The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

This not being able to mount BS.....

Skullz11c
Skullz11c
✭✭✭
@zos....Something is wrong with a Magick Nightblade Skills. Only happens on him, but I always go 5 - 10 minutes between being able to mount after a fight.....WTF gives? Doesn't happen on any other toon
Xbox One NA

• Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could just be a skill that forces you into combat longer then any of your other skills. The same issue happens with characters that are Healers. Their healing abilities forces them to stay in combat longer then another class or skill would. This issue, of which not sure if designed on purpose or not, has been in the game since launch. At least on the console versions that I'm aware of.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been finding it when someone in my group is in combat too, even if they're half the map away. Don't remember that happening before
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Skullz11c
    Skullz11c
    ✭✭✭
    Emothic wrote: »
    Could just be a skill that forces you into combat longer then any of your other skills. The same issue happens with characters that are Healers. Their healing abilities forces them to stay in combat longer then another class or skill would. This issue, of which not sure if designed on purpose or not, has been in the game since launch. At least on the console versions that I'm aware of.

No, been playing mag blade since launch. Something is broke. I can hide but can't mount or check my mail. I think it's the swallow soul skill
    Xbox One NA

Options
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skullz11c wrote: »
    Emothic wrote: »

No, been playing mag blade since launch. Something is broke. I can hide but can't mount or check my mail. I think it's the swallow soul skill

I literally walked from Chalman to Ash stuck in combat yesterday. I did not encounter any player or NPC after the milegate..
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

Options
  • Skullz11c
    Skullz11c
    ✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    I've been finding it when someone in my group is in combat too, even if they're half the map away. Don't remember that happening before

I always run solo.....
    Xbox One NA

Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's under signature of my things ZOS needs to fix

Things ZOS needs to Fix:" In Combat bug in Cyrodiil, healers should not suffer this, was advised it was Intended from ZOS, it needs to be Changed"

I have seen Funnel Health/swallow soul keep Magicka Nightblades "IN COMBAT.."

Sometimes I have seen that Rally can do it too, for a Nightblade running 2H..

and not only that, it's intended..

it's crap and needs to be changed..
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on December 11, 2016 8:54PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should create a separate counter for mounting. After not taking or dealing damage for 10 seconds, you can mount.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭

Things ZOS needs to Fix:" In Combat bug in Cyrodiil, healers should not suffer this, was advised it was Intended from ZOS, it needs to be Changed"

Soooo..... It's intended that your group rides off after a fight just so you can walk and get ganked... then get yelled at for not healing them when you are respawning..... Someone clearly didn't think this through.
    #SavePlayer1
    Options
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me all the time as a Templar healer. And to make matters worse I have no stamina so I can't even run. I walk slowly, with no stamina, while everyone mounts up and rides away, then i get cc once and die. Sigh. The fun of pvp as a magic build.

I feel like we should be able to mount ANY time in pvp. If we choose to mount up and get killed then let us. At least we can mount when necessary.
    Edited by N0TPLAYER2 on December 11, 2016 10:07PM
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I seem to remember this happening to me in cyrodiil months and months ago, so it certainly isn't anything new
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I was in PvP must have been 1.5 years ago. I remember this annoying bug.

Why is it so hard to write a loop check? If there's is no incoming damage for 10 seconds and no damage output for 10 seconds and there is no enemy closer than 20 meters, force-quit combat. Problem solved.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark conversion appears to extend the "in combat" status as well. I'm pretty sure if walk from a battle and just occasionally cast dark deal on myself, I will be in combat forever. It's hard to be sure, since by the time I've walked from Roebeck to Dragonclaw, I've reached my destination, so I no longer need to mount.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive heard this a few ppl in groups I've been in. I'm not even sure it's just a class.

So far it's consistently been Templars and NB's
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 12, 2016 12:53AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xundiin wrote: »

Soooo..... It's intended that your group rides off after a fight just so you can walk and get ganked... then get yelled at for not healing them when you are respawning..... Someone clearly didn't think this through.

yup..

I read a Qoute by Gina on it, on these very Forums..., I didn't copy it (or the link, still shooting myself on that one) at the time but yeah it's intended, I hate it myself, I think it's extremely stupid that a healer gets penalized for being stuck "IN COMBAT"
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on December 12, 2016 1:40AM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what you get for trying to heal in PVP.
    Options
  • Cavarka
    Cavarka
    ✭✭✭
    Xundiin wrote: »

I would tell the group to **** ***. Only run with decent humans.
    Options
  • Spaceclown
    Spaceclown
    ✭✭
    Why don't people ever post bugs in the bug subforum...?
    expert milk drinker
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ive heard this a few ppl in groups I've been in. I'm not even sure it's just a class.

So far it's consistently been Templars and NB's

Even when I die and respawn at base I sometimes can't switch a skill for minutes because I am still in combat. I had many times my group mates run of into the sunset on their mounts while I have to run as I am in combat.
    Sometimes, which is ever weirder, I cannot switch weaponbar. The weaponbar is greyed out and locked and pressing the swap key don't work and pressing the icon on the bar itself does nothing.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Odditorium
    Odditorium
    ✭✭✭
    This is a very old feature of the game (zos likes to call unfixed bugs features). If you reload ui it usually takes care of the problem for the time being.
    PC/NA
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium
    Oscillation Overthruster -|- Molag Trump
    Kira the Gelfling -|- Varag Ghoul-Chewer
    Buffy the Purple Slayer -|- Hostile Seventeen

OTG
    Ayrenn's Army
    AD Only
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spaceclown wrote: »

Because the number of ****s ZOS gives, even on their own forums, is non-existent at this point.

You've got a better chance of getting struck by lightning, winning the lotto and being attacked by a polar bear in the same day than you do getting a decent response from ZOS.
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a stam DK that uses s&b and bow most of the time in PvP. I use viper and vicecannon of venom with tumorscale. I have been unable to mount if the target I poisoned didn't die for 2-3 minutes after combat ended. So I guess this is not only NB problem. Idk if this is related to vicecannon or not.
    Options
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odditorium wrote: »
    This is a very old feature of the game (zos likes to call unfixed bugs features). If you reload ui it usually takes care of the problem for the time being.

On pc I have a mod hotkeyed to reload UI but what do console players do?
    Options
  • Skullz11c
    Skullz11c
    ✭✭✭
    Spaceclown wrote: »

They don't respond to in game trouble tickets, what makes you think they read the bug forum?
    Xbox One NA

Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aha! Been playing a healer & just thought this was due to the lag......it's not a pleasant feeling, watching everyone else mount up & away whilst my healer stands there with me desperately button mashing hoping to god everything nearby has been killed & that I'm not about to be ganked.....
    Options
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not a bug, it's a feature to prevent sedentarism of your character
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
    Options
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭

On the topic of things that need to be fixed, but not related to in combat mounting issues. However I would like to see fixed...

Rapids is busted and has been busted for several months. I've been asking others if they have the same bug and it seems to relate more to Magicka builds. What happens is that you hit rapids, it buffs those around me, but NOT ME. I do it again, this time it gave me the rapids buff for only 6 seconds BUT I am still slow. Finally after several tries I get rapids the right way.
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only for magblades. I have that a lot in PvP. If my group win a fight somewhere, and we want to go somewhere else, leader is always asking "Can everyone mount?" Most people can - and then you have the poor Templar that's got the stuck-in-combat-curse, so everyone's forced to walk.

GEGE. Happens with keep-teleports too. It's always been like this, or so I've heard.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assure you OP is is not just magicka NB skills.
    Options
  • Nocturnalan
    Nocturnalan
    ✭✭✭
    Ill just add and say Templar healer here. I from time to time seem to get stuck in combat. Everyone mounts and leaves after a battle and I'm just walking 'not running' around like an idiot because I have no Stam lol.
    Templar Healer PVP/PVE
    Stam/Mag Warden PVP
    MagSorc PVP
    XB1 NA 1100+CP
    Options