Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VICIOUS DEATH IS BACK

stephbay123
stephbay123
✭✭✭
Lately PVP has been tough with all these proc sets but now with the latest updated vicious death is back.

On Sunday when I died my recap showed 2 x vicious death for 12k each and 2 x viper sting for i think about 4k each in one recap. What is the point in trying to improve your gear, skills and gameplay if PVP is now simply about how much you can proc?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's annoying when you're trying to get away from an ally group, but they keep running into you before dying and blowing up from a vicious explosion xD
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well vicious death is hardly compareable to viper.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

True but just adds to the list of procs being used in PVP- which is meant to be player versus player not player versus procs
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭

True but just adds to the list of procs being used in PVP- which is meant to be player versus player not player versus procs
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the radius only 4m on VD? I'd think you can easily avoid that by not balling up.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    Isn't the radius only 4m on VD? I'd think you can easily avoid that by not balling up.

4 meters doesn't mean you are in the middle of a ball and zerghing.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play solo, problem solved :trollface:
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually there is nothing wrong with vicious death. vicious death is dependent on the person wearing it getting the killing blow. its not just oh i hit him he died vd procs, its i hit him i the last to hit him because my damage finished him off now vd procs. on top of that vd only effects other players in a 4m (very small radius) around the player when he dies.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does mean that you were extremely close to the player who exploded. Not sure if you're familiar but that's half the radius of Impulse for example.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does mean that you were extremely close to the player who exploded. Not sure if you're familiar but that's half the radius of Impulse for example.

impulse is 6m. your thinking sap essence which is 8m
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    Viciouse death should never have been made. Why should you die because someone next to you died?
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    play solo, problem solved :trollface:

The point of PVP is to capture keeps and resources. When using a siege weapon, trying to enter a keep breach or while in a battle and dieing because someone next to you dies is rubbish. Its just another cancer proc set but on another massive scale.

With all the new weapon ultimates zerghs can easily be demolished- at least that would be an ability doing the killing instead of a proc

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nerieneth's and Sellitrix are proc sets too. Do you think they should be excluded from the game as well? Proc sets should come with a condition for the proc such as delayed time, low but consistent dot etc or having need to kill an enemy ( Vicious Death).

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But not any less badly designed. It's stupid just being near some random paperbag scrub will proc 10k+ damage on you. Especially in group play VD outshines Viper easily.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on December 6, 2016 2:06PM
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Nerieneth's and Sellitrix are proc sets too. Do you think they should be excluded from the game as well? Proc sets should come with a condition for the proc such as delayed time, low but consistent dot etc or having need to kill an enemy ( Vicious Death).

Sure these sets proc but at a 10% chance- not 100% and they do less than half the damage. Not on the same level as VD
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP Math

Shatter Soul + VD = Fun

Velindreth + Radiant Oppression = Fun

Shatter Soul + VD x Velindreth + Radiant Oppression = Fun Squared

Multiply Fun Squared by Eye of the Storm = Fun Cubed

Yet ... Fun Cubed < AOE spamming Stam Sorcs

And before you ask ... a Stam Proc set works very well for Magplars when paired with pokey sticks as well.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hated Vicious Death when it first came out. A set that procs high damage just because a player killed someone near me? That sounded like the worst idea possible for the game.
    But then ZOS made sets that proc high damage for performing a light attack.....now Vicious Death seems OK by comparison.
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    New set idea:

Vicious Viper
    2 piece: Adds 129 spell damage
    3 piece: Adds 129 spell damage
    4 piece: Adds 129 spell damage
    5 piece: Your magic attacks deal an additional 8000 Oblivion damage. This can occur every 5 seconds. When you kill an enemy with Oblivion damage, they explode, dealing 10,000 Flame, Frost, or Shock damage to all enemies in a 15ft radius. If an enemy is killed by the explosion, your max magic returns to 100%.
    Adds 129 Stamina Recovery.

There. Balance has come...
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    threefarms wrote: »
    New set idea:

Vicious Viper
    5 piece: Your magic attacks deal an additional 8000 Oblivion damage. This can occur every 5 seconds. When you kill an enemy with Oblivion damage, they explode, dealing 10,000 Flame, Frost, or Shock damage to all enemies in a 15ft radius. If an enemy is killed by the explosion, your max magic returns to 100%.

Before that 5 piece stam recovery I thought you were crazy.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viciouse death should never have been made. Why should you die because someone next to you died?

hahahahaha...too funny - those were my exact thoughts the first time I saw it on my death recap (arena district in IC where there would be like 30 people fighting in a phone booth)...

what a cruel freaking joke to get killed by your own ally - seriously what wonderfully twisted individual thought that one up...bravo...

after being extremely butt hurt by getting hit with it over and over and over again - my thoughts soon switched to 'hmmmm, I can't wait to get me a set of that stuff'...

there are definitely much "better" sets out there, when it was broken, and in pve, I switched to elegance...

kinda bummed the range got nerfed - still fun though to share a little VD with my pvp buddies...and, as always- work's great with siege weapons (oh yeah, that's a whole other discussion :))...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VD is just good in combination with the true death. Eye of the noobs
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New set idea:

Vicious Viper

Where do i put my cp to increase Oblivion damage?
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    New set idea:

Vicious Viper

Where do i put my cp to increase Oblivion damage?

Its unlocked in the crown store