Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Version 1.20 Prepairing to download... (10%)

indirect
indirect
Anyone else been stuck at 10% for an hour since the patch was able to be downloaded?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    indirect wrote: »
    Anyone else been stuck at 10% for an hour since the patch was able to be downloaded?

Go to: Notifications > Downloads.

Hit X on the ESO file that is preparing to download. Pause it, then resume it. It may take a few additional minutes to progress past the 10% preparing to download mark, but that always does it for me.
  • indirect
    indirect
    Aurielle wrote: »
    indirect wrote: »

Go to: Notifications > Downloads.

Hit X on the ESO file that is preparing to download. Pause it, then resume it. It may take a few additional minutes to progress past the 10% preparing to download mark, but that always does it for me.

Have already tried this, and nothing.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, took me a while
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    it's always the same for psn , it's also with any other update file from another game or app but then it goes faster .For ESO however it always stucks somewhere and loads very slowly .
    I blame the game popularity with many simultaneous users to download the file on the psn servers..

long story short , it's normal , it's not ESO it's rather PSN

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not PSN... it IS ESO.... I never have this issue with ANY other game (no matter how popular that game is). The prep time I fully believe is because it has to check the whopping 80gb game that is already installed - which is ludicrous in itself.

Mine takes ages to prep... then ALWAYS gets stuck at 32.45mb (has been doing this since DB update I believe). This is an error on the part of ZoS.... it needs sorting, because you have to pause it, restart it several times to get it to work. It also renders rest mode auto downloading useless, since manual intervention is the only cure. For a small 200mb update to ESO, it usually takes my 70mbps fiber optics 2 hours.
  • Vereaux078
    Vereaux078
    ✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    It's not PSN... it IS ESO.... I never have this issue with ANY other game (no matter how popular that game is). The prep time I fully believe is because it has to check the whopping 80gb game that is already installed - which is ludicrous in itself.

Mine takes ages to prep... then ALWAYS gets stuck at 32.45mb (has been doing this since DB update I believe). This is an error on the part of ZoS.... it needs sorting, because you have to pause it, restart it several times to get it to work. It also renders rest mode auto downloading useless, since manual intervention is the only cure. For a small 200mb update to ESO, it usually takes my 70mbps fiber optics 2 hours.

Reconsider re-download of the game data. Since my 100mbps glass fiber takes max 30 secs to download 200 mb and yes I do agree it is Sony, psn is not optimal at all at this time.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm. It is definitely ESO-related. No other patches for other games do this.

I tried EVERYTHING - rest mode, turn off/on PS4, pause/resume download, cancel/restart download, test internet connection..... everything.

This download should have take 2 minutes. It took me 2 hours. Downloading this patch a few days ago was extremely frustrating and I recieved many PSN messages from friends and group chats stating the same issue.

False Space requirements (40GB, 36GB, 34GB, etc), preparing to download taking over an hour and stuck at 10%. Having a "preparing to download - 10%" even when the actual patch has been downloading. Failing to provide time estimates due to the utter confusion..... It's just such a mess tbh. Only ESO has these issues for me. No other game does this at least in my experience. Get it together ZOS.
    Edited by Vaoh on December 16, 2016 6:42AM
  • indirect
    indirect
    DPG76 wrote: »
    it's always the same for psn , it's also with any other update file from another game or app but then it goes faster .For ESO however it always stucks somewhere and loads very slowly .
    I blame the game popularity with many simultaneous users to download the file on the psn servers..

long story short , it's normal , it's not ESO it's rather PSN

I've never had an issue with any other patch outside of ESO.

• Almost_Emily
    This still isn't fixed.

Taking a break from a different game, and thought I'd casually pop in ESO and start a new character.

What a freaking joke.

Tried everything in this thread, and even deleted all data saved in system storage, which gets it past "preparing to download" and all the way to 33.52Mb before hanging.

I remember why I stopped playing. Oh well.