Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Shipments

Looeeze
Looeeze
✭✭✭
When you complete a BS, WW or Clothier writ and you're rewarded sometimes with a shipment of 25 materials... is it normal to get the first level of mats (maple, iron, rawhide and jute) nomatter what level writ you are turning in?

I am currently turning in I think level 4 writs and am still getting these low level mats which are now useless to me since I out levelled them ages ago.

Am I experiencing a glitch? Is this normal? I would like to hear your experiences.
Xbox One - North America
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looeeze wrote: »
    When you complete a BS, WW or Clothier writ and you're rewarded sometimes with a shipment of 25 materials... is it normal to get the first level of mats (maple, iron, rawhide and jute) nomatter what level writ you are turning in?

I am currently turning in I think level 4 writs and am still getting these low level mats which are now useless to me since I out levelled them ages ago.

Am I experiencing a glitch? Is this normal? I would like to hear your experiences.
    They will be a random assortment of mats below the writ you are turning in. They were added to writs for One Tamriel since you can no longer go harvest any old low-level mat (useful for those who make things for others) - just mats at your crafting or character level. If you don't want them you can sell them.
  • Looeeze
    Looeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhhh, thank you!! This explains perfectly.
    Xbox One - North America
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »

They will be a random assortment of mats below the writ you are turning in. They were added to writs for One Tamriel since you can no longer go harvest any old low-level mat (useful for those who make things for others) - just mats at your crafting or character level. If you don't want them you can sell them.

Pretty useless, no surveys and just getting this odd refined bunch of junk!

Writs are almost dead!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Writs are only useful for helping level and give a good return of gold improvement tempers and presumably still the chance of psijic recipe pieces from provisioning.

I started doing them again about 3 weeks ago after a long break, to see what the 1T changes would bring. I am happy with the steady return of gold improvement items and kutas but I am doing writs on 5 characters.

For me the reduction in survey map drops is a negative - this was a major source of raw material for me, now I hardly get any. The change to getting surveys from all over Tamriel is a nightmare, as I have to look up where they all are and harvesting them takes twice as long to collect a bunch of them, even though I feel I am only getting about a third of the number I used to.

Because I get random level materials back, most of which I will never use, I am using far more high level materials than I am getting back. Will probably stop doing them and maybe do them only when I need the gold improvement items.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »

Pretty useless, no surveys and just getting this odd refined bunch of junk!

Writs are almost dead!

i respectfully disagree.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    The change to getting surveys from all over Tamriel is a nightmare, as I have to look up where they all are
    Try http://eso.mygamesonline.org/surveys/auridon.php
    Minimalistic website focused solely on survey report locations. Works very well with PS4-Browser, too!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

Stacks of those mats on console (200) sell for about 10k and up sometimes as much as 20k. But yes I get them at times too. I generally put 200 in the guild bank of my guilds any extra I have a low level do writs or sell them.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    To all saying writs are dead / waste of time and mats, yes please do stop doing writs it will make my gold tempers go up in price. I love all the changes.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    To all saying writs are dead / waste of time and mats, yes please do stop doing writs it will make my gold tempers go up in price. I love all the changes.

I 100% agree.

Thank You, you are allow to stop!