Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are crafted runes supposed to be weaker than looted ones?

DagmarSLNY
I have a crafted blue Strong Glyph of Magicka with a minimum level of 40 requirement and a loot blue Strong Glyph of Magicka with a minimum level of 40 requirement. The crafted one adds 583 Magicka and the loot one adds 763 Magicka. Is it supposed to be this way or did I miss some kind of step in creating the glyph?
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    What are you applying the glyph to? Chest, helmet, greaves/legs, shield get full enchant strength. Arms, shoulders, belt, and boots get 40% of the max enchant cause they are much smaller. So you can't compare an enchant to one of the big 4 pieces to one you enchant on a shoulder or arm

Outside that. I never look at glyphs I loot but I know glyphs on gear are as strong as your created ones of the same color (blue, purple, gold)
    Edited by Jciampi on December 12, 2016 8:49AM
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One should also look at the trait. If it's Infused, then the enchantment is stronger. With small pieces, crafted/looted, it won't be above 300. CP 160, Kuta'd, Yellowed gear on small slots is about 351 Magicka alone without Infused.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be identical. I'm guessing it may be due to the level of the item you are enchanting and your level. The larger the difference the less value the enchant will be due to level scaling (I think anyways, can't test it until the game comes back up). If in doubt you can try copying and linking the extra item links for both glyphs here.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • DagmarSLNY
    Jciampi wrote: »
    What are you applying the glyph to?
    I'm not applying the glyph to anything. This is the displayed enchantment strength on the glyph itself.

• DagmarSLNY
    One should also look at the trait. If it's Infused, then the enchantment is stronger. With small pieces, crafted/looted, it won't be above 300. CP 160, Kuta'd, Yellowed gear on small slots is about 351 Magicka alone without Infused.

Again, not applying the glyph to anything so none of this is applicable regarding the displayed enchantment strength on the glyph itself.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you just craft the glyph? If you created it a while back it might have been created when stats were different. Just a guess though. Might help to post the image of both.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DagmarSLNY wrote: »

Again, not applying the glyph to anything so none of this is applicable regarding the displayed enchantment strength on the glyph itself.

With the information given in the OP we don't have a lot to go on here. That's why pics are relevant with problems like this. :wink:

Regardless, no. Looted is not supposed to be stronger than crafted.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!