The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why does an armorset auto-detect me and shoot fireballs at me through walls?

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Any care to make any reason of this new @ZOS lunacy?
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not unexpected imo.
    They just went bit overboard with some of the sets however my biggest worry is how useless they will render our stuff we had to farm for to get in the next update when its probably gonna be nerfed into the groumd.

I'm not talking about infernal guardian specifically though havent used it in pvp and in pve it really only seems usefull in vma for me.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pattyLtd wrote: »
    it's not unexpected imo.
    They just went bit overboard with some of the sets however my biggest worry is how useless they will render our stuff we had to farm for to get in the next update when its probably gonna be nerfed into the groumd.

I'm not talking about infernal guardian specifically though havent used it in pvp and in pve it really only seems usefull in vma for me.

It´s not really that good in vma......much more usefull in pvp, trust me. In it´s bugged state it´s a free stealth detection device.
    Options
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah sounds just like me "not really good in vma" haha.
    As for pvp i take your word for it b-but but is it a bug or a feature? :)
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
    Options
  • Kryank
    Kryank
    ✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »

This set is annoying, but even more funny is using Swarm Mother and block when it targets you through a wall, then when it hits you it will pull the caster through the wall to you!

Best way to go fishing for casters at keep seiges lols
    'I am not entering into a battle of wits with a man who is clearly unarmed'
    Follow My Twitch Channel Or Youtube Channel
    Sneaky Kryank DC NB
    Psyreni DC Sorc
    Kryank Of The Flame. DC Temp
    Kryank Smash DC DK
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect their intention was for it to be able to lob mortars on to people out of sight on top of castle walls (which I do use it for in sieges) - which means that it has to be able to work without direct los.. obviously the part that checks that an indirect los to the target exists seems to be missing though.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because Wrobel.
    Options
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    some of these sets have pretty much ruined Nightblade as a class, and cloak is almost completely useless now with all the crap going ond

can occasionaly use it for a crit opener, or to suppress the dot sometimes if not getting chased

in fact, I only have cloak/concealed on a backbar just for getting around the map unnoticed
    Edited by pcar944 on December 12, 2016 10:02AM
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
    Options
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »

Why do proc set armor kill me instead of player skills?
    Options
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to exposing stealthed players (which it should not do. It's like giving it a 41m Radiant Magelight ability), Infernal Guardian has been ignoring collision and shooting through keep walls for a while and I've been /bug reporting it for a couple weeks. Surprise, some guild actually have the whole raid decked out in IG and it's hitting people inside keeps while they siege outside.
    Phoebe Anderson
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set needs a complete redo. If they make it obey LoS, a few people in tight space will do so much splash damage casting shields that anyone coming into that small space will melt. As bad as it is, Infernal Guardian is better off going through walls than not going through walls.
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    The set needs a complete redo. If they make it obey LoS, a few people in tight space will do so much splash damage casting shields that anyone coming into that small space will melt. As bad as it is, Infernal Guardian is better off going through walls than not going through walls.

This. LoS check would give far better controll over dmg to caster, eventhough it would make me stronger, Im against it, I dont want it to be overbuffed or over nerfed. Im using this set to and need to say its very satisfying to use broken set vs broken set users (stacking procs). Yeah IMHO it shouldnt pull out of stealth (eventhough I like it a lot) but until stacking sets like viper+veli/selene/tremor+widow is possible I wont have mercy and will abuse this set as long as I can.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina said it was getting fixed next update.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    us nightblades live in stealth, it is cheating to use this against us, this mechanic pulls us out of stealth.
    it's horrible that while im sneaking all of a sudden a huge red ring forms around me and fire balls land on me pulling me out of stealth.
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easy play templar instead until its fixed.
    EU | PC
    Options
  • Your_Toy
    Your_Toy
    Shh guys! It was working as intended! I want to be able to hit people out of stealth so they can't gank me with the proctard builds... You guys ruined it!
    If you encounter me, you will most likely be in a X vs 1 video.
    <Vehemence>
    Your Toy - Magikia Sorc DC
    Yourtoy - Magikia Templar DC
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Your_Toy
    Your_Toy
    816uC.gif
    <Vehemence>
    Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel takes quality assurance seriously, and has a skilled and experienced coding team with him to address bugs in a timely manner.
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    Wrobel takes quality assurance seriously, and has a skilled and experienced coding team with him to address bugs in a timely manner.

4348000.jpg
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Your_Toy
    Your_Toy
    wtf.gif
    <Vehemence>
    Options
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    According to most people who play, its totally ok to ruin a whole class aspect with dumb bugged sets cus otherwise stam nb boogeymen are gonna one shot you with stacked procs. Two wrongs always make right!
    Options
  • Your_Toy
    Your_Toy
    UyLJJ.gif
    <Vehemence>
    Options