Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

My first Monster Mask

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have half an inkling this will be either moved somewhere I didn't know of, or outright locked cause soliciting isn't aloud, but I'm kinda desperate for my first full Monster Set.

I've been getting into Pledges more and more lately with my Guild and I've gotten a few pieces of Skoria and Ilambris with good traits, but the bane of my existence is the 2pc bonus for these are locked away from me because of the "Masks only drop from Veteran bosses" thing. I can do Normal Dungeons just fine on my MagSorc, Hell, even soloed a few. But Veteran takes the difficulty WAY up for me and I've tried it before, it's a bit overwhelming, even when my guild tried a few once or twice. I remember it took us several wipes and a good hour or more to finish vWaywest Sewers. So I'm just gonna ask.

Are there any players that would be willing to help me farm a Vet Dungeon for my first Monster Mask? Preferably Crypt of Hearts, I REALLY want the Ilambris set on my Sorcerer.
CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What platform?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If xb eu I need a 3rd illambris. Can 2 man it easy.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If xb eu I need a 3rd illambris. Can 2 man it easy.

Unfortunately I'm Xbox NA.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What exactly are you struggling with in them? Are you DPS, tank or healer?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    What exactly are you struggling with in them? Are you DPS, tank or healer?

DPS. Vet's too much on my own and the Dungeon Finder is a wash.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm I wish you were on PS4 and then we'd definitely make it happen. Hopefully you'll find some helpful xbox people here
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a PC player, so not sure if this is a thing on consoles... On PC you could easily ask around in zone chat in a major city for a group to do a few vCoH farm runs. Or join a guild and run with guildies. Especially on the days when CoH is Undaunted pledge, you'll find lots of groups.

Like Danny said... if you were on PC-EU, I'd invite you for a run right away. :)
    Edited by Loc2262 on December 12, 2016 1:03PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll have to just resort to random zone chat asking then. I think I'll do it over in Wayrest though instead of my capital. The people that congregate in Mournhold are a bit, unpleasant.
  • Veraen
    Veraen
    ✭✭
    My advice is to identify what veteran dungeon you need for the Monster Helm Set you want, then join a friendly guild and try to setup a guild run with the members. Be proactive and watch a few videos of the veteran dungeon on YouTube to prepare for it so you know the fights. I was able to get my monster helm this way on the first run. Friendliness, educating yourself, and willingness to be patient and learn go a long way.

Good luck getting your helm!! :)
    Veræn → XB1/NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would be surprised at the responses you would get if you said LFG Farming xxxx Dungeon for Ilambris

Lots of people want to do farm runs and don't want to rush people who are savoring the dungeon. Yes, that is a thing, Dungeon Savoring, you know it because they listen to the dialog.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You would be surprised at the responses you would get if you said LFG Farming xxxx Dungeon for Ilambris

Lots of people want to do farm runs and don't want to rush people who are savoring the dungeon. Yes, that is a thing, Dungeon Savoring, you know it because they listen to the dialog.

Did exactly that in Wayrest and wouldn't you know it, people actually answered. And not too long after I got my first Ilambris mask. Divines even! But it was heavy and I was hoping for a light, but it still worked out. The group agreed to a second run and I did end up getting a light mask, but it was Training, and we quit after that so I stuck with the heavy. Doesn't matter that much though, just a bit more armor mitigation for me.

And honestly? A Monster Set makes a TON of difference. I'm surprised just how often the 10% chance procs, and not only does my normal Lightning staff and ability attacks proc it, but the flame damage from Meteor procs it too. I think I've had Ilambris proc both damage types at the same time.