Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your average fps?

Spaceclown
Spaceclown
✭✭
In cities mine is around 40-50fps. Wilderness around 50-60. Dungeons I always get at least 90-100, seems to be capped at 100.

Nvidia gtx 980
i5 6500 cpu only ever gets to about 40% usage

Can't seem to get a photo attached but I would like to see your settings if your fps is better!

expert milk drinker
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish Console had a counter so I'd know. It's probably locked at 30 like usual, if not 60 since it's an Xbox One, but I know for sure it drops to like, 5fps in Cyrodiil.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Spaceclown
    Spaceclown
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Wish Console had a counter so I'd know. It's probably locked at 30 like usual, if not 60 since it's an Xbox One, but I know for sure it drops to like, 5fps in Cyrodiil.

They should add that to console just because it would be nice to know
    expert milk drinker
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 ish in trials. PC EU
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From 44-100 depending where I am, around 44 fps in Cyrodiil unless there is a huge amount of players and ults going off then it can drop to 15 fps lol
  • Spaceclown
    Spaceclown
    ✭✭
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    From 44-100 depending where I am, around 44 fps in Cyrodiil unless there is a huge amount of players and ults going off then it can drop to 15 fps lol

Same if there is too much going on it dips lower than 40! I love this game though so it doesnt really bother me but when you get those point where it gets high 50 and 60 it feels amazing :o
    expert milk drinker
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -1 usually because cyrodiil and crappy laptop but I have a new computer coming next week so hopefully 100 :P
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i7 4790k
    GTX 970
    16GB DDR3

Cities is about 50-60, out and about its 60-75, and in dungeons its about 70-90.

Laptop appears to do the same FPS, cept I haven't tested it with a dungeon yet. It's got:

i7 6700HQ
    GTX 1070
    16GB DDR4
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox one it feels like 20-22 ish most of the time since DB and Orsinium but after One Tamriel I'm convinced the max is 20 and the lowest is sometimes 10 very often in MSA, Dungeons and delves

Also I got ridding lessons and used them, the game almost froze due to the lighting effects.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spaceclown wrote: »
    In cities mine is around 40-50fps. Wilderness around 50-60. Dungeons I always get at least 90-100, seems to be capped at 100.

Mine were about the same as this before One Tamriel. After One Tamriel my fps dropped to about 15-20 in Rawl'kha so I lowered my graphics from Ultra High to just High. Now I have about 30-40 in super crowded areas like Rawl, 60 or so in other cities, 70-80 in the wilderness and 100 in delves/dungeons.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cities 45-55, wilderness 75-99, dungeons 99-100.

Just checked my screenshots and added values.
    Edited by Betheny on December 11, 2016 5:34AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 as I leave VSinc on.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A maximum of 30FPS (locked) is achievable in empty, unpopular instances with nothing occuring/minor combat with a minimal amount of player and NPCs.

In major towns it is often around 20FPS, sometimes lower when struggling to load.

In trials it depends on how organized the group is. 10-15FPS is accurate. It truly impacts gameplay, and effects don't always play. If 1+ Elememtal Rages activates (especially in Ult bomb situations) a dip to 5FPS is common.

PvP functions similarily to trials, and drops to 5FPS in large battles. Even if not in a battle, simply participating in a laggy campaign like Scourge drops you to 15-20FPS. This is before counting lag.

There is also a severe issue with stuttering on weapon swap and kills where the game essentially freezes. For 0.5-1sec after weapon swap and 0.5-2sec after anything around you dies the game will freeze. Multiple kills in the same timeframe will utterly freeze your system for 3-4sec.

PS4 NA.

Please fix....
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    65-70 on my new laptop . Ping is still high . 150-999
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30-60 in cities or Cyrodiil (can drop to low 20s during large battles)
    50-75 outside
    100+ inside or in dungeons

i've modified usersettings.ini to allow up to 144fps

i5 4670k at 4.4ghz
    gtx 980

• nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50-60 city, 75-100 open world, 90-100 dungeon with a gtx-1070/i7-6700 and a great monitor using max graphics card settings for antialiasing, picture quality and whatever other little things here and there. My in game is set to max ultra except for grass which I keep off to be less of a distraction for fighting and harvesting. Only the most extreme circumstances ever put me under 50 frames.

Skyrim is almost life like.

#LikeABobRossPainting.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    45-55 cities
    70+ Underground and out in the middle of no where
    37-45 PVP
    ping at 70+ all times

GPU R9 390
    CPU FX-8350 4.4ghz
    RAM Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600MHz x2
    WD Black 2TB
    WD Blue 2TB

Edited by sirston on December 12, 2016 12:08AM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nvidia gtx 980

in cities around 50 - 60
    outside of the cities 60 - 100
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Spaceclown
    Spaceclown
    ✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    60 as I leave VSinc on.

vsync hardly means anything lul
    expert milk drinker
  • Spaceclown
    Spaceclown
    ✭✭
    Cazic wrote: »
    30-60 in cities or Cyrodiil (can drop to low 20s during large battles)
    50-75 outside
    100+ inside or in dungeons

i've modified usersettings.ini to allow up to 144fps

i5 4670k at 4.4ghz
    gtx 980

can you tell me exactly what name of the setting it is that you changed?

EDIT: Googled it and found it https://reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/21ujqa/fix_remove_100fps_cap/
    Edited by Spaceclown on December 11, 2016 10:35PM
    expert milk drinker
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 as I leave VSinc on.

Vsync on makes the game look a lot smoother. My computer gets around 100fps everywhere with Vsync off.. if I turn it on it caps @ 60fps & the whole show runs a lot smoother without any jitteryness.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Spaceclown
    Spaceclown
    ✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    60 as I leave VSinc on.

Vsync on makes the game look a lot smoother. My computer gets around 100fps everywhere with Vsync off.. if I turn it on it caps @ 60fps & the whole show runs a lot smoother without any jitteryness.

You would have to say what gpu you have because a lot of people dont get a change
    expert milk drinker
  • Erekon
    Erekon
    ✭✭✭
    ~ 95-100 in Dungeons ( Capped but rarely drops)
    ~ 40-70 in Cities/towns depending on how busy the city actually is
    ~ 70-90 outside cities/towns

Specs :
    i7 6700k @ 4.00 GHz (No OC)
    MSI NVidia GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB (No OC)
    16GB RAM

Running on a 1080p monitor.
    Settings: Ultra + ( everything maxed out )

PC EU
    @ybbarc

• Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 - 120 FPS. Depends on what I'm doing.
    Running on highest settings + ReShade + Hook64 (no fog)

6700k (at 4,4 ghz)
    GTX 980
    16 GB RAM (DDR4)

But everything optimized to get the best performance - like unparking cores, higher priority settings, deactivating DVR etc.

Edit: I have a *** ton of addons (50+), which lowers my FPS by a lot!
    Edited by Mady on December 11, 2016 11:11PM
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • RichD62
    RichD62
    ✭✭
    AMD FX 8370
    GTX 960

I keep V-Synch on because my monitor is a older one at 60 hz. Most of the time unless in a well populated area I run at 60 fps.
    Uthbert the Inept.
    Guild Master of Hlaalu Trading Company
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I uncapped mine in usersettings.ini and get up to 144 in dungeons, but it drops to about 100 in overland, and in busy cities down to 35-45. However, since 1T I get terrible random lag spikes in dungeons, from time to time. Of course, my FPS remains high, but the game is unresponsive.

Vsync is off but it's a G-Sync monitor.

I run the game at 2k resolution on a Core i7 6800K @ 4.4GHz with a GTX980Ti, I have 64GB RAM.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to the 100fps cap but usually anywhere from 50-70fps. Busy pvp or cities with duels down to about 20fps. I have a 7 year old i7 980x (gulftown) with gtx titan (original), 16GB ddr3 and an ssd. I run the game at 2560x1440 on high with AA off. ESO don't care how old your setup is as long as it's beefy lol.

Edited by FriedEggSandwich on December 12, 2016 1:48AM
    PC | EU
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 60-70k on average, but I run all highest settings on dual monitors at 2k with my GTX 1080
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    around 70 fps
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lately whenever i get the destro staff glitch i get 5 or 6 seconds per frame

Round up a big pull of adds and have me and my mate nuke them. The screen will lock up and after a good chunk of them are dead my screen will return a frame. Luckily i can see his TV screen so i know im aleardy dead as i watch him kill 30 or so adds my toon will just stand there, i have even attempted to carry on killing/moving/healing while watching my mates screen but my toon will just stand there like a statue no matter how many buttons i press.

Working as intended