Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

DESTRO ULT ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME

mrtrask23
mrtrask23
✭✭✭
What is it with ESO, creating new spells that are way over the top, from the templar jeezus beam and now the f'ing Destro Ult. This ULT is way way way way overpowered..... No discussion needed....
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrtrask23 wrote: »
    What is it with ESO, creating new spells that are way over the top, from the templar jeezus beam and now the f'ing Destro Ult. This ULT is way way way way overpowered..... No discussion needed....

Why post it on the forums if you don´t want any discussion.......rants these days...
    Options
  • mrtrask23
    mrtrask23
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a rant it's a statement of fact!!!! over 60K damage almost every time...
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can get nerfed once I've levelled my new mdk's PVP rank up a bit.
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man its stupid their stam builds running it that do good damage am run it on one of my stambuilds and see how much it ticks for.
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how is it too op? because you too stupid to get out of it?
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

You mean apart from the fact it's a 10k/sec DoT with a large radius that can't be negated, blocked, interrupted and follows the caster around? I guess it's not that op.
    Options
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I have ever survived a combo that included getting hit with that ultimate.
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

You mean apart from the fact it's a 10k/sec DoT with a large radius that can't be negated, blocked, interrupted and follows the caster around? I guess it's not that op.

10k in PVE making it only 5k in pvp.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So assuming resistances, you're telling me it only deals 1.5-2k damage per second in Cyrodiil?
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If yours only hit for 10k I. pve you need to work on your build.
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

really dude? 10k is what it would do on a max magicka, max spell power min/maxed dw bar or burst alchemist destro bar.
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

really dude? 10k is what it would do on a max magicka, max spell power min/maxed dw bar or burst alchemist destro bar.
    Lol if you say so.Like I said you need to work on your pve build.
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or maybe you need to learn the game. tool tip for 4k spell power 45k max magicka is ~10k damage per tick. so ye *** off. and you only reaching 4k on dw bar or alchemist while alchemist proc is up on a destro bar.
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or maybe you need to learn the game. tool tip for 4k spell power 45k max magicka is ~10k damage per tick. so ye *** off. and you only reaching 4k on dw bar or alchemist while alchemist proc is up on a destro bar.
    If you day so bud.
    Options
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭

hodor, cant be negated? are you sure? because I beg to differ, Ive been negated out of mine many many many times
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
    Options
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Devs are trying to keep the newbies feeling good that's all it is.

Obviously OP, if you're defending it you're probably running it
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »

hodor, cant be negated? are you sure? because I beg to differ, Ive been negated out of mine many many many times

That one that acts as a buff (follows you around) can't be negated, no. The static one probably can.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jaronking I too would like to know how one would reach a tooltip of 20k without buffs from other players.

I'm gonna guess you're either talkin about crits or group buffs. Because I seriously doubt a 20k tooltip on Eye.

That would require something along the lines of... 60k magicka and 8k spell dmg I think
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jaronking I too would like to know how one would reach a tooltip of 20k without buffs from other players.

I'm gonna guess you're either talkin about crits or group buffs. Because I seriously doubt a 20k tooltip on Eye.

That would require something along the lines of... 60k magicka and 8k spell dmg I think

Fully buffed my tool tip is 9986. The highest tool tip that I've seen is around 12k
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said you would be hitting 20k in PVE But you can get it to go 12-14k fully buffed in PVE.
    Options
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    my sorc ulti bot cant negate the moving aoe of death. maaaany times per night tried to but in vain. all you really can do is, spot the user/s and negate them before they activate it. its so damn annoying and the dmg... oh lol its real.
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The nerf can come once stamina isn't so overpowered.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of L2P and L2R, Eye of the Storm is pretty OP right now.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd love to trade my jesus beam in return for blinding flashes, no contest.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10k a second.

5k with battle spirit

2.5k - 4k non crits, 4-6k crits.

If you would read the other 100 threads about this ultimate... do you really need a rant thread?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • incognito222
    incognito222
    ✭✭✭
    One counter to destro ulti that I tested with reasonably satisfying outcome = Magma Armor from DK skill line (limits incoming damage to 3% of health per damage tick). In reality it hits slightly more than 3% per tick, so Magma Armor is still not performing as per tooltip description. ZOS please double check and fix if needed.

Bonus : Also helps allies around you gain a shield for 100% their max health for 9 seconds.

My conclusion : Offensive ulti vs Defensive ulti almost cancels each other out (granted you have to pop a single heal after but you'll survive the full brunt quite comfortably). I was on my 5H/2L Magicka DK.

If you don't have Magma Armor ready to use or if you're not a DK, second best counter is to still move out of the AOE radius ASAP (possible alternative : mist form to get 75% dmg reduction with increased movement speed, or dual wield quick cloak morph to get 20% AOE dmg reduction and sprinting away as it also grants you major expedition).

I play from Indonesia with less than ideal latency on PC NA (higher ping and worse lag / delays due to geographical distance from NA server), it should work better for players closer / within the US as you'd be able to detect and react faster at all times.

Will let ZOS and the community continue to discuss if this destro ultimate is overpowered or not in its current state.
    * Playing from Indonesia *
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its probably going to get nerfed since that's all you see in Cyrodiil anymore . The forecast is the same everyday . Cloudy with a big chance of salt showers .
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep PvP = no skill these days not sure how much longer I can be bothered with it
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6k ticks for 10 sec = 60k total

Soul Assault = 55k total over 4 secs

Soul assault can be blocked, Eye can be ran away from, both mediocre counters but still counters.

Go a head nerf the Eys version, I prefer Rage over it anyway
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    6k ticks for 10 sec = 60k total

Soul Assault = 55k total over 4 secs

Soul assault can be blocked, Eye can be ran away from, both mediocre counters but still counters.

Go a head nerf the Eys version, I prefer Rage over it anyway

That damage is halfed in Cyrodiil and doesn't take into consideration how high spell resistance is. So in PvP, a heavy-armored person will take significantly less damage from EotS than a boss in a dungeon.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options