use it tonight or this weekend when the campaign is near ending?"
    Edited by Malamar1229 on December 15, 2016 11:22PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let anchors spawn on keeps....daedric invasions on keeps that are owned by the faction in the lead. I want massive battles between all factions and daedra like in the trailers. A game called aion did this back in the day. The non playable race would fly a ship to certain keeps and attack them. They could even capture them. Sometimes the enemy would be so powerful the two player factions had to join together to defeat the NPC race then worry about killing each other after. This to me would be a really cool addition to cyrodiil.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let anchors spawn on keeps....daedric invasions on keeps that are owned by the faction in the lead. I want massive battles between all factions and daedra like in the trailers. A game called aion did this back in the day. The non playable race would fly a ship to certain keeps and attack them. They could even capture them. Sometimes the enemy would be so powerful the two player factions had to join together to defeat the NPC race then worry about killing each other after. This to me would be a really cool addition to cyrodiil.

Something like that would be pretty cool, if implemented correctly
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make cyrodiil great again.

Signed, a Xbone player since launch that is watching the PvP population dwindle rapidly.
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you guys just hire Joy as some sort of adviser already? I really don't know what you're waiting for, ZoS.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why does everyone always suggest more PvE in a PvP zone???
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Why does everyone always suggest more PvE in a PvP zone???

Because it could make things a bit more interesting, since we essentially do pretty much the same thing over and over (not complaining about that btw, just stating a fact) I don't think it should be a common occurrence if such a thing was to be implemented though, something like that should be relatively rare or else it would get very annoying, very quickly.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's not one thing in the entire OP that is a bad idea and shouldn't be implemented. Amazing post.

I see suggestions like these, a lot of which has been discussed within the playerbase for months and months now to different degrees, yet we haven't even had any acknowledgement from ZOS about any of it. Have we? Outside of the random "we're working on it, no eta".

Campaign Rewards
    Awful CP system (I love the idea of CP adding utility/changes in playstyle instead of stratight %-based buffs)
    Campaign Scoring system
    Gear RNG

All topics heavily discussed, with tons of amazing ideas, but the game remains stagnant.
    Edited by Sallington on December 16, 2016 4:12PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||