Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should i move to another PC/Mac NA Megaserver?

Just_TJ
Just_TJ
Soul Shriven
Hello all

I have ESO for about an year but i'm still a newbie cause i didn't play it very much. I still have only one character that just reached level 15.
One of the things that drove me off before is that in the EU Megaserver at the time that i'm available to play, generally from midnight to 3am GMT, the population is very low. On the other hand i don't want to be on a overpopulated server with alot of lag and where is almost impossible to reach to the crafting stations or the bank.

So my questions are:
  1. There is any guild with active members on the PC/Mac EU Megaserver at the hour of the day that i play?
  2. I would like to know if i lose anything moving to the NA Megaserver?
  3. How crowded is the PC/Mac NA Megaserver around 7pm to 10pm EST?
  4. Anyone in Europe that plays in the PC/Mac NA Megaserver has any issues with ping rate?
TJ

Best Answers

• BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't really answer 1 or 4, since I live in the States, but for 2 and 3...

2. EU and NA PC/Mac servers are identical. The only differences I've heard is that EU has more non-English speakers, and NA has more bots running around. (And we also do our maintenance during the middle of your day, so take that into account)

It does stand to mention that you will lose your character and anything else you've accumulated on that character, since that doesn't transfer over... but level 15 shouldn't take too long to catch up again.

3. 7-10 EST is pretty much primetime on NA, so you're hitting the sweet spot. That said, it's not crowded (at least not the PvE spots... can't speak for PvP). Banks can get a bit full, but not so full you can't find the banker, even in the starter cities, and cities themselves are pleasantly busy without being completely packed lag-fests.

If you're out questing, especially, players are actually pretty thin, even during NA server primetime, because all the most dedicated players have finished questing and spend most of their time doing endgame dailies. It's enough that you can beat dolmens when they pop up and usually run into someone else while you're doing a delve, but no one's going to get in your way.

So bottom line? Don't worry about server overcrowding, at least not PvE-side.

Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Answer ✓
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't answer numbers 1, 3, and 4, but can tell you that if you move from the EU to US server, it's basically going to be like you just bought the game and are starting over. Nothing you currently have on the EU server will move with you to the US one, including crown store purchases (unless that has changed), characters, gold, achievements, inventory, etc. It seems like they kind of treat it like a whole other account.

So, if you make the move, you will be starting from scratch with nothing. Having said that, the 7 to 10 pm EST time on the US server is probably prime time, so you should have an easier time finding people to play with. As far as being too crowded goes, I guess that's a matter of opinion, but I doubt this game is "too crowded" anywhere.
    Answer ✓
  • Just_TJ
    Just_TJ
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for you answers @BlackSparrow and @Sirani.

I got the imperial edition of the game, not the crown store bundle it was an edition that came with the base game and all the stuff on the imperial bundle changing megaserver will mean that i will lost the access to the imperial stuff also?

• Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure that the Imperial Edition and things like the Explorer's Pack apply to both servers, so you should have access to that for both EU and US. Also, if you decide to play on the US server, your EU info will still be there. Your characters, inventory, achievements, etc won't go anywhere unless you delete something. You should be able to switch back and forth at will between the two servers as well, so you could play both.
  • Lord Valar
    Lord Valar
    ✭✭✭
    If i'm right, you'll have imperial edition on your account, whatever the server.
    For DLCs and all store's things, I saw (few months ago) on the french forum, that it's special to one server. But need a confirmation ! It means that if you buy a DLC on EU, you won't have it on NA...

And i'm also interested to know if the NA server has a better quality than the EU one... Cause it's really laggy, lots of disconnections and other problems. Hopefully there is english speaking people in EU, because if there wasn't, I think Zenimax wouldn't give us more attention.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't really answer 1 or 4, since I live in the States, but for 2 and 3...

2. EU and NA PC/Mac servers are identical. The only differences I've heard is that EU has more non-English speakers, and NA has more bots running around. (And we also do our maintenance during the middle of your day, so take that into account)

I can understand why EU would have more non-English speakers...but "NA has more bots running around." Do you have proof of this or is this something you read in the forums? Seems like you're just creating conjecture.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't lose your existing character - just switch over to the other server. You are just investing a little bit of time.
    I did it once when the NA server was down, that's when I learned that crown store purchases only count for one server ...
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett