Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Requirements?

ViPe268
ViPe268
Soul Shriven
So I am at Champion 139 atm and I am trying to do some quests which give you skill points. I am using an add-on which shows quest locations, but when I go to the certain location nothing is there, I have searched everywhere and can't find any info on what quests I need to complete to start the quest I want. I am trying to start The Death of Balreth so is there some kind of list or do I have to do all quests blindly?

Best Answer

• BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, a lot of the skillpoint quests are related to the main quests, which tend to chain from one another. Is Cadwell's silver/gold still a thing?

The UESP wiki is pretty good about listing prerequisites of a quest. Do a search of the quest you're looking for here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Quests , and follow the "Previous Quest" links back until you find the first in the chain.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on December 13, 2016 5:33PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Answer ✓
  • ViPe268
    ViPe268
    Soul Shriven
    IIRC, a lot of the skillpoint quests are related to the main quests, which tend to chain from one another. Is Cadwell's silver/gold still a thing?

The UESP wiki is pretty good about listing prerequisites of a quest. Do a search of the quest you're looking for here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Quests , and follow the "Previous Quest" links back until you find the first in the chain.

Yes it is.

I feel so stupid now, somehow missed that completely. I am sorry and thank you!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing with Quests in particular the Zone Story Quests is they usually are not started anywhere near where the quest takes place. Also, I have not tested this under One Tamriel, but based on how things went before, I would be very hesitant to attempt the quest stages out of order as a general rule. I know in some cases it is just fine, but in other ones, it is best to start at the beginning and work your way through the zone as originally intended.

So, having said that, find the quest you want to do, and see who you have to talk to. Try to make sure you have done the stages before

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online#Quest_Information

Also, while you use this guide, make sure you talk to every NPC near the beginning and end of the quests so as to not miss either a side quest or the beginning of the next stage
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone beat me to it with uesp

The Quest is part of the Ebonheart Pact Main storyline.

The Story begins in Bleakrock Isle, moves to Bal Foyen and continues in Stonefalls.
    As suggested by @BlackSparrow , you might like to start the story from the beginning .

Quests in Stonefalls
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ebonheart_Pact#Quests

happy questing.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA