Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Old Consumable Writs Completion Not Enabling Current Writs

BenevolentBowd
BenevolentBowd
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi All,

I've been away from the game for a few days and noticed a glitch. When I completed my consumable writs that were from a few days ago, only the Alchemist writ was offered from the consumable writ board afterwards. It occurred on crafters of various tiers and factions.

Has anyone else seen this?

Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
#TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen too the other day and didn't think much of it at the time. Strange...

I'm going to get all the writs today and try completing them tomorrow to see if I can duplicate the issue. I'm wondering if they put in a 24 hour cooldown on the writ quests, although that wouldn't explain why the Alchemy writ works.

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on December 7, 2016 3:29PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    I have had this happen too since update 12, thought it was a new rule. However later i also realized that it didn't apply to alchemy. I seem to remember it not applying to provisioning either, but i could be wrong. I haven't figured out a rule yet but thought it might have to do consumable writs versus the armor writs.

I don't know if its by design or not, but it would be nice to go back to the old structure that allowed players to pick up the current day's writs after completing old ones.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you turn in old writs that happen to be the same items as today's writs, you won't get new writs (because it records you as already having turned in that day's items). You got alchemy because that's on a 4-day rotation instead of 3-day like the other crafts.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA