The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it worth purpling under lvl 50 crafted gear sets for PvP

Twohothardware
Twohothardware
✭✭✭✭✭
As someone that likes running Blackwater PvP is it worth upgrading a blue set of Lvl 30 Hundings/NMG to purple or is the gain minimal at that level? And how much difference would I see in getting the same set crafted again at around say Lvl 45? Worth it or only marginal gain?
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    Can't comment about gain but if you have the extra mats then why not. I always counted so that I had enough mats for end game gear and upgraded my current set as much as I could with extra mats.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a lot of mats (or are able to replace them easily) then yes, if you would be buying the mats then no

you are likley to use the set for a while (based on the speed at which you level & the time you actually play) then yes, if you are likley to out level the set quickly then no

if you will re-roll a new stam charcater the moment the one reaches level 50, and can use the gear again, then yes, if you will just deconstruct the set once your done then no

if you answered yes to 2 of these i'd say go for it,
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    I only improved to blue lvl with leveling up a new toon as I have a ton of those mats. Save the purple for end game.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the weapons...armour set keep blue with blue enchant....
    make/replace them every 10 lvls...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I purple everything for my new characters as I am leveling because I have heaps of improvement tempers and will never use them otherwise. If you deconstruct everything you pick up you should never run out of materials.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have thousands of epic tempers in the crafting bag. All you need is to put points into hirelings and wait.
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    yes
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always improve to purple if I have more than enough mats, what are you going to do with them otherwise?

I made level 20 gear for my latest character 2 days ago and purpled it all. I'll do the same when I make him the next set in a couple of days.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purple mine out ... but I also have purple improvement items on-hand. As another poster said, buying purple improvement items for a low level Alt can get expensive ...