The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Telvar stones to buy or craft/build a house idea!

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
Zos, please allow us to use telvar stones for housing. Imagine if telvar stones allowed us to buy or build special houses in cold harbor. How cool would that be! This would also increase the population in ic tremendously.

I know I would buy the ic dlc to get stones for a house in cold harbor!

Make IC great again!
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So like...someone kills you, and half your toilet disappears?
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Lol. :D
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't like the idea of using Tel Var stones because I hate PVP, but I'll admit, I would love a house in Coldharbour, and I love the Hollow city! Can we please have a house there?!
    PC/EU DC
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Telvar stones. TA. I think I have over 800 of them and would like to tile my floor with them if I could.
    And wallpaper my walls with those recipes from the level 50 provisioning writs.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    Not Telvar stones. TA. I think I have over 800 of them and would like to tile my floor with them if I could.
    And wallpaper my walls with those recipes from the level 50 provisioning writs.

In my proposal you could use tv to purchase materials as well. I would expand the option of using tv to buy or build a house and or associated materials and what better place than could harbor since tv are available in IC from cold harbor mobs. Im not saying tv is the currency exclusive to housing just expanding the option for us pvpers. Pvers can still use whatever else Zos has in mind (e.g., gold, crowns, wood, ore, etc.).

Not sure how Zos plans on implementing housing but You could have a range of Options for housing using tv. 250k stones = small house (1 room) 500k = medium (2 rooms). 1mill = large (3 rooms). 5mill = estate (2 floors, 4 rooms and a basement).
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it would make pve'ers farm TV stones in farming areas, they would still not care about pvp. And when you do pvp, you never end up with alot of stones anyway, since you will always lose them at some point. Unless you are a ganker.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would make pve'ers farm TV stones in farming areas, they would still not care about pvp. And when you do pvp, you never end up with alot of stones anyway, since you will always lose them at some point. Unless you are a ganker.

Well if pvers want stones they need to go to IC. Otherwise, they can buy a house using traditional currencies/materials everywhere else Zos plans on providing housing.

Your right, nothing's easy. High risk = high rewaard. People will guard their stones more carefully, play smart, bank more often, and most likly stay grouped. But it would significantly boost the population in IC and I guarantee people would buy the dlc to work towards getting that fancy house in cold harbor.

Make IC great again!
    Edited by LegacyDM on November 30, 2016 7:22PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to give that an awsome.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on November 30, 2016 8:37PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I literally laughed out loud at this.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If anything is available for TV stones, it also needs to be available for in game gold.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    If anything is available for TV stones, it also needs to be available for in game gold.

why? Under what policy is this a requirement?

Zos is in the business of making money. If they offered it for gold then there would be no incentive to buy the dlc. People would just continue farming mats in pve zones. Or finding other ways to make gold.

Besides, housing will be throughout all of tamriel. All other zones would be available for gold.

I like the idea of risk vs reward. If your willing to work hard and take a risk than you are rewarded with a house in cold harbor. If not, and you just want to mindlessly farm materials in a pve zone all day with virtually no risk, than you settle for another equal but less rewarding option psychologically.

How about this as a compromise. they could also make houses in cold harbor available to pve players that complete trials Based on Certain hard to obtain achievements. This could potentially generate more excitement for trials and an incentive for more people to form groups to learn the trials. Or another option would be no death runs in maelstrom and vdsa. No death = house.

Edited by LegacyDM on December 3, 2016 8:48PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    I like the idea of risk vs reward. If your willing to work hard and take a risk than you are rewarded with a house in cold harbor.

Or more likely, get repeatedly ganked by swarms of enemy players and forced to grind your way to a house that should have taken less than half the time it did to acquire, causing you to conclude that it just wasn't worth the hassle.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    disintegr8 wrote: »

why? Under what policy is this a requirement?

Zos is in the business of making money. If they offered it for gold then there would be no incentive to buy the dlc. People would just continue farming mats in pve zones. Or finding other ways to make gold.
    I do not believe in forcing PVE players to play PVP in order to obtain something in game, especially if that means buying additional content. If you could use AP instead of TV stones, then at least existing content within the game is already available to people for no extra cost if they want to get them.

You go to the Golden Vendor for monster helms instead of running vet dungeons and can chose to pay for items in gold or AP (different traits I know), you can buy siege supplies with gold or AP, so the precedence is already set.

And not everyone is into trials or vDSA. I have run a few 12 man trials and they are not fun for the uninitiated, more like a pushy speed run to get the job done and pray for a decent reward at the end.......... instead of a prosperous healing staff for a tank................no thanks.
    Edited by disintegr8 on December 3, 2016 10:11PM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One issue with this what about those that don't have that Dlc