Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Which steam version to buy to link accounts ?.

cragarion
cragarion
Soul Shriven
Hi i need help with something that's not listed in steam support and if its not listed you don't seem to be able to contact them, at least after about an hour searching i could not find a way.

I have THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE PC/MAC DIGITAL IMPERIAL EDITION account that i played on,
i was thinking of playing it again but through steam by linking my accounts,
now i know i need to buy the game on steam but what do i need to buy,
my current Bethesda account the Imperial Edition is Tamriel unlimited with all expansions,

So do i need to buy,
The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited
or
The Elder Scrolls® Online: Gold Edition
or both ?.

Anyone else done this and know the answer please ?.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just buy gold edition of you want the DLC. It includes the base game. But know that you cannot link that purchase to your existing account so you will have to start with new characters.

You can purchase the imperial upgrade via crown store if you wish.
  • cragarion
    cragarion
    Soul Shriven
    The accounts can be linked by what i read in support just needed to know whether i needed the full game or just the basic, the gold version will probably do on it's own thanks.
  • cragarion
    cragarion
    Soul Shriven
    :) Worked bought the steam gold version linked accounts following the instructions here https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36517/~/can-i-link-my-existing-elder-scrolls-online-account-to-my-steam-account?
    logged into the steam game and all my old bethesda account chars are there :).
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, cool. Thanks for the follow up. I did not realize that the linking worked for accounts not created via a Steam purchase. That is good to know but I won't buy game again just to link to Steam. But if one wants the DLC it might be worth it.