The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crashing PS4 Pro...

SuperLarrio
SuperLarrio
✭✭✭
I know its been mentioned an i know that others are also having crash issues on ps4/ps4 pro but i feel like it needs a little more attention. I made the switch to ps4 pro this weekend and have had at least 5-6 crashes a day since. It's not random, it happens at pretty regular times. Happens regularly when i switch gear, when i change disguises, when i enter/exit crafting stations, when i enter/exit guild traders. Doesn't happen every time but often enough to be a nuisance, like i said, 5-6 a play session. Doesnt seem to happen when im out questing or just running around. Surprisingly hasn't happened at all during trials.

It has happened twice in cyrodiil and when i logged back in on the same character, i ended up in a never ending load screen. I had to close the app, load up a different character, log back out, then the original crashed character loaded up fine.

I know im not the only one having issues and any info or acknowledgment would be appreciated. It should also be noted, after the first day of crashing, i unistalled and did a totally fresh install thinking maybe the transfer from ps4-ps4 pro was the problem...it didnt help

@ZOS_GinaBruno
"Scissors is in a good place right now but Paper is way OP"-Rock
"Rock is in a good place right now but Scissors is way OP"-Paper
"Paper is in a good place right now but Rock is way OP"-Scissors
  • PC0523
    PC0523
    ✭✭✭
    While the better graphics are awesome, I've been having the same problems with the PS4 Pro. I'm hoping this will be fixed soon.
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the patch today contains some fixes for that. In the meantime I had to resort to turning the ps4 display settings to 1080p at the suggestion of someone on here and haven't blue screened since.
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    While this topic slowly drifts into unanswered non top page obscurity, im just curious, does anyone know if the whole "submit issue to sony" thing that comes on the blue screen after the crash with the error code...does that ever get noticed by anyone at sony? I submit every time, after every crash, with video attached of the event...does anyone ever see those...ever?
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^I don't know - but I sure as hell press it everytime anyway hoping it makes somebody's day more difficult...

I made a post like this during the Orsinium event a few weeks ago - and attributed all these things to the fact that so many people were on - but honestly nothing has changed since.

Everything loads slower on PRO, like undeniably slower. Be it loading screens or even just character textures - everything takes forever.

The crashes are absolutely annoying and yes - they happen so regularly and I've read so many complaints that clearly it is an issue with the PRO - version of the game, not the PRO itself I don't think because no other game is this messed up in transition.

I am so sick of crashing or having 10 fps at awkward times. When I go into a dungeon with 2 friends I'm looking at 15 FPS gameplay without exaggeration. Meanwhile I can do a Dolem with 50 and while they're all sillouettes, the game plays fine. IT doesn't even make sense...

And also lately the _n textures (they would be called Normal Maps in proper terms I think?) Anyway the _n textures of certain objects throughout the game are messed right up and protrude from the environment and cover up half the screen at times - it's like they 'fall out' of their mesh, and that doesn't even make sense, but that's what it looks like - and this happens on regular PS4 as well... I cannot WAIT to be done Caldwell's Gold and the Dominion areas because this issue seems to be heavily persistent in areas that are jungle/graht trees. I've only the most basic texture/mesh modding experience - but it looks to me like somebody stuck the Normal Maps on an actual texture plane, and instead of showing as depth and detail (like it should), it's instead using the normal map as an actual picture, and it looks plain ridiculous - like a modding noob such as myself got ahold of the game.

In Auridon the grass textures don't even load 90% of the time because of the sheer amount of people there - it might as well be play-doh land because I've seen it maybe twice with grass/dirt road textures and I've 100%ed the area... it's an absolute nightmare.

Please ZOS show some ownership for your game and fix this garbage.
    Edited by lagrue on December 1, 2016 12:36AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    Can we at least get some acknowledgment that there may be an issue with ps4 pro???

I was hoping maybe the patch would fix something but it did not. After a few minutes of tweaking the graphics, it looks BEAUTIFUL. I started feeling good. Went to my healer, changed my shoulders...bluescreen. Unbelievable. Did an AA leaderboard run, all the graphic effects, while real pretty to look at with the hdr change, dropped the framerate alot...but no crash. Finish the trial, go to a random guild trader in eastmarch or something...CRASH

Its getting tough to take at this point. Like i said, i guess im getting "lucky" by not having crashes during "real gameplay" like during trials but im getting real nervous to go into my menu screen, change gear, shop, craft...thats when i get my problems.
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    After 2 more stormhaven crashes last night...the search for an answer continues
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    ^
    Everything loads slower on PRO, like undeniably slower. Be it loading screens or even just character textures - everything takes forever.

My PS4 Pro loads crazy fast, im always first in a delve to load. In BF1 im generally waiting 30 sec in a map or longer before it even gets 15 players in cause im only with the first 3 within a map.

I don't use default hard drive, you can get a 1TB SSD for around $220, and if that is out of price range you can get a 1TB Seagate SSHD for under $100 and a 2TB SSHD for under $140.

• SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    adxn3ym4d2ej.jpg

Psn suggested action for the error code=make sure app is up to date...come on zos, this is only one screenshot, i can screenshot a whole weeks worth of the same error code...but it wouldn't matter would it
    Edited by SuperLarrio on December 3, 2016 1:30PM
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    Same crashes...different day

Maybe instead of bumping this once a day i should bump it everytime i bluescreen...Id be as annoying as this issue has become