The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Unable to log in / getting kicked back to log in screen after reaching character select

s_ch_kb16_ESO
s_ch_kb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Logging in worked perfectly yesterday, but now, every time I reach the character select screen (sometimes I see it for less than a second, sometimes it doesn't show up at all after loading for about the time it would take to load up), I get kicked back to the log in screen (where you can select your sever etc.) with the following message:
An error occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again.
Been trying for hours now and always get the same error message. Only tried the EU server once, but the same thing happened.
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just managed to log in for a couple minutes to get my riding lessons done - then, after logging out again, I'm back to the old problem. :-(
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just managed to log in for a couple minutes to get my riding lessons done - then, after logging out again, I'm back to the old problem. :-(

Same. EU server.
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to log in again today after many tries, but again - the next try didn't work again.
    The weird thing is that switching between characters doesn't seem to be a problem at all, I didn't get kicked back to login once when logging in and out of characters, once I manage to stay on the character select screen after loggin in, but getting the game to not kick me the first time I log in takes many tries.

@Nyx2 Did anything on your system change when this started happening to you? Windows 10 installed an update before this started for me, but I uninstalled it (btw f*** microsoft for making me deactivate the whole update service just to get rid of a single update) and I still get the error.
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    And I thought, for once Support would try to help me... silly me.
    I opened a ticket with support and first it actuall seemed like they were trying to help, but now I get a completely unrelated answer about the steam version of the game just because I answered, when they asked me whether I was using the steam version (which I am not).
    Seriously - sometimes I wonder whether support actually does read our mails. I wait a whole day for an answer and then I get a completely unrelated reply. :-(
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the news in log in screen say something like "Could not retrieve information." ?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No, just:
    "An error occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again."
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nyx2 Did anything on your system change when this started happening to you? Windows 10 installed an update before this started for me, but I uninstalled it (btw f*** microsoft for making me deactivate the whole update service just to get rid of a single update) and I still get the error.

No, and it's more of an infinite login or logout screen. After a couple restarts of the launcher it started working again.
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No such luck for me :-(
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    No such luck for me :-(

The only other thing I could think of is to repair in launcher or reinstall. Or perhaps it's an issue with the firewall or anti virus. Sorry but that's all I got.
  • DponyG
    DponyG
    There is no fix. Ask for refund the end