The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug/Issue with EVENT_ACTION_SLOT_UPDATED in 2.3.5

Reorx_Holybeard
Reorx_Holybeard
✭✭✭✭✭
A warning for anyone using the EVENT_ACTION_SLOT_UPDATED event with the latest patch (2.3.5). When the player is wielding a Destruction Staff this event can be called 40-50 times (or more) whenever you kill something. I don't know how often it was called in previous patches but no where near this amount. Dual Wield and Restoration Staves have no issue with the event (it is not called on a mob kill at all). Bow and two-handed weapons have a similar issue but not all events on the bar are updated (only skill 4 in my test case, called 10 times per kill).

In my case it caused significant lag on kills as I was updating/saving the action bar with this event and assumed it would only be called when a skill on the bar was actually updated and then only once per skill within a small time frame. My fix was to check the time from the last call and only "process it" if X seconds have elapsed since the last call. This issue was not present in prior patches (or at least not to a visible degree).

For example, if I add simple logging to the EVENT_ACTION_SLOT_UPDATED event I get the following calls when I kill 1 mob with a Destruction Staff equipped:
EVENT_ACTION_SLOT_UPDATED 1
EVENT_ACTION_SLOT_UPDATED 2
EVENT_ACTION_SLOT_UPDATED 4

Which seems a little excessive. All these calls appear to happen simultaneously (within 3-4 ms).
Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This issue alongside the Destro ult.. oh baby.

Apparently resolved in today's patch notes! Several months later.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons