Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Logout issues post patch

MrAppleman
MrAppleman
✭✭✭
Several players including myself are experiencing log out failure while in zones like the Imperial city and craglorn. Logout timer will count down from 10 and just stay at 0. Very annoying.

Id rather not travel out of Imperial city every time I want to log out. So I am closing app. This is not optimal of course and worth taking a look at.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrAppleman wrote: »
    Several players including myself are experiencing log out failure while in zones like the Imperial city and craglorn. Logout timer will count down from 10 and just stay at 0. Very annoying.

Id rather not travel out of Imperial city every time I want to log out. So I am closing app. This is not optimal of course and worth taking a look at.

Yup. Just happened to me in IC sewers. Had to close the application in order to switch characters.

• ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe yesterday they posted something for the Xbox as well. They said you have to force close the application to get to the character screen.

I am on PS4 and I didnt have this issue, but I dont know about anyone else.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've moved this thread to the PS4 Support Forum where it will be more helpful. We are investigating this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe yesterday they posted something for the Xbox as well. They said you have to force close the application to get to the character screen.

Don't force quit.... that's a terrible suggestion.

Don't use the menu to logout. Instead, open a chat text and type /logout

If text chat is turned off, you will need to turn it on to do this.
    It's the most reasonable work around
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had this happen to me in Craglorn a minute ago
    Buff Soft Caps
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not suggesting it. I saw it on the Xbox issue and even ZOS said to close the application to get it to work. I hope they fix it soon.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭

This didn't work for me, had to travel to a zone without a logout timer before logging out.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We are aware of an issue where you may not be able to log out of your characters properly after the patch on 11/30/2016.

In the meantime, we recommend logging out in safe areas of major cities, where there are no countdown timers, as many players have reported successfully logging out in these locations.

For updates as new information becomes available, please log in and click "Notify Me" at the bottom of this page.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Can't log out.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same here with one character in Craglorn.
    Have to force quit the program for being able to continue.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    I have just submitted a support ticket for this. And can add that typing /logout hasnt worked either
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    And moving outside of the area hasnt worked. On a diff part of the map totally now. Still have to force shutdown every time.
  • MrAppleman
    MrAppleman
    ✭✭✭
    Yup I can't log out in any zone now. Making doing writs on my characters impossible. What a severe inconvenience.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue! The bug has to do with the countdown timer hitting 0 and then stopping, halting the intialization of a logout.

Typing either "/logout" or "/camp" into text chat have both been suggested to me but neither have worked.

*@ZOS_DaryaK has a working solution!*
    • Logout inside the safe areas of major cities as their are no countdown timers
    *Worked for me :)*
  • Vereaux078
    Vereaux078
    ✭✭

This works in delves.

Edit: /camp seems to work as well in delves.
    Edited by Vereaux078 on December 2, 2016 9:23AM
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    not even "/logout" in text chat will work. Is this PS4 only or are other platforms effected? Is there really no QC at ZOS? I used to run a QC dept and I still do train our QC inspectors. I would quit my job if I let just one of your patches go through. Every time it gets worse and worse and you take longer and longer to fix it. You finally got your cancerous cash cow with Crown Crates so it is about time to put that ill gotten money to use and invest in the technical aspect of the game instead of the cosmetic. Fix your game ZOS
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We are aware of an issue where you may not be able to log out of your characters properly after the patch on 11/30/2016.

In the meantime, we recommend logging out in safe areas of major cities, where there are no countdown timers, as many players have reported successfully logging out in these locations.

For updates as new information becomes available, please log in and click "Notify Me" at the bottom of this page.

I've tried a few times to access this "Notify Me" option but it has proven to be a dead end. I am sent to a page where I have to log in again (even though I was logged in already when I clicked on the link). When I attempt to sign in I am told that I am signing in from an unknown device (this is clearly nonsense) and that I have been sent an access code to my registered email address, but the email never arrives. I am therefore unable to be notified.

Very frustrating :(

Edit: I did eventually receive the email so have been able to use the "Notify Me " link :)
    Edited by TruthSeeker on December 2, 2016 11:47AM
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    me too have this problem cant log out in some of toons but some other i can, so annoying to shut Down game for relog in a other toon it happen i many Places like golld cost deshan etc... im at ps4 pro europe also problem With Crown shop it start but so big problem With buy Money will not load
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • MrAppleman
    MrAppleman
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention ps4 pro blue screens happen once every 5-20 mins or so.
    Loads of fun!
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    I've been able to log out in some cities , anyone know if Belkarth has a 'safe' zone ? Been trying all over and countdown timer keeps popping. Been going to velyn harbor all my charcters are near the work shop. But not time efficient
    PS4 NA
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Belkarth doesn't ive tried all over it. I have to travel out to logout.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Rawl'kha at the vamp shrine and unable to logout, the first this has happened to me.
    Edited by SpiderKnight on December 7, 2016 8:50PM
  • Azuramoonstar
    Azuramoonstar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having is issues as well, just got on after a break (skyrim launch ff15) and logged in bleakrock and was unable to log out. logged off manually.

first time i've seen log out issues in an mmorpg after 10+ years playing them lol.
    Long time mmo player: 2004-[current year]
    Long time Elder scrolls player: Xbox launch morrowind.
    Follower of the dawn and dusk, keeper of the moon and star.
  • rimaxo14_ESO
    rimaxo14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I've had this for week's along with all buddies we just have to go into a city and logout ... it's getting annoying
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the support link says will be fixed in next patch. I have ESO on X1 and PS4 (I primarily play PS4) since X1 was updated yesterday I logged in there and this issue is still present. So has not been fixed, when do you guys plan on fixing this? How about until you fix it you disable logout timers everywhere except Cyrodil until you fix it? In fact why does there need to be a timer outside of Cyrodil to begin with? I understand the logic of a timer which I believe started in WoW so people couldn't instantly log out while in combat but since PvP is confined to Cyrodil why not only have a timer there?
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As mentioned in this post, we'll be publishing the incremental patch on Xbox tomorrow morning that includes a fix for this issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned in this post, we'll be publishing the incremental patch on Xbox tomorrow morning that includes a fix for this issue.

Thanks Gina. I was previously sent to a help article updated on 12/07/16 that had said in next incremental patch would be fixed. So I saw PS4 updating this morning so jumped on X1 as previously it said there would be maintenance on X1 on Tues so assumed whatever is being done to PS4 was already done to X1. So obviously had the same problem still on X1.

This was my logic, thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to getting on tonight.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The logout still isn't working on PS4.
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had problems logging out for the past month along with crashes when trying to exit champion points.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    My logout is working ok now on ps4